The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > We must eat organic food

We must eat organic food

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 12
  14. 13
  15. 14
  16. All
Is Mise,
What type of soap do you use?
Does it stop caterpillars on citrus?
Fruit fly on tomatoes
Posted by Josephus, Saturday, 10 May 2014 8:23:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have lived & worked with & know many more who live on isolated islands. Most live on local food grown or caught, 50 miles or more from the nearest other land.

Atoll people have fish, taro, coconuts, a little livestock, & some have imported rice. High island people have a wider range of foods, but both eat food grown isolated from any contamination. The perfect greenie set up, with fresh clean air, sea & food.

Unfortunately few of these people make it past 60. I guess that proves the fallacy of so called healthy living.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 10 May 2014 9:38:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Josephus,

The cheapest soap from Coles or Woolworths but I also practice companion planting, which seems to work.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 10 May 2014 11:20:58 PM
.....Rehctub, this topic is not about the labeling accuracy of either organic or non organic food.

Njoh, I beg to differ, because if you can't be 100% sure you're buying organic foods, then what's the point in insisting we must eat them.

Indi.....Imagine the changes in our society if we stop consuming hormone fed animals & other chemical enhanced food.

So right, it nice to dream but, unless it can become a reality, it's only ever goi g to be a dream.

I think this is another example of, if you wish to go organic yourself, and the have a trusted supply, go for it but it's like religion, it's there if anyone needs or wants it, but should not be forced upon is just because of ones one believes.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 11 May 2014 5:22:52 AM
How do you know its all organic? Many people just can't afford it.

It is true we are more concerned about what goes in our cars than our bodies. It is a very important issue.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 11 May 2014 9:49:58 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
With, so many opposed to the science of climate change, for what ever reason, when the evidence is overwhelming, but that is another 'john dory' and lets not go into that again.
As a firm believer in sustainability I think it is a unrealistic expectation that the world can support its present population of 7.3 billion, little own any future increase, with a projection of 9.3 billion by 2050. I mentioned climate change, which in itself presents the danger of diminishing food production throughout the world. Like the dog chasing its tail, the ever increasing reliance on such things as GM foods, chemicals, etc etc is doomed to failure as the world population explodes. Australia is one of the few countries that is genuinely a surplus producer of food. Us with our relatively small population, 23 million, and large agricultural area can do more to alleviate world hunger. Firstly Australia can assist with the present inequality of distribution and secondly increase our intake of migrants and work with other nations in world population control.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 11 May 2014 10:38:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...