The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Creating a New (False) Religion

Creating a New (False) Religion

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Boaz, here's a little secret.

Promise you won't tell?

OK then.

Pastor Apollo C. Quiboloy, in all likelihood, is a fraud in exactly the same way as those noisy American evangelists you see pop up every so often. He has a following of really slow people, who are sucked in by a combination of guilt and stupidity.

His chosen vehicle is the Christian religion, and I'm sure that if you lived in the Philippines, and wanted to make money out of a bunch of religious mugs, you would choose Christianity too.

One thing it is NOT, is a new religion, as you assert in your opening post.

It is a huckster making a buck out of an old religion, from the people within it who ask just a few too few questions.

Sadly, this is one of the drawbacks, of any religion, in that it desensitizes people to the simple realities of the world in which they live. They are too trustworthy of people who claim to be more religious than themselves (that's the guilt bit), and too dumb to realize they are being taken for a ride.

Or should I say, more of a ride than usual.

Have a great day
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 14 May 2007 10:00:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles, its not a secret, I add my ditto to what you said about that.

I say its a 'new' religion' because it sure is not Christianity. It does make use of it, just as Islam does, but Islam is not Christianity.

Yes, he is a fraud, but the worrisome thing is that many of his followers appear NOT to be dull of intellect nor poor. No, he is attracting the attention of seriously heavy duty politicians, and as I mentioned has had presidential visits.

There is a clear lesson in all this- personality cults are recognizable as frauds (just like some of the US Televangelists)by their self indulgent fruit.

That 'fruit' is personal advantage, the gaining of power and wealth and usually involves sexual advantage at some stage.

I sound a warning that ALL such people should be avoided, and that includes the religion of Mohammad, Mararaj Ji for the very same reason. http://www.ex-premie.org/papers/whoisgmj.htm

The only religious identity who I cannot include in that 'false religion' category is Buddhism. The "fruit" is not the same.
But Buddhism (true buddhism) is not a 'religion' it is a science they will tell you. My only gripes with Buddhism is that it seeks the enlightenment and victory over the flesh that can only be found in Christ, but without Christ. Also, it does not address the issue of sin, forgiveness and eternity. It solves all those issues with 'karma'... which of course leads us back to 'Is it sound and true'? But thats another issue

Bahai's are similar to Islam in building a parallel state within states. From their web site:

"A person becomes a Bahá’í by recognizing Bahá’u’lláh as the Messenger of God for this age and accepting to follow His laws and teachings and the administrative institutions"

So, again, it gets back to earthly power.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 14 May 2007 10:41:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Off with his head, send him to the lions, deliver us from the scourge of boaz,that shining example of christian recitude, compassion and forgiveness, that wonderous lover of all mankind.
But please make it quick so we don't have to read more of his crap.
Posted by alanpoi, Monday, 14 May 2007 11:36:38 AM
Maybe you could go over to his place with a sign in your back pocket? That'll show him.
Posted by Bugsy, Monday, 14 May 2007 12:13:55 PM
HA HA bugsy
It could say "jesus saves bank comonwealth"
Imagine boaz as modern day crusader with his sign, wearing a white tshirt with a big red cross, cargo shorts with the pockets full of bibles, thongs with fish painted on them, a bandana around his head with "for jesus" printed on it, a cross in one hand and a swiss army knife in the other screaming "jesus loves me" as he storms the ramparts.
RATFFLMFAO
Posted by alanpoi, Monday, 14 May 2007 12:41:26 PM
Alan and Bugsy

having a bit of a 'mock' at me is cool... no biggy. Pity you don't have anything to offer to people yourselves except MIUAUG. But you know, you should consider the response of my usual target to such antics.
Which is of course the very reason I target them. By all means hold me up to scorn.. nothing physical is going to happen to you. (from me)

I'm highlighting in this thread, the beginning of a religion which will quite likely gain a significant following. I draw your attention to the parallels with Mohammad's "cave experience" and his self doubt, which this so called pastor also experienced. (Though not in a cave).

Here is what Quranic Muslims say about 'mocking' the prophet or..insulting Islam.

Al Ghurabaa'UK

"The insulting of the Messenger Muhammad (saw) is something that the Muslims cannot and will not tolerate and the punishment in Islam for the one who does so is death. This is the sunnah of the prophet and the verdict of Islam upon such people, one that any Muslim is able [to]execute"

Now.. Quiboloy might not be as fervent as this, but he will be milking his flock and gaining power. The more power, the greater the following.. the more likely he will seek 'creative' solutions to his enemies. After all.. he considers himself 'Son of God' appointed for this time.
These are not small claims, they are equivalent to those of Mohammad.

You may consider such observations as fodder to 'make sport', well.. thats ok. Each 2 his own after all, its about choice.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 14 May 2007 3:10:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy