The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > With Turnbul and Shorten, are we on a road to nowhere?

With Turnbul and Shorten, are we on a road to nowhere?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Can I also add, Yabby...

That Turnbull's states tax was not "thinking outside the box".

It was straight from inside the box...the IPA box - which contains a 75 item wishlist.

Item No. 7 is "Return income taxing powers to the states".

http://ipa.org.au/publications/2080/be-like-gough-75-radical-ideas-to-transform-australia

Next....
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 5 April 2016 10:48:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poirot, you are clearly way out of your depth, when it comes to how entrepreneurs think, despite being a poster whose contributions I commonly think, often make alot of sense.

So I will assist you a little :) Janine Allis was not the first person to have the idea of selling fruit juice, yet her Boost Juice chain has been wildly successful, as she thinks like an entrepreneur. She even documented it in a book which she called "The Secrets of My Success".
You might learn something about a type of thinking which you clearly don't understand.

So the fact that somebody had an idea before, simply does not matter. It is how things come together as part of an overall strategy which do, but it would be foolish for MT to display exactly how he is playing his hand. It is clearly also foolish of you to underestimate him, just because that plan might be going over your head and you don't yet understand it. The Libs need to get their stuff together, but if anything is going to damage them, it is Tony's goons on the far right, who don't yet seem to understand that the world has moved on
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 5 April 2016 11:39:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby,

Turnbull didn't suggest a proposal to honour the IPA's wishlist because he had a good idea of how to deliver it.

He blathered it (without a written proposal) because he thought he was being "oh-so-clever" in his attempt to bluff the states and push his responsibilities elsewhere.

It has backfired big time...and shouldn't be compared to a successful enterprise like Boost Juice.

Marvellous Mal takes his "not showing his hand" to extremes...he shows nothing....his strategies are dashed off in the morning and scrapped in the evening.

I can assure you that he has no "plan"...you're another one who is sticking to the script that he's roolly "clever". He bloody well not clever "politically" - he's hopeless.

He sets things up for a DD...and ever since he's been wandering about in the garden looking for unicorns.

".....The Libs need to get their stuff together, but if anything is going to damage them, it is Tony's goons on the far right, who don't yet seem to understand that the world has moved on."

I agree.....that's the other fascinating aspect of this Coalition govt farce.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 5 April 2016 12:58:32 PM
* He bloody well not clever "politically" - he's hopeless.*

He is Prime Minister of Australia. Not bad for somebody whom you claim to be "hopeless" :)

*I can assure you that he has no "plan"..*

Poirot, you have no idea what he has, more likely you just can't grasp his way of thinking, which is understandable. He clearly has a plan to make sure that union thugs in the building industry are held to account, looks like he should win that one. His efforts to encourage innovation are on the right track, much as acceptance of the fact that as a nation we have to learn to live within our means. If the States cry poor yet once again, he can hold them to account for failing to accept political responsibility for money which they want to spend. More good plan.

It seems that you are letting emotion interfere with good judgement. Fair enough, that is your problem, not mine
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 5 April 2016 2:27:00 PM
Yabby,

"He is Prime Minister of Australia. Not bad for somebody whom you claim to be "hopeless" :)"

I give him creditfor wrangling his way up the political ladder....mainly on his reputation for success in fields other than "politics".

Let's face it, he hasn't acquitted himself particularly well in this area (apart from becoming PM) - we have a crapped up NBN, outdated, criticised by most technical experts and now set to cost way more than was touted - cheaper, quicker, etc

We have utegate - a gargantuan miscalculation and embarrassing cock-up.

And the cherry on top of the compost heap (thanks PJK) is his woeful performance in the top job...tottering around, reliant on his reputation and charm to fool the plebs that he actually has some grand plan that he's just biding his time to release - when the reality is he has no formulated strategy for the way ahead.

Phooey to that...
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 5 April 2016 3:07:34 PM
Whew Poirot, I thought you might have some real reasons for your opinions, clearly not, judging by your points. Is that all?

Turnbull is clearly hamstrung by an obstinate senate, so fixing that is on the way.

Politically the smart thing to do, is give away as little as possible, given that an election is just around the corner.

Meantime Turnbull remains more popular that Rudd, Gillard, Abbott or Shorten. Political strategy is clearly not your best quality :)
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 5 April 2016 3:40:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11