The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Creating a New (False) Religion

Creating a New (False) Religion

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
http://www.kingdomofjesuschrist.org/2/index.php

I've been monitoring this movement for some time, and now increasingly with concern.
It weaves in a LOT of sound Biblical teaching, in fact truckloads of it, but then.. the Pastor/Founder says this about himself:

"The revelation of SONSHIP started in the year 2003 when Pastor Apollo C. Quiboloy officially announced this revelation among the sons and daughters of God. He, being the residence of the Father on earth and heir of all things the Father entrusted to him not only His words, name, life, kingdom but also the lives of his enemies, the power to raise even the dead, riches, fame and power in the airwaves."

Notice the key points he claims for himself?

1/ "Residence of the FAther on earth"
2/ "Heir to all things entrusted..
a)Words
b)Name
c)Life
d)Kingdom
e)The LIVES of his enemies.
f)Power to raise the dead
g)RICHES
h)Fame,and power in the airwaves.

If this was some backwoods effort we might not concern ourselves, but it is becoming world wide.

I recommend a close study of his personal story and see how it parallels another false 'religious founder' in so many points.

This is also what he says about himself:

"Why do you need to accept that I am the first-born Son of God among the Gentiles? You need to accept it because it is the first-born Son, the eldest Son among the Gentiles, who will bear His life and preach to His brothers to enter into the Kingdom until they understand the will of the Living God in heaven. That is very, very important. Children of God, now is your chance. Philippines, this is your time. You have been chosen. You are the chosen nation of God. Davao City, you are the Water Center of the World . Tamayong, you are the seat of God’s spiritual governance on earth!"

THIS is most interesting. His "calling" sounds similar to 'another' founder of a major world religion who began in a cave and thought he was going mad.
http://www.kingdomofjesuschrist.org/2/kd/completion/4/the-proving-of-the-fathers-call-in-kitbog.html
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 13 May 2007 8:16:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Seems perfectly normal to me.

Some guy thinks he is in sole possession of "the truth", and spends his entire waking life telling everyone else where they are going wrong.

And then there's this guy Pastor Apollo C. Quiboloy...

But seriously Boaz, can't you tell a spoof when you see one? Do you really believe everything you find on the Internet? Just because some sad sack decides to call himself the Son doesn't mean that he deserves anything more than your pity.

If I were not such a charitable person, who naturally thinks the best of people and their motives, I would be tempted to believe that the only reason you posted this tripe was to enable you to make even more snide remarks, directed at Islam...

>>I recommend a close study of his personal story and see how it parallels another false 'religious founder' in so many points<<

Wow, and who can that possibly be, Boaz? Surely you don't mean...

>>THIS is most interesting. His "calling" sounds similar to 'another' founder of a major world religion who began in a cave and thought he was going mad<<

Golly, Boaz, you don't mean who I think you mean, do you?

Well, I'm shocked. Shocked to find anti-Islam sentiments in one of your posts.

(With apologies to Captain Renault)
Posted by Pericles, Sunday, 13 May 2007 11:30:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Now you know how the Romans felt.
Posted by Bugsy, Monday, 14 May 2007 12:28:41 AM
Pericles
this is not a spoof, this bloke is for real, and is a danger to people.
Its a thinly disguised exercise in megalomania.

I draw parallels to Islams founder because they are both dangerous.

One (Quiloboy) says mostly good things, but includes a little sneaky curved ball suggesting that one of his 'rights' is RICHES. If that does not make the alarm bells sound nothing will.

I've raised the alarm over Islam sufficiently so as not to need to repeat it here. (this time)

One could draw contrasts and similarities between Jesus, Mohammad and Quilaboy

Similarities.

-Wildnerness experience leading to 'enlightenment' (though in Jesus case it was not 'leading' to, but confirming his Sonship)
-A sense of mission.

Differences.

Jesus did not act for his own benefit either materially, sexually or politically.
Quilaboy and Mohammad did/do. (not much information about Quilaboy and sex, but watch that space)

Quilaboy is working among Philipino's in other countries and this could impact Australians.

Watching him, and the growth of his power and influence, is an interesting exercise in itself.

Key point.

-The greater his power, the less his errors seem important.

This lesson should not be lost on us. Whether it be the likes of Benny Hinn, Peter Popoff, Oral Roberts, or even Hillsong should their be errors in them.

Bugsy.. indeed.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 14 May 2007 6:33:22 AM
America is not the only country in the world continuing mans habit of manufacturing Gods.
It is however the home of the maddest ones.
I include cargo cults and some truly primitive ones.
We would do far better asking ourselves why we create a need for them.
No matter how mad and even evil some are we give tax benefits and much more to them but at most 10% of us who claim to believe in the Christian God go to church.
A better world awaits if we learn man is able to stand alone.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 14 May 2007 6:49:15 AM
Pericles, well written.

BD, "I've raised the alarm over Islam sufficiently so as not to need to repeat it here. (this time)"

Who were you refering to in the original post then? I'd assumed that you were talking about one of your favourite bashing subjects (next to make it as you go). Or were those warnings gratituous rather than needed?

"I recommend a close study of his personal story and see how it parallels another false 'religious founder' in so many points."

"THIS is most interesting. His "calling" sounds similar to 'another' founder of a major world religion who began in a cave and thought he was going mad."

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 14 May 2007 9:16:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy