The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Domestic Violence, More of a Concern than Terrorism.

Domestic Violence, More of a Concern than Terrorism.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
I'm sorry Robert, of course you're right. Domestic Violence is not confined to males alone but females as well. In my experience DV perpetrated by males is generally far more physically violent than that occasioned by females ? Of course there's no one size suits all ?

In fact I've witnessed shocking physical injuries against a male victim (who was well known to police), but his wretched spouse (previously a DV victim herself) beat him half to death (whilst he was completely inebriated, and in bed) with a tomahawk, to a point she was charged with attempted murder. Speaking of which, she was ultimately convicted on one count of 'malicious wounding', and still didn't serve a single day in gaol ?

Robert, though I've witnessed, and been involved in many DV matters, I have no answers to the problem, neither would any other copper, if he or she were completely honest ? The worst (in my mind at least), is DV against a parent by a teenage sibling, I've seen some truly awful injuries, which defy one's imagination, to inflict such pain and fear on one's own mother ?
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 8 July 2015 9:18:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen you describe domestic violence; "Yep, very much a storm in a teacup generated as a weapon, rather than a major happening."
Based on your own limited experiences and personal bias against those "feminists". That would be like me saying cyclones are not a problem in Australia because I have lived here for over 60 years and never been subjected to a cyclone in my lifetime, cyclones are a beat up by a minority of wingers up north.

Beach wrong as usual. there was no such intention on my part at all. I was surprised that given the amount of attention "the war on terror" is given by both the politicians and the media such a high percentage of Australians believe domestic violence is as much, or more, of a threat in our society than terrorism. You simple represent a minority opinion from the extreme right. I suppose you are miffed that it was a male who started this thread and not one of our female posters, who you would have attacked as some lefty feminists fruit loop. that is your usual style.

o sung wu, you rightly point out DV is affecting all strata's of society. A good friend of ours, white middle class, 3 kids, living in a neat house in a neat suburb of Sydney. She put up with a violent husband for years, the black eyes, the bruisers, always making excuses for him. Sometimes she would blame herself, she provoked him. It took her a lot of courage to leave him, but she eventually did, and the kids hated their father.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 8 July 2015 9:51:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,

The Greens have nothing new or constructive to offer on domestic violence or terrorism. The Greens are just casting around for diversions and smokescreens.

Anything but talking about the continuing scandals affecting the CFMEU that the Greens are buddied up with, and competing with Labor for that union's affections and election funds.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 9 July 2015 1:41:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Beach, I fail to see the link between The Greens, the CFMEU and domestic violence, as a goosestepper from the ultra right you would favour a regime that outlawed all trade unions? Ho hum, nothing new there. You cleverly hide your own political affiliations on the forum, but your green paranoia is irrational. And how is Jim these days?

"And domestic violence rates among the ' gays' and indigeneous communities" Runner. you forgot to add the hypocrites from the "happy clappers." What is the relidious money grabbers doing on the score of domestic violence, encouraging it, telling husbands to "smite thee chattel (wife) if she do thee wrong!" That was the bible message given to one member from a church preacher! In other words give her a quick back hander if she continues to complain about the amount of money you give to the church (from personal experience), fortunately the fellow who was given this religious bit of nonsense eventually seen the light and ditched the money grabbers before they financially crucified him.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 9 July 2015 6:06:52 AM
Interesting point, Paul:

So what ARE the different rates of domestic violence and killings for:

* ladies from Vaucluse

* gays

* Aboriginal women in Redfern

* Aboriginal women in remote 'communities' ?

If you concede that there would be very different rates for each of those categories, and that it is very likely that those differences indicate different social situation, each requiring some sort of different response rom all political parties, including from the Greens, then what do you propose should be the Greens' practical measures to deal with the most extreme, urgent, glaring types of domestic violence across Australia, i.e. in remote Aboriginal 'communities' ?

Just asking :)

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 9 July 2015 9:59:13 AM
Paul1405, "I fail to see the link between The Greens, the CFMEU and domestic violence"

I fail to see your link between domestic violence and terrorism. Although I did my level best and succeeded in finding what you must have been referring to. See here,

http://tinyurl.com/nhmujhy

What I am saying is that:

- the Greens have nothing, nil, nada that is new or worthwhile to contribute to dpmestic violence or terrorism discussion. The Greens are highly predictable as political opportunists on both. *Bleep* stirring and no ideas; and,

- it is only to be expected that the Greens, especially the deceitful NSW 'Watermelon' Greens, would be finding any excuse to avoid the real issues that confront the Greens', such as the Greens and Labor's dependence on the scurrilous CFMEU for political donations.

As Julia Gillard said and she would have known having had the treacherous Greens as her unreliable, headline-hunting sidekicks, the Greens are just a protest party, nothing more.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 9 July 2015 10:47:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11