The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tony Abbott, if this is true you've lost me.

Tony Abbott, if this is true you've lost me.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Aiden;
And of course the EROEI measure ignores energy consumed.

To what energy consumed are you referring ?
At what point is it consumed ?
Are you referring to what goes out into the grid ?
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 19 July 2015 10:49:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is it not obvious from the context? I'm referring to the energy content of the fuel that gets burned to generate electricity.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 20 July 2015 1:59:00 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Doog........so lets get on with it, and get this country moving again.

What do you mean when you say moving again? Are you suggesting we hand the keys to that X union thug?

I recall the only movement from all labor governments since Bob has been backwards. Is this what you're suggesting?

As for your solar dream, do you honestly think the coal/ gas power generators are going to sit back and watch solar take a strong hold?

Runner, what is your preference for populating this nation, teenagers hitching up with dropkicks to produce more drop kicks, or encouraging working mums to have children knowing they can afford to return to work without being penalized?
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 20 July 2015 6:36:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aiden, I thought that was what you meant, but <1 is far lower that I
find feasible I wasn't sure that was what you meant.
If fossil fuels are so low, how have we been able to build the type
of industrial society we have.
The figures I have seen are 10 for oil and 30 for coal.
The figures for 1930 were 100 for oil and 80 for coal.

Given the rising costs of finding and developing new oil fields all
that seems to match up quite well with the current eroei of oil.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 20 July 2015 7:48:39 AM
Rechtub well you must admit the Abbott legacy is not just extremely large in $ terms, he has presided over an economy in stagnation. Consumer confidence is in the doldrums. All he has done is aided the Chinese to import all sorts of rubbish into AU.
A govt; run in secrecy at a cost we are not allowed to know about. An election fought on untruths which for the life of this parliament assured we do not progress. The election was fraudulent to aid the person it most advantaged.
If this was an experiment it has failed miserably, and at our expense. Abbott acknowledging that 60 % of debt to GDP would be ok, at the same time Hockey saying we are in a fiscal catastrophe and needs urgent fix.
I am afraid your Coal Gas generators will have no other choice than to accept that if they don,t get on the wagon they will be left behind, no matter how much money Abbott throws at them. It has gotta be crook when we have a govt; hell bent on saving a national essential service commodity from losing market share.
Your union thug, is what big business needs to toe the line, or else you have the rignhearts wanting to import cheap workers so they can have more billions. So you have to be careful of what you need in society to get the balance right. Too much one way or the other and no one goes anywhere.
We have already been through the work-choices debacle, and that is what happens when the balance tips to far to the right. You could say we are in a state of limbo until we have a fresh election to clear the air and get this nation moving again.
Posted by doog, Monday, 20 July 2015 9:31:44 AM
All I can say to you doog is dream on.

As for work choices, do you know anyone who was directly effected? And, if you do, were they good at their Job?

You see many forget that during the work choices era the country was literally booming and, if any employer took a big stick to a good worker, the worker simply went next door where their skills/efforts were appreciated and rewarded.

It's my suspicion that those most opposed to work choices were made up of two key groups , those who simply can't stay out of another persons business and poor workers, most of whom were very comfortable with the protection from their unfair dismissal laws that were designed to protect dinosaurs.

In fact, I'm not sure of your age, but if you're 50+ like me you will remember the boost business confidence received when Howard won in 96 and watered down these ridiculous laws. Personal confidence soon followed.

As for how we are going today, just imagine what great shape we would be in had the punters not taken the Kevin 07 gamble. A classic example of sucked in by media spin and union slush funded scare tactics.

Anyway, the punters now have what they deserve but unfortunately rather than take the blame, they are looking to lay blame elsewhere, as is typically the case.

It's a tough ask to leave a nation with ZERO DEBT, then reiherit it with hundreds of billions of debt, forward unfunded spending commitments and a mining sector that was severely scared off by Rudd and co.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 20 July 2015 7:46:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy