The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > If you could excel at one sport, what would it be ?

If you could excel at one sport, what would it be ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
Continued.

It was the same with the stallion. During the cattle breeding phase, we were minding some brood mares for friends who had sold their property, while they looked for a larger one. He was a colt at foot of one of their mares.

For some reason he took to following me around whenever I was in or even near that paddock. When the daughter who did the horse breeding had an accident it changed their plans.

They were going to geld the colts, & sell the lot. One thing led to another. I had no use for a stallion, but he had become such a mate, I bought him, & kept him entire. I really had no idea of why I bought him, except we liked each other.

I had broken him, & done some light jump training & flat work with him when my daughter decided she wanted him. He was 6 & ready for serious training, & she was 11, & boy were they a match. He would do anything she asked, & she was good enough to set him up perfectly to do what she asked.

He hasn't been ridden now for years, but no matter where he is, he always comes when called. Now if only I could get the dogs to do that.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 21 December 2013 10:33:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
if only dogs could do....that...oh dear[im awake now cause of the dog]
not..the little black/one..that usually wakes me with..its yapping.. but..the big golden one..[i 'fixed'..the little one yesterday]

[and she..is too big[for the washing/machine]..huh?

yet yesterday..i did the unthinkable..see the little one..gets spooked..easy..barks [yaps]..at the slightest reason..[the other onnes even set him-up..knowing if he barks..someone will come.

weell sadly..yesterday..i..had had enough..he barked..outside..he barked inside..you know them annoying..short sharp expectant yips
so i put him into...the washing machine..i thought a bit of real stress..would teach..him the difference.

that didnt work..so i 'thought'..ok put some pressure on..so dropped on top of..him..the dog blanket..closed the lid..went..outside..and sure enough..he started again..so i grabbed a glass of water..and created a wet dog..and sat.

it took around an/other minute..and i heard a single yap..i felt my heard mind[anger beast rise up..within..me..but as a stepped up..on the squeaky step..i heard the voice saying..he is expecting..you to come..so stopped dead...silence..so i stepped back..the squeak..silence..

so sat down..and enjoyed the blessed silence..anyhow that lasted all of 8 minutes..and i thought..oh/no..what if i killed the little yapper
so i returned to/the scene of the crime..and there was the little half wet blackdog looking up..at me..i hugged that little blackdog..and thought..let him bark all he likes.

and he hasnt barked since.
[ohok wheni got them exited..playing with him..later twice
but he dont bark at nighlyshadows..of the night..no more

now the gold one barks
she is too big for the washing machine
as she is the size of a pony..maybe horse whispering?

john lennons bagism comes to mind
but i notice..the more one dog barks..the less..the rest do

she just .started again..
[how do you fit a pony..into a washing machine?]
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 22 December 2013 4:06:11 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
i..know..how a hammer..is used..proper way
but in watching the movie geordie..[about a guy that threw the hammer]

in the scene just ended..he was show the right way
[to throw a hammer..you push it up..on the left..and pull down..on the right..momentum..plus gravity..working in..yin yang]

the secret being to begin..with..the strong firm..hard back swing
then push..at the right time[compensating..for the mo-mentum..in part/by pulling it down..*hard..[but having faith..in where you stand]..then resisting the moment-[um]..and push..up with all your might..then regain..your footing as you let the hammer throw itself

i have thrown..the hammer..
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6152&page=0
or rather the teaching..of the hammer..[to/the hammers]
now we need to help build the moment..[um]..together we can/will/do ANY*thing.

ahhh men?

oh my teaching is back

good luck&good try..now the words..[offer]..needs be noticed..by the watchers..how to affect a hammer in motion..[e motion?]

oh now i see why the gold..dog was yapping
i have some bridges..to mend..

ohhh men..we all..have feet of clay.
i still await..'the sign'..

[gorgie has just won the cup/and a sweet wet kiss
oh dont we all wish..it could simply be..like the movies[i got some really great ones..[20 years of em]..the best of the free to air best..[taped over..the worse of the worse.life line threw out.]..

lol..cupboards full
oh no..they want him to achieve for them
i watch

the watcher awaits his sign*
join..the olympics games team..no
let the kids get that as a reward..for..performng

sport is key it seems..we teach you right..then show YOU the world
[as long as your grades are up[and not by/some..'ADVISER'..doing it 'for;..you]

what will..'geordie' do?
do as he is told..or rebel?
if you know..do tell?
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 22 December 2013 7:41:19 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen you have added much to the thread and I found it interesting.
My life was in the end not a planned one.
Like yours I drifted in and out of jobs as things changed.
Once ran a small business with 5 workers and left that, it made money but I have always thought if you love your job you have life worked out.
That did not remain the case in that small but profitable endeavor.
No regrets in fact would do it all over again.
And interesting side issue my sporting past and need to put in at work gave me reserves to fight illness.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 22 December 2013 10:23:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
G'day BELLY & HASBEEN...

BELLY...you say your life has not turned out quite as you've planned ? I dunno mate, from the little I've picked up about you, over the last couple of years - seems you've packed-in a helluva lot of stuff with your many work experiences on country hwys, together with your vast occupational experiences supervising pretty hardened men. And THAT'S NOT EASY ! Not discounting many of your sporting achievements either. And probably the most challenging of all, defeating some of your more intractable illnesses ! Belly, you and I are of similar age I reckon (70's) you've 'crammed' many many, fascinating and gripping events into your short time here, on terra firma !

Chronologically, you, me and HASBEEN, as well as many other participants on this Site (probably), are all 'birds of similar plumage' old man ?

HASBEEN...I'm not in the habit of dissecting ones occupational antecedents but; as you'd not been able to land on a carrier due to a medical impairment of your back, did you not consider for a moment continuing to pursue a flying career without such tough physical determinations ? Even reaching, 'landing on a carrier' stage, your flying ability would've been quite advanced ? Or was it a case of Naval Aviation, or nothing ? That I could understand HASBEEN.
Posted by o sung wu, Sunday, 22 December 2013 1:40:17 PM
I did look at airline flying o sung wu, but was told to forget it. Ansett reckoned an airline could not afford to employ a pilot who had been passed as not fit for flying, even if it was only carrier landings that I was unfit for.

All there was left back then was crop dusting, which did not appeal at all. It did take a couple of years for me to stop looking up every time I heard an aircraft overhead.

I always figured you'd knocked about a but Belly, & had an interesting life because of it. I'd say a large percentage of us ended up where we did by pure chance. I rather like it being that way. Wouldn't it be dreadful to put all the time study & effort into becoming a doctor, finding you hated it, but owed so much you had to keep at it.

When you lead lives like ours, you don't end up rich in money, but it is a hell of a ride, well worth experiencing.

It works both ways. I have a mate who started out laboring in a council concrete road/curbing gang. He ended up one of the biggest concrete contractors in Oz. He could buy & sell half of Sydney, but remained true to his first love, Home built motorcycle engined small hill climb car He proved you don't have to chop & change to have a fun life, but some of us don't get to chose.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 22 December 2013 2:22:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All