The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sex talk with little niece

Sex talk with little niece

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Explaining sex to a ten year old niece?

I see that as a parent's job.

If I were you I would confide in the
parents and leave it up to them - and
possibly suggest an excellent book -

"Where Did I Come from?" by Peter Mayle,
which explains things in a very straightforward
way - easy to understand and age appropriate
for a ten year old.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 26 April 2016 8:27:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy: I see that as a parent's job. If I were you I would confide in the parents and leave it up to them - and possibly suggest an excellent book.

I'm with you on this Foxy. The Guy doesn't necessarily have to be a Pedo. He seems to be a genuine guy whose been struck with a problem & has asked for advise. Labeling anyone with a dilemma is not very Politically Correct & is inappropriate. Labeling would get you shut down on many forums, such as "The Conversation."
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 26 April 2016 8:39:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not one for censorship, Chris and I don't see eye to eye very often. Given this is Kurtis first post on the Forum, I agree with Chris and Susie.
GY how about a comment as to why you allowed this very personal topic in the first place, you are not unknown for putting people in the cooler, including Shadow and me for a lot less. In my opinion.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 26 April 2016 8:52:41 PM
Jayb,

Practically speaking, he is a sexually mature adult but naive. Apparently he is short in the GF and friend departments and by his own admission his earlier tries at relationships have had mixed results. She is developing and confused and will be experimenting, trying her wiles on males. That is normal. What adult hasn't seen that before and maybe has been the object of testing or a crush? You say nothing and steer things elsewhere where necessary.

In this case it could all be easily misconstrued. It could easily get out of order and end in tears.

He needs to demonstrate clear distance and lack of opportunity (most important) by never being alone with the child minor and only being present with her when other adults are present.

He can help her by getting his own life in order and modelling mature behaviour.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 26 April 2016 9:24:05 PM
Looks like the PC brigade is out in force tonight.

The fear of paedophilia has done more damage than paedophilia itself by creating a wedge between children and adults.

This denies children their natural need for contact with adult friends and mentors. It also denies those who are formally adults but still feel a child at heart, the ability to play with little friends thus properly bring that stage of life to its natural completion.

Young adults may still feel a need to kick a ball with the kids, climb trees or play a board game and the like with younger friends, age-old activities that have nothing wrong about them, yet in this generation, this has become a taboo, forcing them instead, as they fear for their skin of being accused with the 'P'-word, into self-destructing "adult" games such as drugs, sex, drinking, gambling, car-racing, etc.

This wedge is very convenient for government. It sends the adults away, wishing they put their energy into work instead (and pay taxes), so the kids are isolated and left to be indoctrinated without resistance.

Often I find myself wanting to talk with children and explain to them that they should not believe the indoctrination they face in schools, that they should rebel, think for themselves and not become cog-wheels of the state and its economy - but alas, I am well aware that just the fact of talking with children, nothing remotely to do with sex of course, would put me in great personal trouble, raising the equivalent of the Spanish Inquisition against me.

Kurtis,

Do talk with your niece, do answer her questions: tell her that sex is not important, that the temporary pleasure it produces is a design of nature aimed at procreation, but as there are way too many people already on this planet, this is no longer relevant and only creates trouble. Tell her she should rather stop thinking about sex as it would only increase her craving, make her addicted to it and consequently suffer. Tell her also that modelling would never bring her true happiness.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 28 April 2016 3:44:40 AM
The fact that you have raised this in a forum and not with the parents sounds like you are looking for tacit permission to proceed with something that is absolutely the purview of the parents to handle themselves or those that they trust such as teachers.

One only has to remember the Safe schools debacle.

As others have mentioned, I am worried for your niece.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 28 April 2016 12:48:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy