The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Turkish coup. About time?

Turkish coup. About time?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Hi Poirot,

Yes, I agree with you. Of course, Bush, Cheney et al. planned to invade Iraq immediately after 9/11. Personally, I think they should have simply bought him off, brought him on-side (since Islamists were their common enemy) and kissed his arse well and truly, to make Iraq a pro-US haven against Islamism. Yes, pure opportunism. But water under the bridge.

But even so, it's still possible that as of 9/11 - Saddam had a variety of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons, which he choofed over the Syrian border when it looked like the Yanks were going to invade. And would have choofed back if the Yanks hadn't. After all, he still had some Kurds to gas.

But keep fighting yesterday's wars, Poirot, it's such fun, and so safe, to stick it up all of your favourite Evil Empires.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 21 July 2016 11:26:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Loudmouth,

"But keep fighting yesterday's wars, Poirot, it's such fun, and so safe, to stick it up all of your favourite..."

Lol!...you're the guy who waxed lyrical on the subject...

But I forgot...if Joe wants to veer off the immediate subject, that's okay - because he gives himself permission.

BTT
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 21 July 2016 11:53:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You're good value Toni, I often get a good laugh from your comments.

No, I'm actually not front and centre at the David Icke show FYI, though I will admit I was almost tempted to watch a new video of these recent shows that he's uploaded to youtube, but I just couldn't be bothered.
I don't go in for all that reptilian and human consciousness kind of crap he often talks about.
But some of his other stuff like Rothchild Zionism, and geopolitical stuff has been interesting.
I think he tried to oust the pedophilia going on among high profile individuals a long time before it actually came out in the media.
For me I've kind of taken all the useful stuff he had on offer years ago and he's become 'stale' to me.

I stay away from the satanic conspiracy type stuff (though there is definitely some weird questionable stuff going on amongst the elite at Bohemian Grove) and the crazy conspiracy stuff such as faked moon landings and ridiculous flat earth type crap...
I couldn't be bothered getting into 9/11, but I think its fairly obvious we weren't given the whole truth there.
My preferred 'conspiracy theory' type interest (just so you know) is geopolitical, global government, NWO type topics - and most of this stuff is factually based.

Loudmouth,
I'll have to brush up on my history on the specifics of Iraq and Kuwait.
Back then I was a bit younger didn't take as much interest in geoploitical stuff.
But thanks for pointing it out, I'll read up on it when I find time.

I think we are both reading the situation in Turkey mostly the same.
I did in fact hear another potential possibility last night, where it could all be a ruse.
Its about those judges he removed, (I knew something didn't smell right there) and of the US and NATO wanting Turkey to change their constitution.
Watch the second half of this video and let me know what you think.
https://youtu.be/pveDX7ZVIwU?t=13m58s
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 21 July 2016 12:39:40 PM
Thanks Poirot, yes, back to topic.

Hi AC,

I enjoy conspiracy theories, I've read most of Ludlum's thrillers, but don't put any trust in any current conspiracy theory.

In Turkey, (I think) Erdogan is his own man, he is not anybody's puppet. Crazy as it might seem, he is out to build Turkey as a world power, responding differently to the situations in the Middle east and Central Asia, with the long-term aim of destroying Russia, and US influence in his region, however broad it may seem to him. Then onto Greece, Bulgaria and the Balkans.

So he feints towards Russia, Israel, even Iran (and they probably know it). He uses ISIS, even if it seems temporarily to rival to his ambitions to set up his own Caliphate in Istanbul. Like all imperialists, he plans to get back whatever territory, anywhere, was once, no matter for how short a time, a part of some Turkic Empire, Seljuk, Mongol, Tatar, Golden Horde, Ottoman or whatever. If he needs to suck up to Israel today, he'll turn on them whenever it's timely to do so. Watch him put pressure on the Yanks to leave Incirlik.

See ? Conspiracy theories are easy and they're fun ! Everybody should have one !

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 21 July 2016 1:26:45 PM
Paul,

Some posts simply deserve scorn.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 21 July 2016 3:28:20 PM
Shadow, I found AC's link on the so called Gulf of Tonkin incident to be well presented and believable. Many historical sources confirm that President Johnson for political purposes lied to the world, then used those lies as justification for American escalation of the Vietnam War. The Australian Liberal Government was a willing participant in an unjustified war based on lies. Will the Liberal Party ever apologize for it wrongful support of a disgusting war, that seen 521 Australians killed, and over 3,000 wounded. Or like you, will they simply pass it off as "ancient history".
The Yanks sent the believable Mr Nice Guy, Colin Powell to the UN to tell bare faced lies about Iraq and weapons of mass destruction. You would have swallowed that garbage, hook line and sinker. There are now those who are calling for the prosecution of Bush, Blair and Howard as war criminals, would you support that?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 22 July 2016 7:47:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy