The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Problems with the Budget

Problems with the Budget

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. All
Abbott is pushing AU into Americanism. It certainly will create another class of underprivileged. Force women into prostitution, and males into suicide. It is unrealistic to force people to go six months without dole. Supply needs to be blocked and force another election.
Abbott is now forcing the states to finish off the budget for him.
This is not AU. It is american tea party tactic's in line with Abbott's hidden agenda.
Posted by 579, Thursday, 22 May 2014 12:32:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A Fictious Fantasy - the Land of Oz - and the Wizard of Spin:

Once there was a punch drunk king who called forhis Chancellor - lets call him Noddy. He said to Noddy, "Noddy, I'm unhappy that Assistant Sticky Fingers was caught holding the man who was holding the man holding the cookie jar open. Do something about it?"

Noddy immediately went off and rounded up a couple of poor knaves and peasants, whipped the beejeezies out of them, stole all their money and returned to the High Priest of Libetarianism.

Note: Along with being the High Priest of Libertarianism, the King of One too Many Punches to the Head was also a 'rock star' of the luncheon circuit.

The King and the Chancellor had worked out a nice little 'side spinner', (completely legal and ethical), based on a lucrative little luncheon seminar, where the merchants of the local towns, paid for them both to prune and pluck their egos. God only knows what else went on in those exclusive affairs!

Anyway,

Noddy returned to the King, after giving the knaves and peasants a right royal flogging, and said,"your highness, your wish is my command, I have whipped the knaves and peasants and not only do I feel better, but, I also was able to get enough money from them to pay for our next merchants luncheon."

The King was after all a wise king and sly winked at Noddy and thanked him for his courage and tenacity.

The land of Oz continued on as if nothing strange or unusual had ever happened.

Even if it had, it did not really matter, because the land of the never never, was full of refugees from the land of Oz, that no one ever heard from again. They were, if you will, too busy simply trying to survive.

And, of course, if they caused any trouble in the land of Oz, the King had an agreement with the land of the never never - simply to ship them off their - never to be heard from again ...

Such is life.
Posted by Fallacious Reasoning, Thursday, 22 May 2014 12:55:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Snake – I reckon the article although it may be factual, it in itself is one sided. The money that pays for all the things we receive comes from productivity not the wealthy. It is a fact that the wealthy get a disproportionate share of this countries productive wealth and the majority of them produce none of it. While we have dairy farmers going broke and the supermarkets that sell their produce making a fortune it will forever be ground hog day.

Wobbles and 579 – It’s all very well to have a good whinge, describe the symptoms but you offer no treatment or cure?
Posted by Producer, Thursday, 22 May 2014 1:27:58 PM
trapdiocan,
I do not understand, I thought that the student did not have to pay
anything to the university until after graduation and they are
earning more than $50,000 a year, indexed.
Is this not correct ? If so I just cannot see how rich students are advantaged.

Well here we are now borrowing more money so that we can pay the interest on our borrowing !
If that is not an indicator for cut backs then we will never have one.
If we end up in default on our borrowings I guess China will take half of Queensland in lieu unless they press for all of it.

How does them apples grab you Ludwig ?
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 22 May 2014 2:28:15 PM
The chairman of a Sydney design college has insisted he had no part in awarding a prestigious scholarship to Frances Abbott, the daughter of Prime Minister Tony Abbott, but conceded he "probably" mentioned she would be a good candidate for it.

Les Taylor, a noted Liberal Party donor and long-time friend of Mr Abbott, is the chairman of the board of governors of the Whitehouse Institute of Design.

On Wednesday, he said he had no part in awarding a scholarship to Ms Abbott, worth a reported $60,000.

Rotten to the core,
Have you conceded there is no other way of putting the budget together.
It was done this way for Abbott's own agenda, which he told no one about. He is not interested in cutting the deficit like he told every one about.
The man is dangerous, and can't see any mistakes in what he has done.
That many lies told to the voters, i can't see his own party putting up with him. Their own backside is at stake.
Posted by 579, Thursday, 22 May 2014 3:02:58 PM
Hi Producer,

The article may very well be one sided. I was just trying to put the opposing view which should also be considered in this debate. It is not generally understood that there are a considerable number of people who make more than their fair share in contributions already and are now being asked for more. All sorts of assumptions are made about people that appear to be rich and love to flaunt their new cars and large houses which could be hocked to the hilt. I also know people who put some of their assets into the names of their children so they can get a higher marginal pension when they are a border-line case.
It's very easy to find all sorts of individual examples to amplify a case. As I said before, everyone has an objection when it affects them personally.

I am not quite sure what you mean when you say "The money that pays for all the things we receive comes from productivity not the wealthy" Are you saying the wealthy are not productive? How do you define "productive"? Are you referring to people like Nichole Kidman who make millions for a film, or the sports stars that also make fortunes on the sports field with endorsements and advertising ? I have to agree, these people never seem to get pilloried the way CEOs in industry do.

All I am trying to point out that it is so easy not to look at the big picture, but only the personal experience and how it affects you.

This is a great country and I am proud to live here and sometimes wonder about the past hard work and entrepreneurial effort that made it great. I just don't want to see this all disappear through an attitude of entitlements. I talk to people who say I've paid tax all my life and now I want some back in my old age. Well obviously we didn't pay enough in the past, or it's been wasted or demographics have changed to a point which is not sustainable.
Posted by snake, Thursday, 22 May 2014 4:14:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy