The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Australia Need A New Flag?

Does Australia Need A New Flag?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21
  13. All
As some one stated - the only constant in life
is change. Many fear it yet it often turns
out not to be as bad as we thought it would be.
Perhaps we should embrace it?
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 27 January 2016 9:50:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For those that understand the symbolism of our current flag knows the history it represents. Any other flag would merely be a work of art and not have the same symbolic meaning or history. What has a kangaroo or boomerang hold in symbolism for our culture or history? A flag must represent a culture or history.
Example:
Blue represents the sky under which we live
Stars represent our aspirations of endeavor
White the purity and integrity of our laws
Red the blood we shed in endeavor to protect our culture.
The crosses the unity of peoples as the foundation of our culture
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 27 January 2016 10:26:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fox, "Perhaps we should embrace it?"

The high pressure salesman's tactic, "Trust me, just buy it" (and have your regrets later).

You are asking the public to suspend their critical judgement and take everything on trust, "Never you mind".

Of course you also favour censorship. For example, you rigidly defend the noxious affront to free speech that is Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act.

The leftist 'Progressives' have earned a reputation for throwing the baby out with the bathwater and refusing (of course) to be accountable for the unforeseen (one would hope unforeseen) negative consequences of their social experimentation.

What about those 'Struggle Streets'? "Nah, lets spend millions on a new flag. Imagine of all of the rejigging we can do behind the scenes".

So many diversions and so few policies, NONE whatsoever, to improve the lot of the ordinary working young people and young couples too who are staggering under the burden of taxes and user pays to support leftist social reengineering (and the negative consequences).
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 27 January 2016 10:45:31 AM
Dear Shadow Minister,

I also am more of a traditionalist.
The only thing I would like changed in a new flag
is to have the symbols that represent the UK
removed once we become a Republic.

Dear Josephus,

Beautifully put.

I think many people would agree with you.

Possibly what should be removed is the symbols
of the UK. Australia has changed and is not what
it used to be. And, because something has served
us well but no longer represents us does not
mean we should hang onto it (as for example -
knights and dames honours).
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 27 January 2016 10:46:45 AM
Hi there PAUL1405...

I'm sorry there ol' mate but I'm not up with these new tags, 'progressives' etc ? While it is quite true, I am very conservative, I really do find the Aboriginal Flag particularly attractive with it's colour scheme - Black Yellow Red very representative of our huge dry continent, I would've thought? What do you reckon Paul, do you like it?

My humble interpretation of the flag's original meaning?

Black - represents our original inhabitants;
Yellow - representing our vast deserts; and
Red - representing the burning, red hot Sun.

Pretty apposite I would've thought? Only my own opinion Paul?
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 27 January 2016 10:51:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OTB,

You're reading far too much into things.
After all you don't know me.
Have a nice day!
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 27 January 2016 10:58:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21