The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A schism of endless possibilities

A schism of endless possibilities

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
Before the next federal election, it would be interesting to see a schism unfold in the Liberal Party driven by Malcolm Turnbull.

By this I mean that Malcolm should lead a division in the Liberal Party whereby he draws a moderate-liberal line in the sand and then challenges the neo-conservatives in the party (and in the Nationals) to either put up and shut up or leave the party (I presume they would leave).

I believe that Malcolm has enough support at the moment from moderate, rational conservatives and the right, centre and centre-left of the labor party to run a successful campaign that would enable the moderate Liberals to control the Parliament in their own right. Such a campaign might well reduce the neo-conservatives to a very small rabble in Parliament and reduce the Nationals to an inconsequential cohort (a likely outcome if the Malcolm-led Liberals ran candidates against all sitting Nationals – let’s face it, Malcolm no longer owes the National Party any loyalty since the Ian Macfarlane debacle).

I also think that such a schism would enable Malcolm to be free of the shackles associated with his recent elevation to the liberal leadership i.e. the ultra-conservative policy positions on same-sex marriage and climate change to name a couple. Having the latitude to pursue more moderate and rational policies would only strengthen Malcolm’s position and public appeal.

A schism in the Liberal Party would also be a great backdrop to a double dissolution election. To take the lower and upper houses in one fell swoop – an achievement of Lazarus proportions indeed.

Finally, a schism of this nature might entice me to actually cast a non-donkey vote for the first time since Kevin07. Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone authentic to vote for, for a change?
Posted by FromTheSidelines, Monday, 21 December 2015 6:02:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Trouble is I don't believe "From the Sidelines" is actually coming from the sidelines. That comment comes from right in the middle. I too support Malcolm in some of the minor initiatives - same sex marriage and perhaps even, if he dares euthanasia. But how can anyone actually vote for global warming when there is not the slightest sign of it for the last 15 years. Climate change - yes but we, as humans, did not cause it and there is probably nothing we can do about it, certainly not by paying any taxes to affect it.
Also we wait to see how Malcolm reduces the enormous deficit. This is the really serious problem and even Tony didn't really try. It was a step too far for them so how can Malcolm succeed
Posted by Dickybird, Tuesday, 22 December 2015 6:20:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Channel Ten during advertising is promoting 6 new episodes of X-Files.
Having remembered watching late 1990s X-Files episodes and an X-Files movie. For those readers too young to have watched X-Files episodes. FBI agents Dana Scully and Fox Mulder are investigating outer space alien existence on earth. And that people in influential government positions are covering up alien existence.

Channel Ten promotion, having Mulder saying “are we truly alone or are we being lied to”. The X in “THE X FILES” screen presentation is shown inside a red circle.

If any evidence needed to argue that television and movie producers were sending media viewers religious messages, X Files provides an excellent argument.

That Radio National 1999 guest speaker I occasionally mention, was informing radio program listeners that “X” is an ancient symbol of death. Nazi Swazi-sticker X, ends turned to one direction, was often seen on banners inside a red circle. Red being the colour of blood, circle symbols representing the circle of life: birth; life; death, back to birth; life; death, in a continued circle. Google “snake biting its own tail”.

By Googling “five wounds of jesus pentagrams” I have read pentagrams were early symbols of Jesus sacrifice. Following 200 years of pentagram usage, a 4 pointed cross became the dominate death symbol. Radio National, 1999 guest stating 'nailing a dead man onto a cross expressed symbolised 4 pointed crosses as a death symbol'.

Roman numerals X equals 10 and V equals 5, 5 being Jesus pentagram point number. God's Ten Commandments rules are difficult not to break, causing god's punishments having believers failing to honour god's Ten Commandments. Symbol “V” has in several television series, story of reptile space aliens invading earth. Long running children's cartoon series “Ben 10” seen on GO Channel.
The reasons why Roman rulers placed X and V as number symbols, used to also add threatening death symbolism into a military Roman culture. Or Roman ruling class Christianity religion adopted Roman numeral symbols. Either way that's my arguments.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 22 December 2015 11:53:51 AM
Beginning around year 2000, lasting for how long, I don't know, radio announcements that, “many people believe in Jesus second coming, Jesus is coming soon”.

So what's going on, you may ask?

Believe me when I say, regardless what religion promotes Jesus second coming, you don't want Jesus second coming. Yet, knowing what's going on in the media can at the right time be financially rewarding and humorous to understand.

Pope Francis recently stated that: a Genesis creation day is not a literal day; that god doesn't have a magic wand. Both statements with a little bit of thought, people can come to a conclusion that Catholic true ideology are more along the lines of Darwinism.

My formulated beliefs: When parable creation god takes a seventh day of rest, after telling Adam and Eve representing/symbolising mankind, not to eat forbidden fruit, fruit representing knowledge. Humans placing themselves on top of the food chain, humans removing themselves from natural selection balance of nature. Creation god on returning from god's day of rest, god discovers human population growth is out of balance with nature. As creation god banishes Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden. God's return is the St John's Revelations, Jesus breaks the seven seals of a scroll, releasing the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, war. X symbolising Jesus cross... X-Files alien invasion, ruling class hiding the truth, suggests creation god's day of rest return.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 22 December 2015 11:55:58 AM
Those many recognisable Apocalypse media series programs exampling: Under The Dome; The Last Ship; Sleepy Hollow, and many television: zombie Apocalypse; virus; asteroid Apocalypse/Armageddon, etc. movies are placing subconscious serious ideas into people's memories.

Eventually, similar to year 1999, people drawn to selective media, media spokes people will ask listeners to read last bible chapter St John's Revelations, in order to convince listeners to believe a planned periodic Apocalypse war is about to happen. The bible is often stated as forecasting the future, bible story creators are referred to as profits. As in 1999, the media will be stated as a replacement for the bible. Eventually listeners after hearing about the many death symbols in media: Apocalypse warnings, and many other stated secrets. Listeners will be invited to join the privileged few if after the war ends and listeners are still alive.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 22 December 2015 11:57:51 AM
SBS one television has recently presented many Sunday evening Jesus and a four part heresy “Inquisition” documentaries. Such well-presented documentaries are turning listeners into Christian religion knowledgeable experts. When listeners are informed of other alternative meaningful ideas, listeners will gain confidence in what they know, setting themselves up for a future confidence sting.

When the sting ends, the Jesus story trumped up heresy execution threats and assassination movie media are used to remind stung people not to inform anyone and not to tell authorities of the sting.

The financial advantage in knowing what's happening is that radio listeners will as in 1999, will be asked to sell personal property in a hurry, before share markets crash to very low levels, allowing selling of property difficult. Advertised properties can be picked up at low prices. That by being aware of the sting, readers may not be drawn into the sting.

My continued arguments suggests this same sell property cheaply in hurry was done in 1620, English Puritan pilgrims, reading James the First bible, moving to James Town, North America. People advertising a soon to come end of time Apocalypse war, were buying from escaping Puritans, cheap developed property. Religion is about Darwinism blame it on god trickery, not fair market prices for fair goods.

A note that “ass” in movie titles, ass is the first 3 letters in assassination. Movie “kick-ass”; “Bad ass” 1 and 2; radio informant will advise that first 3 letters in words have meanings. Dictionary: ass noun asses: 1 quadruped of horse family; 2 stupid person.

Government assassins mentioned in media stories: Persons of Interest; Burn Notice; Jason Bourne movie series; Human Target; Mr and Mrs Smith. Stories easily assumed by threatened people of keeping quiet and behaving themselves assassination threats.

As most people have to believe we live I a media exposing scandalous stories proven democracy, I must be wrong.

Merry X-mas everyone… and please don’t drink too much “XXXX” beer before driving motor vehicles.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 22 December 2015 12:02:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy