The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Plain packaging....Labor boosts smoking rates!

Plain packaging....Labor boosts smoking rates!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24
  13. All
More:...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-06/anti-smoking-advocate-rejects-cigarette-sales-increase-report/5505210

"....Australian Council on Smoking and Health president Professor Mike Daube told ABC NewsRadio he believes the article, based on a report by industry monitor InfoView, is wrong.

"This is the typical approach taken by the tobacco industry. They leak a report to a friendly journalist, with a history of opposing what he describes as the 'nanny state', and then they put it on the front page and it gets some legs," he said.

"There are industry figures that show falls in tobacco sales and the chief executive of one of the biggest companies, Imperial Tobacco, in the half-yearly report for 2013, said that the markets had declined by 2 to 3 per cent since plain packaging came in.

"So, I think what you are seeing is a good, old-fashioned tobacco industry beat-up."
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 6 June 2014 2:43:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep, yet another LIE from the crazy old rightie Shadow Minister.

Shadow Minister, who religiously believes utterly *EVERYTHING* that the Australian, Alan Jones and Andrew Bolt says, has started a topic based on a LIE. Whereas the "facts" are the opposite of Shadow Minister's lie.

Imperial Tobacco, in it's half yearly report, said that the tobacco market has *DECLINED* by 2% to 3% since Labor's successful plain packaging was implemented.

Shadow Minister = LIAR, LIAR, LIAR.
Posted by Nhoj, Friday, 6 June 2014 3:07:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ROT/LINK..<<..Cigarette sales increase>>

HANF-ON.. we were just talking about,,*a decrease..so we have an other statistic

called by a hater<<..report a tobacco industry 'beat-up'>>

anyhow..the..<<..anti-smoking advocate says>>

please note/the slap/slap/slap
last postr..we wwere talking about/reduced..cubic-something

now we are talking/about a greenie anti smoker..saying

<<>.An anti-smoking advocate..has rejected claims..that smoking has increased..since the introduction of plain packaging.>>

hesaid/shesaid/he said..who said?
WHAT PROOFS OPINION?
I say donr means i say true[nor you]
nor he/whoever he be]

<<..The Australian newspaper has reported that sales figures show>>

saes fuhures under report/not over report
i know under the counter [no reciept]..my smokes are 'cheaper][off the books

rewgardless what do the books say?

<<..59 million more cigarettes..>>were bought since the introduction of world-first plain packaging in 2012.>>>

so what books said[what about the actual quote the link gheading noted>?

<<>>Australasian Association of Convenience Stores chief executive Jeff Rogut..>>

is this the expert rebuting[or him rebutted]
this guy must know..surely?

<<..told the newspaper the increase..>>is part of a trend to buy cheaper cigarettes more often.>>

remember criminals keep stuff off the books
but he has..ON THE BOOKS/read tax records..

more but cheaper
kittle wonder they ned tweet/out the other crapp links

keep em comming piper

<<..However,..Australian Council on Smoking and Health president Professor Mike Daube..told ABC NewsRadio he believes the article, based..on a report by industry monitor InfoView, is wrong.>>

of course you do
but your opinion/dont refute nuthin[fascts are facts.he has hisd in the tax record..under duty paid]

SEEMS it was ..<<>.Updated 8 minutes ago>>

look at the surrounding imagry[subliminal programing[like them gorror pictures]

picture/this..<<>.One example of the 'ugly' cigarette packet packaging unveiled by the Federal Government Photo: Australia introduced world-first plain cigarette packets in 2012. (Supplied)
Map: Australia>>

our tAX DOLLARS AT WORK?

MORE LIES PLEASE.
Posted by one under god, Friday, 6 June 2014 3:20:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nhob,

I didn't deliberately post something incorrect as you did, and I admitted when I made an error.

You deliberately falsified something and are still the greatest LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR on the site.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 6 June 2014 3:28:06 PM
So perhaps we can all agree that this was a tobacco industry beat up using cooked figures that a columnist bought without checking because it fitted his ideological agenda?

And leave this thread to OUG to spin conspiracy theories.
Posted by Agronomist, Friday, 6 June 2014 3:44:14 PM
Shadow Minister has yet *AGAIN* lied in his reply to me. What I posted was correct. The empirical facts, as shown in Poirot's link, are that Imperial Tobacco in it's half yearly report reported that the tobacco markets have declined by 2% to 3% since Labor's successful plain packaging laws were enacted.

That was their reporting on the overall industry decline in their half yearly report in 2013. In their half yearly report in 2014, Imperial tobacco has just reported that their losses in tobacco revenue continue *UNABATED*. Their total tobacco income is *DOWN* by 8%, revenue is down by 5%, operating profit is down by 17% and earnings per share is down by 39%.

These are the empirical, mathematical facts regarding the decline of tobacco sales since the plain packaging laws were introduced.
Posted by Nhoj, Friday, 6 June 2014 3:46:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24