The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Learning and Speaking English Language

Learning and Speaking English Language

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Learning and Speaking English Language

I'm not sure how learning English will help stop extremism either, many of those who have carried out/plotted atrocities have been highly educated. Speaking English does not promote integration into British, American and Australian societies, and broaden opportunities. English speaking Muslim youths are angry, frustrated and extremist, thanks to state schools with monolingual non-Muslim teachers and English language. English language is not only a lingua franca but also lingua frankensteinia. Human right are also covers linguistic right. Cultural and linguistic genocide are very common. British schooling is murdering community languages like Arabic, Urdu and others. English is today the world killer language. Linguistic genocide is a crime against humanity and British schooling is guilty of committing this crime. Language is not just a language. It defines one's culture, identity and consciousness. It defines how we think, communicate and express ourselves. The fact is the most South Asian Muslims have come to know Islam by way of Urdu, the children's alienation from the language that connects them the heritage of their parents and grandparents is disturbing. As a matter of fact, one has to get to know his mother tongue well if one is to master any other language.

He is expected to call for more Muslim women to learn the language so they can make advances in the job market and take on a more influential role.Prime Minister David Cameron will call on Muslim women to learn English to counter extremism. Living in UK, obviously one needs to know English. However David the Pig abuser should know better, Knowing English does NOT prevent TERRORISM. HATE breeds HATE. TERROR breeds TERRORISM.
IA
http://www.londonschoolofislamics.org.uk
Posted by Iftikhar, Thursday, 18 February 2016 8:22:26 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
huh?

Can someone give an English translation please.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 19 February 2016 5:02:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Iftikhar,

How come then that Muslim male immigrants to the UK learn English, but keep their women from doing so? Perhaps it is a method of controlling them, otherwise these Muslim women would realise that their men are lying to them and decide to make a life of their own.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 20 February 2016 6:08:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wish you didn't have a grasp of English........it would do us all a favour.
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 20 February 2016 5:47:22 PM
Iftikhar "Speaking English doesn't promote integration into Australian (or British) society"?
"English speaking Muslim youths are angry, frustrated and extremist, thanks to state schools with monolingual non-Muslim teachers and English language"??

Iftikhar you're a frickin' retard mate and you represent EVERYTHING that is wrong with this world.

I'm fairly sure that if YOU CANT SPEAK ENGLISH then you aren't going to easily integrate into ANY WESTERN COUNTRY where English is the main language.

If speaking English doesn't promote integration then I'm not sure what does. Please explain?
I GUARANTEE YOU that not speaking English will ensure that your community (wherever the hell you come from) remains isolated, segregated and unaccepted by the rest of the English speaking inhabitants of your local community.

ITS NOT THE BRITISH CITIZENS JOB TO INTEGRATE WHERE YOU CAME FROM.
ITS YOUR JOB TO INTEGRATE INTO THAT COUNTRY IF YOU WISH TO BE PART OF IT.
DON'T GO TO THEIR COUNTRY AND THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW THEY DO THINGS.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM.

Don't come to our countries and put our language down.
"Lingua Frankensteinia" - You are "Ethnic Frankensteinia" living in someone else's country and complaining about how the locals do things.
It's YOU that doesn't WANT to embrace that nation and fit in.
You're complaining shows disrespect to the people who ALLOWED YOU to stay there.
Its not their job to accommodate you.
It's your job to find your own place in this world, no-one elses.

I don't agree with Cameron much, but he's right about this.
If you don't want to speak English and have no will to do so, then pack your bags and get the hell out.
We don't want foreigners infecting our countries with backward thinking, you whining individuals will only dilute our sovereignty and destroy our culture.

Oh and btw "Our Culture" might be meat pies and Sunday BBQ's, many say we don't have a culture, but that's the damn point.
We don't want anyone's else ideas of how we should live.
WE DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN CULTURE, THAT'S OUR CULTURE.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 22 February 2016 3:07:51 AM
English is not a peace building language for the Muslim children in British schooling. Majority of English speaking Muslim youths are extremists, find themselves cut off from their cultural heritage and are unable to enjoy the beauty of their literature and poetry. One can find English speaking Muslim youths in Syria and Iraq, in prison and in the mental hospital. Thanks to English language. English is the economic language of the Muslims while Arabic , Urdu and other community languages are the social and emotional languages of the Muslim community.

The demand for Muslim schools comes from parents who want their children a safe environment with an Islamic ethos. Parents see Muslim schools where children can develop their Islamic Identity where they won't feel stigmatised for being Muslims and they can feel confident about their faith. Muslim schools are working to try to create a bridge between communities. There is a belief among ethnic minority parents that the British schooling does not adequately address their cultural needs. Failing to meet this need could result in feeling resentment among a group who already feel excluded. Setting up Muslim school is a defensive response. State schools with monolingual teachers are not capable to teach English to bilingual Muslim children. Bilingual teachers are needed to teach English to such children along with their mother tongue. According to a number of studies, a child will not learn a second language if his first language is ignored.

Bilingualism has positive effects on children’s linguistic and educational development. The level of development of children’s mother tongue is a strong predictor of their second language development. Mother tongue promotion in the school helps develop not only the mother tongue but also children abilities in the majority school language. Spending instructional time through minority language in the school does not hurt children’s academic development in the majority school language. When parent’s culture are recognized by the school, their interest and involvement in the curriculum often increase dramatically.
IA
http://www.londonschoolofislamics.org.uk
Posted by Iftikhar, Monday, 22 February 2016 4:42:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Muslim children must learn and be well versed in standard English to follow the National Curriculum and go for higher studies and research to serve humanity. At the same time he must learn and be well versed in Arabic, Urdu and other community languages to keep in touch with their cultural heritage and enjoy the beauty of their literature and poetry. A Muslim is a citizen of this tiny global village. He does not want to become notoriously monolingual Brit. The whole world belongs to Muslims.

I have always said, the more languages you know, the broader your cultural knowledge. Those who say you must only use one language narrow their perception of the world. Also, people who can learn languages are good at playing musical instruments. Languages should be taught more in school. When I speak in Arabic I feel like a poet and when in English, I feel like a philosopher.

Indiscipline, incivility, binge drinking, drug addiction, gun and knife crimes, teenage pregnancies and abortion are part and parcel of British schooling. These are the reasons why majority of Muslim parents would like to send their children to Muslim schools with Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. Only less than 10% attend Muslim schools and more than 90% keep on attending state and church schools to be mis-educated and de-educated by non-Muslim monolingual teachers.

There are hundreds of state and church schools where Muslim children are in majority. In my opinion, all such schools may be opted out as Muslim Academies. This means the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school
Posted by Iftikhar, Monday, 22 February 2016 6:17:20 AM
"Oh and btw "Our Culture" might be meat pies and Sunday BBQ's"

In one culture masculinity is expressed by killing and roasting helpless animals.
In the other culture masculinity is expressed by beating and stoning helpless women.

And both believe that they own the world.

Dear Iftikhar,

First you praised the Muslim school-system, where children turn out to be more balanced and tolerant and less criminal or extreme, then you say:

"There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school"

In other words, you want non-Muslim children to miss on this wonderful opportunity and remain susceptible to indiscipline, incivility, binge drinking, drug addiction, gun and knife crimes, teenage pregnancies and abortion. You want your children to be bilingual, but the others to remain mono-lingual.

Obviously being liked and accepted is not high on your priority list.

Dear Critic,

<<many say we don't have a culture, but that's the damn point>>

The point is that with no longer having a culture, you are unable to keep your children on the straight and narrow. The point is that many children fill this void with crime and radicalisation.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 22 February 2016 8:28:42 AM
Iftikhar,

What an pile of garbage. You may have a particular agenda to push, but lying about it does not convince anyone.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 5:11:40 AM
What does integrating mean? Muslims are not embracing western life'. What do we do? In our free time us English go down the pubs and get smashed, do the same in clubs, sleep with random people and as a result have the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe.

Can anybody please tell me what integration means? other then speak English!The Jews did their best to integrate in Germany. They even took German names! Look how far it got them. If the Muslims try to integrate, the Germans/British will complain about the 'pollution' of their identity once again. I wonder how many English people were saying "Multi-Culturalism does not work" when they were busy invading and taking over other people's countries!? India, the Africa, the Americas, Australia, to name but a few. I wonder how many English people are saying "Multi Culturalism does not work" when they are busy sunning themselves in the south of Spain, speaking only English, eating in English restaurants, drinking in English bars, and complaining that not all Spaniards speak English!? Monkey see? Monkey do? And what is English culture, anyhow!? Our football teams are full of foreign players and some are owned by foreign owners, Christian Church attendance has dwindled, we love our curries (influenced by Indian food), we holiday abroad often...so I really would like somebody to define to me what is English culture, these days. If you mean by integration going down to the pub with the lads, getting drunk, picking up a few girls, and then on Sunday maybe going to church - then I'm sure that Muslims will not integrate.
Posted by Iftikhar, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 8:13:30 AM
Iftikhar,

This shouldn't be an issue, even in Britain where you are - everybody who intends to stay in another country long-term should learn the local language. If I were to go and live in, say, Vietnam or Portugal for a number of years, I would obviously learn the local language, if possible to learn the basics before I got ghefre.

And Muslim women especially should be very strongly encouraged to learn English in Britain - in fact, they should be given some sort of study grant for doing so. I don't really care what the men do, but most certainly women and girls should be supported to get the best education they can, and to do that in Britain, they most certainly need English.

An article in today's Australian charts the course in the education of Malala Yousafzai's mother, an intelligent woman who was illiterate until recently, given the backward attitudes that Muslim society in Pakistan has towards women's education.

Educate the woman and you educate the entire family. Educate a family and you can educate the whole village. Women's education is the key to unlocking all that potential. Let the men sit around scratching their nuts all day, and being very important, if they like, but give the women a chance.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 8:17:35 AM
Muslim schools 'must respect British values' says Jack Straw. Schools with large numbers of Muslim pupils must respect British values, former home secretary Jack Straw said.

The warnings came as Sir Michael Wilshaw, the head of Ofsted, took charge of the watchdog's probe into the so-called Trojan Horse plot to oust heads and governors and run schools according to strict Islamic principles. Another inquiry is being conducted by former anti-terrorism police chief Peter Clarke, who was appointed by Education Secretary Michael Gove.

At least five Birmingham schools face being put into special measures, while a sixth has already been failed. Tahir Alam, the plot's alleged ringleader, denies involvement.

Talha Ahmad, of the Muslim Council of Britain, said: '[Mr Straw] talks about accepting that Britain has a set of values. I don't know of any decent Muslim who would disagree with that.'

To the people who are saying they checked Park Views website and the pupils are taught Arabic and Urdu in all years, it's rubbish my son goes there and has never done Arabic and Urdu he does French, it's up to each pupil to chose a language in their options, and NO they are not been forced to learn Arabic and Urdu, nor are the girls forced to wear a scarf if you go there you will see plenty of girls with no scarf again it's up to each individual.

Straw says Muslims must accept British values. Does this include, Mr Straw, the high divorce rate, the high abortion rate, high levels of out of wedlock birth rates, which often mean undeserved benefits for these unmarried mothers? Are these the values to be accepted Mr Straw? I THINK NOT!What British values? Corruption, lying and stealing by MPs, paedophilia and cover-ups. I am ashamed of this country and ashamed to be British! I don't remember Straw and his lot respecting British values....
Posted by Iftikhar, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 8:22:11 AM
There are countless women who are promoting education in Pakistan, but they don't promote via BBC, or any other foreign channels---There has never been an incident of violence by any, leave alone the Taliban's, on any of these women from Pakistan---What is so special about this Malala, that she has been honoured with peace prize, and nominated for Noble?---Yes of course she needs to come back to Pakistan, or how else will she spread mischief about Taliban's sitting in Britain---

At age 11 Malala began writing, under a pseudonym, for the BBC. Did the BBC encourage Malala, knowing she was only 11? If that is the case, what an irresponsible, unethical act!! I am sure the BBC feels somewhat remorseful that this story ended the way it did, and they are the ones who are paying for Malala's treatment in England. I wonder if Malala's parents were aware of their daughter's blog. The Taliban extremists are against any Western ideas that encourage women to reach their potential. This attitude exists all over the world, not just in the Middle East. It's not an attitude readily palpable, but if you scratch the surface, the idea of women being subservient objects exists even in so-called "civilized" societies. Americans shoot little girls and boys and babies also and yes, the ones doing so are ALL evil whether they are Taliban or American.

Reading all the other Malala stories, there was a strong sense that people were stereotyping all Pakistanis, and all Pakistani men, by the Taliban. They conveniently forgot that millions of Pakistani girls are attending schools, and that’s because their parents, fathers included, want them to have an education
Posted by Iftikhar, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 8:26:38 AM
Iftikhar,

Malala is a young woman who campaign for women's education and was shot in the face by one of your fellow-Muslims - and still came back to keep the work going. Now, that's courage. I wouldn't expect a Muslim man to understand that, but I do think her Nobel Prize was well-earned. I wait patiently for any Pakistani man to show as much courage, to get shot in the face, and still come back to keep doing what is needed for girls' wducation.

British values ? Like Australian values, these would include observance of the rule of law, equality of men and women, freedom of speech and expression, freedom to worship or not. You know very well, so why this stupid rubbish about " ... the high divorce rate, the high abortion rate, high levels of out of wedlock birth rates, ... "?

As long as the British legal system comes down very hard on forced marriage, genital mutilation, honor killings, polygamy, abuse of women, and all of the other ghastly features of Islam which penalise women and girls, it will get my support 100%.

Can you say the same ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 8:37:20 AM
A couple of Pakistanis have adopted the British values of grooming young children. They are the product of the British schooling with non-Muslim monolingual teachers. I have been doing Jihad in the field of education for the last 40 years so that each and every Muslim child should be in a state funded Muslim schools with bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. I would like to see Muslim children developing Cultural, linguistic and spiritual identities so that they could keep themselves away from western barbarity of anti-social behaviour, binge drinking, drug addiction, teen age pregnancies and abortion and lot of other evils but people like you do not want to see Muslim children in Muslim schools in the name of integration. Now you have seen the result in the form of sexual grooming of young children which is a common occurrence in your culture.

Muslim schools teach Muslim children that sex outside marriage is a sin. Homosexuality is also a sin. Sex before marriage and homosexuality are western values and Muslims are not supposed to adopt them.

British values, which are said to include respect for legally protected characteristics such as homosexuality, religion, gender change, disability, race and marital status. what a warping of British values, the British values I was taught are respect for the institution of marriage, freedom of religious pursuit, freedom of speech, respect for the monarch. respect for others.

British culture. Watch BBC News about Rolf Harris and his evil deeds for the last 50 years. Muslims feel ashamed of British culture and it values.
Posted by Iftikhar, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 8:56:07 AM
"A couple of Pakistanis" ? No, Iftikhar, we will never forget Rotherham, which must have involved hundreds of perverts, most of them Pakistani fraping young girls and boys. Actually, I would have thought that Rolf Harris would have been right up your alley.

Homosexuality is not necessarily a "western value", it's simply an option within the context of the rights of people to live as they wish, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. And, until the opportunist left gets its way in their plan for the destruction of western society, it won't be compulsory.

Perhaps you can argue the toss with them about homosexuality.

I'm sure that British people generally are taught " .... respect for the institution of marriage, freedom of religious pursuit, freedom of speech, respect for the monarch, respect for others ..."

yes, all within the overarching set of "British values". But of course there will always be distortions and misuse of what rights people may have available to them, getting drunk, etc.

And I wonder what proportion of Muslim women in Britain are being funded by the British welfare system as single mothers, when we know they are in illegal polygamous relationships ?

Anything else anti-British, Iftikhar ? God, what a hypocrite.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 9:13:46 AM
Richard Dawkins on Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzoZuHtJ0EI

One is left wondering how many bullying, seditious, medieval Islamic thugs there are in the UK as a result of the diversity policies of UK Labor,

<The huge increases in migrants over the last decade were partly due to a politically motivated attempt by ministers to radically change the country and "rub the Right's nose in diversity", according to Andrew Neather, a former adviser to Tony Blair, Jack Straw and David Blunkett.

He said Labour's relaxation of controls was a deliberate plan to "open up the UK to mass migration" but that ministers were nervous and reluctant to discuss such a move publicly for fear it would alienate its "core working class vote".

As a result, the public argument for immigration concentrated instead on the economic benefits and need for more migrants.

Critics said the revelations showed a "conspiracy" within Government to impose mass immigration for "cynical" political reasons.>

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/6418456/Labour-wanted-mass-immigration-to-make-UK-more-multicultural-says-former-adviser.html
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 11:01:51 AM
Hi OTB,

Some people compare the post-war immigration to Australia with what has been happening over the last twenty years, as it they are similar. But

* after the War, there was a multitude of infrastructure projects to get stuck into, requiring a multitude of unskilled and semi-skilled labour; and

* the migrants who came out were both desperate to work, AND had come from semi-industrial societies where hard work was the norm.

Whereas the jobs these days are much fewer, AND require, on the whole, far higher skill levels. And it would have to be said that many migrants these days may not have those sorts of skills.

Another comparison: back in the forties and fifties, I'll bet there were very few migrants on welfare; but because of that skill mismatch these days, a much higher proportion of migrants may be on long-term welfare. Different ball-game.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 11:35:29 AM
"...Sex before marriage and homosexuality are western values and Muslims are not supposed to adopt them."

Tell that to the Muslim men in Afghanistan who believe "....that women are for breeding and boys are for pleasure".
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 25 February 2016 6:26:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy