The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I married my first and then my second wife, purely to ensure my sexual rights?

I married my first and then my second wife, purely to ensure my sexual rights?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Aha, Breville CMP12 Café Cordfree Percolator, thanks Foxy.

Stainless, simple, you beaut! Target located and off to shop tomorrow.

Illy Espresso Caffé Machinato. Check :)

Have more than adequate supplies of Vandermint (she) and port for 'ron. Will make a chocolate mint tart (to die for - double cream and creme de menthe) to celebrate Perc's first evening home.

Too easy.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 2 September 2014 7:48:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, if coffee raises your blood pressure I don't know how you manage to survive the abuses sent your way on OLO. But I have noticed its a rare occasion your abusers get the last word ( - :
Posted by ConservativeHippie, Tuesday, 2 September 2014 8:18:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
(oh Gawd - forgive us o sung wu for talking coffee...just one more comment from me:)

Foxy,

Yup....I start the day off with a tea, then have a couple of percolated coffees.

Sometimes a cup in the avo.

Notably before adopting percolated, I'd sometimes get palpitations from the instant kind...haven't had instant coffee in years - and haven't had palpitations either.

otb,

I must admit a device that keeps it warm sounds good!
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 2 September 2014 8:47:36 PM
Foxy, I saw last night's Q&A as well and I actually thought Jane Caro finally put forward a 'dangerous thought' worthy of discussion and when you think about it, seeing the airwaves, it seems to be so! Probably not so much today. Women are 'given away' by their fathers in marriage and the idea is that within the marriage contract it is expected that the man brings home the bacon and provides security, the woman takes care of the home and the children and her man. Bear in mind that until very recently there was no concept that rape within marriage was possible, that implies a wife had to submit to her husband at his pleasure.

Her comments were in response to prostitution and the question was initially directed to a woman who is stridently against prostitution, not agreeing this could be a woman's own choice, but always exploitative. This is as presumptive to my mind as is the notion that all marriages are, or were, exploitative.

Seeing the chatter everywhere, especially from some men, she has hit on a raw nerve. How many men complain they are not getting 'enough sex' once married? Why do some men think they are actually entitled to sex from their wife?
Posted by yvonne, Tuesday, 2 September 2014 9:07:15 PM
yvonne, "Why do some men think they are actually entitled to sex from their wife?"

The wording and emotional loadings around the whole topic are somewhat open to misrepresentation but I'll press ahead in the hope that aspects of that are something which might be worthy of discussion.

Not sure if entitled is the correct word, perhaps reasonable expectation fits better. Within our culture marriage in most cases comes with the expectation/demand that it be monogamous. That in my view carries with it a responsibility to try and meet the other parties sexual needs (within sane boundaries). I'm not talking extremes but I do think the question you ask legitimately carries with it the corresponding question, why do some women think they are actually entitled to demand abstenance from their husbands?

There are answers to both that are about valuing the relationship, caring for the other etc but if either question is an issue then those answers are not really fitting the context.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 2 September 2014 9:44:24 PM
LOL, ridiculous old boilers trying to be shocking.

All last Millenium and already decades out of date by the end of it.

Circus clown Germaine Greer, with her make-up and clothing awry (her dotage), emerges occasionally from her comfy residence in the English countryside to stir the possum. However Greer hasn't been seen as shocking(!,LOL) for many, many years and is unrecognisable by most, certainly by the many thousands of migrants and the younger generations. That is plural, generations, Greer is older than God.

Anyhow, the job of shocker, such as it is, is Ms Greer's. Is there a taxidermist in the house?
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 2 September 2014 9:46:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy