The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Donald Trump - Is political incompetence an impeachable offence?

Donald Trump - Is political incompetence an impeachable offence?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
Jo

I must say I agree with you, about America selling weapons or did they just give them
to Saudi Arabia. They seem to do this all the time.

They armed Suddam Hussein originally, because they saw Iran as the enemy.

Who can fathom why America makes some of it's crazy decisions.
I no longer agree with bringing any Muslims into Australia or America or Europe.
The good ones here now are fine and eventually the bad ones will attack and be weeded out.

But bringing more in with the argument that they are good Muslims, doesn't allow for
the weeding out of the bad ones. Because as quickly as they show their hand
and are removed from society you have more coming in hiding amongst the good ones.

I am really against bringing in more Muslims , after the killing of those children in England.
The politicians, know that this should be stopped, but they' are more concerned with holding on to their well paid political positions.

Europe now reminds me of those Jews getting passively on those German trains.
Not really believing that the well educated, civilised supposedly good German people
would really load them on a train and send them to gas ovens to die.

I simply don't trust the moderate so called harmless Muslims, in the end they will chose the God they wear that head scarf for,
over non believers or Australian law.

All the wars in history were carried out by the armies of supposedly good people.
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 27 May 2017 9:22:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Cheerful,

Yes, I'm puzzled why the US has been so hostile to Iran since the fascist revolution - they might be totalitarian, but that's never stopped the Yanks. They might be hostile to Israel, but so is pretty much all of the Middle East. Of course, they should be restricted in their own aggressive activities, support for Hamas and Hezbollah obviously.

But why not just dangle incentives in front of its regime, like they've done with so many others, Saddam's as an obvious example ? Apart from their real threat to Israel, they don't seem to be exporting or financing terrorism as some other unnamed Middle Eastern regimes are. I'm not sure that selling $ 150 billion worth of the latest armaments to one of the worst perpetrators is a step in the direction of regional peace.

Perhaps the Don, as capo da capo of a particular cabal, has plans to assist an all-out war between Sunni and Shia, 1.5 billion people right across Europe, north Africa and Asia. India is an ally of Iran and Pakistan a lackey of the Saudis, both nuclear powers, so could such a war be confined ? Which particular barbarism would China side with ?

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 28 May 2017 11:17:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Jo,
It certainly is an uncertain world as you.point out in your post.

It's hard to know where the next threat might originate. Americas reactions don't exactly inspire confidence,

I think the moderate leader was re-elected in Iran last week.
I thought that was good news. Since he's been in power the people have
been freer to go about without the religious police telling them how to dress etc.

And he is also more in favour of having a better relationship with America.
As limited as that may be.

I liked the world 50years ago better.
But I guess peace has always been just an illusion. There was always a conflict somewhere, Vietnam and the IRA. were two. But they seemed distant from Australia then. Now the conflicts seem much closer to home.
I hope somehow we can ride out the storm and Australia can find a way forward for the sake of all our kids.
Posted by CHERFUL, Sunday, 28 May 2017 8:18:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy