The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Dismantling Democracy

Dismantling Democracy

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
To be honest, when people talked about large companies manipulating news I thought they were being paranoid, until recently.
I needed to reference a large Canadian study on the educational outcomes of children raised in all types of families, including same sex.
Two years ago , on Google, even a vague reference to the study brought up several websites which had the full study available free.
Last week I went to find it again and it had seemingly disappeared! Even when I found the exact web page I needed, Google only brought up links to paid access.
I had to use a search engine I had never heard of to get my hands on it.
Re the ABC , I accidentally saw the end of a documentary on Kath Walker, the indigenous poet, and they are still spreading the lie that the 1967 referendum gave citizenship and the right to vote to aboriginal people and that the white Australia policy was in relation to aboriginal people.
It's no wonder we have young people agitating against indigenous treatment when they are drip fed all these lies.
Posted by Big Nana, Friday, 25 August 2017 10:38:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I can thoroughly empathise with Big Nana's frustration with the Orwellian mass forgetting of recorded - and lived my many of us -recent Australian history.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Friday, 25 August 2017 12:37:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Big Nana,

Aa NSW politician gave the example of gay marriage, where a search for gay opposition to SSM always turned up articles from the pro-SSM side,

http://kirraliesmith.org/2017/08/google-search-is-sus.html
Posted by leoj, Friday, 25 August 2017 1:10:42 PM
It might be that a different search engine will produce better results.
I have seen reports recently that Google has become politically sensitive.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 25 August 2017 1:28:40 PM
Bazz you are correct. I have had to use more obscure search engines lately to find information on topics like ssm and actual true facts re indigenous affairs. A google search always prioritises the black armband version of indigenous history with little regard for the truth. Even government website like the education department are spreading incorrect information.
Posted by Big Nana, Saturday, 26 August 2017 9:00:40 AM
that's strange, this is on first page of google [ aboriginal benefits civilisation]

Australian White Settlement In Perspective (1995) - Our Civilisation
https://www.ourcivilisation.com/cooray/mabo/chap15.htm
There was nothing utopian about traditional Aboriginal society, which was characterised ... White settlement brought to Australia all the advantages of one of the ...
Posted by nicknamenick, Saturday, 26 August 2017 11:01:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy