The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Learning and Speaking English Language

Learning and Speaking English Language

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
There are countless women who are promoting education in Pakistan, but they don't promote via BBC, or any other foreign channels---There has never been an incident of violence by any, leave alone the Taliban's, on any of these women from Pakistan---What is so special about this Malala, that she has been honoured with peace prize, and nominated for Noble?---Yes of course she needs to come back to Pakistan, or how else will she spread mischief about Taliban's sitting in Britain---

At age 11 Malala began writing, under a pseudonym, for the BBC. Did the BBC encourage Malala, knowing she was only 11? If that is the case, what an irresponsible, unethical act!! I am sure the BBC feels somewhat remorseful that this story ended the way it did, and they are the ones who are paying for Malala's treatment in England. I wonder if Malala's parents were aware of their daughter's blog. The Taliban extremists are against any Western ideas that encourage women to reach their potential. This attitude exists all over the world, not just in the Middle East. It's not an attitude readily palpable, but if you scratch the surface, the idea of women being subservient objects exists even in so-called "civilized" societies. Americans shoot little girls and boys and babies also and yes, the ones doing so are ALL evil whether they are Taliban or American.

Reading all the other Malala stories, there was a strong sense that people were stereotyping all Pakistanis, and all Pakistani men, by the Taliban. They conveniently forgot that millions of Pakistani girls are attending schools, and that’s because their parents, fathers included, want them to have an education
Posted by Iftikhar, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 8:26:38 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Iftikhar,

Malala is a young woman who campaign for women's education and was shot in the face by one of your fellow-Muslims - and still came back to keep the work going. Now, that's courage. I wouldn't expect a Muslim man to understand that, but I do think her Nobel Prize was well-earned. I wait patiently for any Pakistani man to show as much courage, to get shot in the face, and still come back to keep doing what is needed for girls' wducation.

British values ? Like Australian values, these would include observance of the rule of law, equality of men and women, freedom of speech and expression, freedom to worship or not. You know very well, so why this stupid rubbish about " ... the high divorce rate, the high abortion rate, high levels of out of wedlock birth rates, ... "?

As long as the British legal system comes down very hard on forced marriage, genital mutilation, honor killings, polygamy, abuse of women, and all of the other ghastly features of Islam which penalise women and girls, it will get my support 100%.

Can you say the same ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 8:37:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A couple of Pakistanis have adopted the British values of grooming young children. They are the product of the British schooling with non-Muslim monolingual teachers. I have been doing Jihad in the field of education for the last 40 years so that each and every Muslim child should be in a state funded Muslim schools with bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. I would like to see Muslim children developing Cultural, linguistic and spiritual identities so that they could keep themselves away from western barbarity of anti-social behaviour, binge drinking, drug addiction, teen age pregnancies and abortion and lot of other evils but people like you do not want to see Muslim children in Muslim schools in the name of integration. Now you have seen the result in the form of sexual grooming of young children which is a common occurrence in your culture.

Muslim schools teach Muslim children that sex outside marriage is a sin. Homosexuality is also a sin. Sex before marriage and homosexuality are western values and Muslims are not supposed to adopt them.

British values, which are said to include respect for legally protected characteristics such as homosexuality, religion, gender change, disability, race and marital status. what a warping of British values, the British values I was taught are respect for the institution of marriage, freedom of religious pursuit, freedom of speech, respect for the monarch. respect for others.

British culture. Watch BBC News about Rolf Harris and his evil deeds for the last 50 years. Muslims feel ashamed of British culture and it values.
Posted by Iftikhar, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 8:56:07 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"A couple of Pakistanis" ? No, Iftikhar, we will never forget Rotherham, which must have involved hundreds of perverts, most of them Pakistani fraping young girls and boys. Actually, I would have thought that Rolf Harris would have been right up your alley.

Homosexuality is not necessarily a "western value", it's simply an option within the context of the rights of people to live as they wish, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. And, until the opportunist left gets its way in their plan for the destruction of western society, it won't be compulsory.

Perhaps you can argue the toss with them about homosexuality.

I'm sure that British people generally are taught " .... respect for the institution of marriage, freedom of religious pursuit, freedom of speech, respect for the monarch, respect for others ..."

yes, all within the overarching set of "British values". But of course there will always be distortions and misuse of what rights people may have available to them, getting drunk, etc.

And I wonder what proportion of Muslim women in Britain are being funded by the British welfare system as single mothers, when we know they are in illegal polygamous relationships ?

Anything else anti-British, Iftikhar ? God, what a hypocrite.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 9:13:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Richard Dawkins on Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzoZuHtJ0EI

One is left wondering how many bullying, seditious, medieval Islamic thugs there are in the UK as a result of the diversity policies of UK Labor,

<The huge increases in migrants over the last decade were partly due to a politically motivated attempt by ministers to radically change the country and "rub the Right's nose in diversity", according to Andrew Neather, a former adviser to Tony Blair, Jack Straw and David Blunkett.

He said Labour's relaxation of controls was a deliberate plan to "open up the UK to mass migration" but that ministers were nervous and reluctant to discuss such a move publicly for fear it would alienate its "core working class vote".

As a result, the public argument for immigration concentrated instead on the economic benefits and need for more migrants.

Critics said the revelations showed a "conspiracy" within Government to impose mass immigration for "cynical" political reasons.>

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/6418456/Labour-wanted-mass-immigration-to-make-UK-more-multicultural-says-former-adviser.html
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 11:01:51 AM
Hi OTB,

Some people compare the post-war immigration to Australia with what has been happening over the last twenty years, as it they are similar. But

* after the War, there was a multitude of infrastructure projects to get stuck into, requiring a multitude of unskilled and semi-skilled labour; and

* the migrants who came out were both desperate to work, AND had come from semi-industrial societies where hard work was the norm.

Whereas the jobs these days are much fewer, AND require, on the whole, far higher skill levels. And it would have to be said that many migrants these days may not have those sorts of skills.

Another comparison: back in the forties and fifties, I'll bet there were very few migrants on welfare; but because of that skill mismatch these days, a much higher proportion of migrants may be on long-term welfare. Different ball-game.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 23 February 2016 11:35:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy