The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Australia Need A New Flag?

Does Australia Need A New Flag?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. ...
  14. 19
  15. 20
  16. 21
  17. All
Foxy,

I'm waiting patiently.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 28 January 2016 5:23:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OTB,

You call me an "echo chamber?"

Thank You. That's a compliment and I
don't get many of those from you.
It means I'm merely repeating what people
are saying.

Also, that's a good thing. It means I'm standing
out. I'm different than the other people in your
niche and that's exactly where I want to be.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 28 January 2016 5:25:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Is Mise,

Check out the link I gave on page 8.
It explains the difference between
what the Union Jack means to Hawaii.
It should be quite clear.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 28 January 2016 6:47:59 PM
When I drove and walked the streets on Tuesday the only flag I saw was our current one and people were waving it happily, saying, "Happy Australia day!"

I did see one or two aboriginal flags on public buildings, but that represents aboriginal culture.
Posted by Josephus, Thursday, 28 January 2016 7:42:39 PM
Foxy,

That does explain the difference but you were talking about perceptions and I ask you, why would peoples perceptions be different?
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 28 January 2016 9:25:20 PM
Hi, o sung wu, I wasn't going to get into a discussion about 'flags' I think its superficial and there are far more pressing issues, but I like talking to you.
If I was having a pick the one in the link below would do me, but if you want the Aboriginal colours, I'm sure that could be accommodated by replacing the green and gold of the 'southern horizon' as they call it at the bottom with the black, yellow and red.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-26/alternative-australian-flags-ranked-by-university-survey/7113992

The Long Bay Hilton, the state government are keen to sell it off for development, its on very valuable land at Malabar. I used to go there when the nursery operated to buy plants, the gates wide open the inmates in their prison greens taking my money and tending the shrubs. One of the best places to get good quality plants in the east, it had a top reputation, Cons make very good gardeners, its not open anymore, that is a shame. they used to have a top class vegie garden as well, grew everything, the worlds biggest caulies etc, the inmates didn't go short for fresh vegies that's for sure. I'll have to ask me old mate about that, he was a tower guard at The Bay for about 30 years, a crack shot, and don't try to escape he didn't miss so he told me.
The Malabar headland is under threat including the ANZAC rifle range, again a juicy bit of land prime for development. Been an issue between state and feds for years. its got a reprieve at the moment, but how long that will last we don't know. The 'Pony Club' is coming back, after being kicked off the headland, that's good.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 29 January 2016 5:03:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13