The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Organised Labor, Organised crime.

Organised Labor, Organised crime.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
cont'd ...

One commentator poses an interesting question:

"Why is the Coalition such an eager instigator of
Royal Commission witch-hunts?"

The given answer provides some insight -

"Such commissions represent a 'win-win' for conservative
governments keen to attack unions. There doesn't need to
be any wrong-doing for the labour movement to be
forced to divert time, money and organisational resources
into defending their unions, their volunteer delegates,
and their leaders. And such a distraction couldn't come
at a better time, with the Coalition planning to impose
an aggressive austerity program on working people, to
dismantle Medicare, and to resume their attack on worker's
rights (here's WorkChoices)."

"A wide and extensive inquiry might also deliver additional
benefits if it was to somehow cast doubts on the Federal
Labor Opposition through its union links."

We're told that -

"Every little bit of mud - true or not will be thrown."

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 2 February 2014 12:54:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy SM has a world of his own.
Let him have it and enjoy.
I have posted thousands of words demanding both the ALP and the Union movement get its act together.
I could post ten time ten that number telling why the best of both movements are Australia,s best hope.
I as most know post the challenge tell us about coalition government problems.
We see daily indeed hourly more storys about them that fail to flatter the whole party.
IF Labor did that the words would scream out loud.
It is unhealthy for the coalition that like its followers here muck and mud can be thrown at Labor.
But they bulk at finding fault within their own team.
Reinforcing my view Labor remains the only party to vote for, but needs to wash behind its ears now and again.
I unafraid of truth will continue to make sure they do.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 2 February 2014 1:01:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Abbott agenda on this is to do some political point scoring at a huge cost to the taxpayer. He and his government have no interest in the welfare of building industry workers. Because if they did they would be calling for a much broader inquire into the building industry in general. Inquiring into both the sleazy practices of unions and employers, with reference to the illegalities of developers and government. Here in NSW you have to question how come 98% of development gets the O'Farrell rubber stamp. I don't think things are much different in other conservative states like Newman Queensland. Grease the "right" palms and the blind eye will quickly be turned and the skys the limit, literally.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 2 February 2014 7:28:02 PM
Foxy,

Quoting articles from New Matilda and Independent Australia is a sign of desperation. Both are far left blogs consisting of polemic opinion pieces by activists or unionists that bear very little resemblance to reality. The "web article" (obviously you are ashamed to admit where it came from) is written by a long time union organiser and is unsurprisingly against scrutiny of union activities.

The cole commission was a relatively short commission (6 months) tasked not to investigate in detail specific instances, but primarily to investigate the wide scale nature of unlawful and intimidatory practices. The findings as I posted above clearly showed that the unions were out of control.

The ABCC very effectively put a stop to most of this thuggery, and its abolition saw the disgraceful union behaviour start up again. The reports in the ABC and Fairfax clearly show this, and voters are getting sick of this.

I suggest you read this article.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/alps-union-ties-under-fire-20140202-31vap.html
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 3 February 2014 5:03:40 AM
Strangely, SM how often you are predisposed to quoting from that bastion of unbiased journalism, ha ha, the Murdoch fish wrapper 'The Daily Telegraph'. Then you call it "desperation" when Foxy quotes from what you consider left wing. Can't have it both ways. Are you not a disciple of Piers Akerman?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 3 February 2014 6:27:14 AM
Fish rapper? Paul we use it out the back here.
Strangest headline in the history of this country,s press.
Yes hard to beat the NT paper but last Wednesdays diatribe/headline in to toilet roll press questioning the ABCs balance wins hands down!
Posted by Belly, Monday, 3 February 2014 7:08:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11