The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Minister Morrison the Truth about Manus Island

Minister Morrison the Truth about Manus Island

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 30
  11. 31
  12. 32
  13. All
These so called refugees in the past have committed may instances of self harm with the aim of bringing pressure on Government to release them.

It is not beyond belief the whole incident was planned by some of them knowing full well that some would get injured during a mass escape and violent protests, this would them put pressure on the Government to abandon the off shore processing.

The local and police response to a mass escape was predictable as that i9s exactly what happened on Nauru a while ago. The only difference being on Nauru they do not have a lot of people with machetes.
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 20 February 2014 11:59:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Did I hear on the radio this morning that the UNHCR in Jakarta has reported a 70% drop in asylum seeker arrivals to Indonesia?
So much for push factors.
So who else finds this suspicious?
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/immigration-minister-scott-morrison-welcomes-investigation-after-department-reveals-asylum-seeker-details-20140219-3315i.html
There's two possibilities here, either the foreign insurgent group The Guardian Australia paid a sympathiser in the department to release the information in a hamfisted attempt at sabotage or the government is using this "inadvertent" leak to rid themselves of a political problem by sabotaging their own community detention program.
According to dissident lawyer Robert Manne this breach of privacy should result in automatic asylum for those whose details were relesed, how very convenient for the Abbott government who now have an opportunity to wash their hands of the ten thousand or so people on TPV's and go to the next election with a clean slate on border protection.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Thursday, 20 February 2014 12:00:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lets be honest and I include myself, we are becoming quite racist because of this issue.
But too, truth matters remember, because of our fear and concerns about for a start Muslim behavior once settled here.
We can,with justification, talk about having the right to say who comes here and how many.
If the world press, in particular the left leaning , look at us the facts could be raised and I think proven.
Yet Without doubt I want the boats stopped.

I see a solution in the Malaysian plan, think in all honesty it would work, and halve the costs.
And that a regional solution, involving most country,s in our area, is much harder for outsiders to judge us .
IF Tony Abbott wants a Howard like support base he only need tell us how much it has, and will cost to maintain our boarders.
And then tell us how much our Social Security system has paid , and for how long, to Muslim enclave dwellers.
The horrible truth would let us see just why normal Australians are thinking like we do, self defense is the reason.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 20 February 2014 1:11:57 PM
The Manus Island Detention Centre is an Australian facility. Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the people being held in that facility I question the actions of the Australian government, and by default Australians, in not providing the degree of humanity I would expect from my country.
In WWII Australian POW's held captive by the Japanese were treated with utter inhumanity, and I'm not suggesting that Australia is treating asylum seekers as per Japanese treatment of POW's, despite that shocking treatment of our own people, at the same time Japaneses POW's held by Australia were treated with a degree of dignity and humanity Australia can justly be proud.
I find the governments action deplorable and un-Australian on this issue so far, and they are bring Australia into disrepute.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/storystream/abbott-dismisses-calls-close-manus-detention-centre
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 20 February 2014 1:14:56 PM
Paul & company. My son has a misshapen skull. He got it because that idiot Hawke had one of his crybaby/bleeding heart moments & let in a heap of Lebanonese Muslims.

In some parts of Sydney these "Lebs" control the area, & all that happens in it. It is no go for the police.

Unfortunately these areas are expanding, as their rabbit like breeding increases their numbers. They are attacking innocent people in the areas bordering their ghettos. They are particularly good at attacking single targets, when they have odds of 4 to 1 or better. They like finding single ladies too.

My son was attacked by 4 of them who jumped out of a car & attacked him. He was seconds away from death or becoming a vegetable from the kicking, when some real human beings stopped & chased the vermin off. Repair took 4 operations & many months.

I really can't understand how any of you twits can't see what these people will do to our country. The evidence is plain in all western countries who have had them for longer periods than us. The old saying, "there are none so stupid as those who just don't want to see" applies as much today as in the past.

Once they are strong enough homosexuals & feminists will be eliminated, so they will fix the ABC problem, their main support, just in passing.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 20 February 2014 1:20:59 PM
It seems to me a sympathetic supporter of asylum seekers works within the immigration department has given open access to these files, knowing full well that they will all now have to be given asylum here.
Posted by Josephus, Thursday, 20 February 2014 1:23:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 30
  11. 31
  12. 32