The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Avoiding catastrophe will we do it?

Avoiding catastrophe will we do it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
Dear Paul,

Now here's the difference: believing in Noah's Ark doesn't hurt!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 1 January 2014 8:10:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
you prove my point well Paul.

Susie

actually it will be fire (true global warming) next time.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 1 January 2014 8:19:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu, "Now here's the difference: believing in Noah's Ark doesn't hurt!" Some would argue that point. Filling a persons head with biblical nonsense and having them believe such to be true makes them susceptible to believing a whole litany of other lies, as is the case with the Catholic Church and religions in general. The criminal organisation that is the Catholic Church has been extremely successful at brain washing of its followers into believing its teachings to be the (God's) truth, on a whole range of moral and social issues, when in fact, these criminals motivation is the subjugation of gullible people.
An analogy would be, having a child believe the Bogeyman is real, and then using the myth to make the child compliant. Sorry Runner since you believe in Noah's Ark you probably believe in the Bogeyman as well, sorry to shatter the delusion.

Runner, I'll take it you are one of the truly gullible.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 2 January 2014 6:56:31 AM
Yuyutsu
I am interested to know what might happen to this planet in the future.

SPQR
Over very long periods of time the natural disasters I have mentioned are as close to certain as makes no difference, but we do have an escape option. It is clear to me that we can escape the long term natural disasters, but are we smart enough to avoid our own misdeeds. It is only by the use of science and technology that I see any hope for intelligent life surviving.

Runner
According to the bible God promised not to try and wipe out all people ever again (probably due to pressure from the greenies about the risk to the yellow bellied parrot).

Suseonline
It looks like you are safe from spending seven and half months in a leaky smelly boat with Runner.

Paul1405
I put science a long way ahead of myth but nevertheless I see genuine Christian principles as a very big positive.

I cant help noticing how short term peoples thinking is, and just how little regard is taken by the majority in the findings of science. I find it almost beyond comprehension that any government would not appoint a minister for science.

I wish all on this site all the best for the coming year.

PS does anyone know where I can find a good hard hat, thermometer and a Geiger counter ?
Posted by warmair, Thursday, 2 January 2014 9:24:58 AM
SPQR said;
"We at the UN have a dire situation on our hands.
Calathumpia's soil is depleted, its cities overpopulated etc etc we need to relocate most of them elsewhere."

Well there is no need to pick a fictitious country just consider Egypt.
83 million people living on a river that can support about 40 million.
From the beginning of the 20th century their population increased from
about 40 million and the food for the excess people was provided by
subsidising food and energy by means of the export income from tourism
and oil exports.

Egypt's oil production peaked in 1999 and has declined so much that
they have reduced subsidies on food and fuel. This what started the
food riots which led to the overthrow of Mumbaric.
The IMF is trying to get Egypt organised financially but the
government has cut back as much as possible and it is currently
living on charity from the Gulf countries.

The only solution, which is the elephant in the room that no one wants
to see, is to either starve 40 million people or export 40 million
people. How many million will Australia be asked to take ?
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 2 January 2014 10:39:54 AM
We have to remember that at this stage there is much hype on the “proposed” UCFCCC mandate relating to “Adaption to Climate Change” and the much watered down “compensation” clauses.

The bottom line is that there is currently NO Kyoto for anyone to sign, regardless of how many nations hold out their begging bowls.

A draft of the Kyoto replacement is expected by 2015 for implementation in 2020 however, the developed nations have refused to sign up unless the biggest emitters sign up for binding targets. Since China and India amended clause 2b to “exempt” the biggest emitters from binding targets, it is hard to see anything being agreed.

Australia has also echoed the following statement from the British.

“Ed Davey, the Energy and Climate Change Secretary, said while countries such as the Philippines could expect help adapting to climate change, they would not get compensation for their losses. Speaking at the annual UN Framework Convention on Climate Change in Warsaw, he said: “We don’t accept the argument on compensation. We never have and we are not intending to start now.” A British official said that it would be impossible to calculate how much storm damage was caused by man-made climate change, even if one accepted that there was a link. --Ben Webster, The Times, 21 November 2013”
Posted by spindoc, Thursday, 2 January 2014 12:47:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All