The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Victoria finally getting tough on young foreign born criminals

Victoria finally getting tough on young foreign born criminals

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
"Instead they simply watched"

Wouldn't it be reasonable to ascertain what guidelines applied to the police and whether they were in a position to intervene?

You may find out that the only possible would have been a police vehicle on the scene and further, the 'to-be' assailant hadn't committed a serious enough offence before mounting the footpath and hitting people.

What is certain is that any claimed precipitative or over-reaction by police lands them in very hot water.

As for the public T-Boning him before he actually committed a sufficiently serious offence, the same applies with bells on it.

Maybe some here can remember the recent necessary interventions by police that were criticised in some quarters of the media and politics.

The real issue here is the conditions for bail. If any would like to go further,
the issue of self defence (including defence of loved ones and other parties) could be revisited. Another area where the left have difficulty imagining the consequences of their defence and enlargement of the rights of lawbreakers over the rights and safety of victims of crime and the public safety considerations.
Posted by leoj, Saturday, 21 January 2017 12:55:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Any such deportation should be accompanied by all & any family members in Oz. Make the whole family responsible for their own trash, & we might see some improvement.

They will only be getting tough enough when they hire a 70,000 bulk carrier, load it with all the garbage, & do a round trip to the Middle east & Africa.

Of course it may take a couple of such trips to get rid of just the worst of the problem.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 21 January 2017 1:49:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Story from Queensland, African thugs, need to listen to video the text is too short and leaves out important details.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/34244928/grandmother-assaulted-by-gang-in-cowardly-daylight-attack/#page1

May need to copy and paste if link not working.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 22 January 2017 9:31:37 PM
More violent African criminals that need deporting. These must be the ones the Greens don't want deported let them stay and do it again when they get out.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/34251426/i-still-have-night-sweats-five-teens-arrested-over-violent-jewellery-store-heist-which-left-staff-terrified/#page1

Five teenagers have been charged over a violent robbery where a jewellery store staff member was allegedly hit in the head with a gun.

It is alleged the group, of African descent and aged 16 and 17, smashed glass cabinets and stole a large sum of jewellery from the Toorak store on January 14.

A male staff member was allegedly struck in the head with the butt of a gun, before the offenders fled the daylight robbery in a getaway car.

Police found the car abandoned in Collingwood soon after.

After raids in Shepparton and Melbourne last week, the five teens were arrested and charged.

The five teens have been remanded in custody to appear in a children’s court at a later date.

Two of those teens, who are known to police, have also been charged with other armed robberies.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 23 January 2017 7:17:21 PM
See if I can get link right

http://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/34251426/i-still-have-night-sweats-five-teens-arrested-over-violent-jewellery-store-heist-which-left-staff-terrified/#page1
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 23 January 2017 7:23:51 PM
I don't for a moment blame those African youths for allegedly committing those crimes as shown on that news clip. I blame our politicians for initially permitting their entry into the country in the first instance. I blame our pathetic judiciary, for cutting 'em loose instead of denying them bail, time after time after time. I blame the Youth detention centres for not applying the necessary 'strict discipline' when these young hoodlums are ultimately confined therein. After all, they're supposed to be in 'custody'?

But the most reprehensible, culpable or criminally indefensible of them all, are our politicians ! Rarely will they accept meritorious advice from police and others, all of whom are in a consummate position to know the true facts. Rather they prefer to act, or react in a manner to assure their own re-election.

Having due regard to the opinions and suggestions expressed by my learned and esteemed colleague HASBEEN Esq - He suggests inter alia, the entire family of the convicted non-citizen individual, must accompany him upon his mandatory deportation ? I find it to be a little inflexible. Therefore, I would suggest it be modified to say; all those over the age of 'six calendar months' must accompany the convicted non-citizen individual.
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 24 January 2017 12:53:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy