The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Minister Morrison the Truth about Manus Island

Minister Morrison the Truth about Manus Island

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 30
  9. 31
  10. 32
  11. All
Paul,
I think that, so far, Minister Morrison is doing a terrific job and this riot simply demonstrates that the greedy, illegal shonks are acting like spoilt kids when they don't get what they demand.

This time the locals may just have taught them a lesson, so one died that is a bit unfortunate, now we have to put some effort into digging a hole to bury him. They cause us no end of inconvienience!

The previous government sent over 1100 to their deaths. Senator Hanson-young simply said Too bad, accidents happen!

Now is the time to get tougher and the message will get back to others and dissuade them from coming, and wasting their money.

8 weeks and no boat arrivals and less are arriving to Indonesia. That is the important aspect. Lets see if we can improve on that record
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 20 February 2014 8:40:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am not wise enough nor do I have the knowledge required to come up with a solution to this problem but I am sure there are people in Australia who could provide a far better solution than the currently politically motivated situation.
The less politicians have to do with it the better. Surely there are many better qualified who can resolve the situation without smirking political point scoring.
Right or wrong these refugees/illegal immigrants are people after all, maybe breaking the law but they should never be treated as political pawns.
SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Thursday, 20 February 2014 8:48:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How much is all this costing us our debt is rising at the rate of 288 million / 24 hours. But we are not allowed to know.
Posted by 579, Thursday, 20 February 2014 8:56:08 AM
one death under Liberals is more tragic than 1000 plus under Labour. That is the compassion of those who hate how incompetent and deceitful Labour has been made to look.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 20 February 2014 9:07:21 AM
At last you have written something with which I can agree.

Yes the whole detention apparatus is costing far too much.

We should reduce the facilities to the bare basics and the sooner all the boats are stopped from coming, the sooner the detention centres can be closed down
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 20 February 2014 9:29:48 AM
Don't forget that All the costs are the result of Rudd/Gillard folly. About time you admitted the previous Labor government was the most stupid and brainless ever.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 20 February 2014 9:41:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 30
  9. 31
  10. 32
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy