The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The value of women

The value of women

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
<There has long been a cultural double standard that expected women to be sexually circumspect while excusing male immorality. The unfairness of such a double standard is obvious, and it has been justifiably criticized and rejected. In that rejection, one would have hoped that men would rise to the higher, single standard, but just the opposite has occurred—women and girls are now encouraged to be as promiscuous as the double standard expected men to be.>

I understand and agree with this bit completely. Sadly to create equality I feel as though women have lowered their moral standards. I grew up in a church that I could see preaching something like this, women were encouraged to be modest, patient and caring, but so where the men. Everyone was equal because the men where expected to be modest, caring and patient as well. No women was ever discouraged from achieving what ever she wished too, or from speaking her mind, but we were taught to do so in the correct way, as were the men.
I really wish that instead of women loosing what I believe to be good morals, to be equal that men had gained them. Instead, any man with manners is accused of been sexist and any female with modestly is a prude. Its sad.
Posted by Bec_young mum of 2, Monday, 28 October 2013 9:28:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
eg..take this quote..<<..The hardest thing..I find about sharing anything..about my views,..
especially online..[when we can all hide behind computers]..and can avoid looking..at each others faces is:..>>

myguiodes tell..me..this is a huge key
[see the role of the light[that sustain..mother nature..her fertility]

is as like how a loving husband..gently radiates his loving look at his..'wife'/confidant..lover and mother..to all his imaginative creations/foibles]

see the sun..radiates..the husbands loving life force
and the mother nurture[nature]=wife

we see the love..as each serves out their fertile union
[onthe other gay topic..i would add..

where the use..of two/suns[husbands]
better one sun..plus many planets..[fertile/fruitful-wifes]
some closer..to..their 'man'..other more distant..each will/have
the nurture/nature marriaged/relation-role..

according to..their relative[wifely].
matriarchal-hierarchical-positions..

with*..[in conjunction]..with..
their son/of man..[husband-sun]..[like pluto]..or venus..or uranus

ok..for brevity..not content
where the logic..of two husbands..suns../.but to burn..out..the poor one planet[wife]..

two suns[husbands].[hush-banned]..must eventually..yield their fruits..and burn..the lessor..or tear each other apart
so much for..matters of the he-art.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=15542&page=0

research..will reveal
Posted by one under god, Monday, 28 October 2013 9:37:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Random Guy, I am sorry if you think I was having a go at your faith, but it was more about the attitude to women.
I really am interested in what brand of religion you practice?

Women should not be measured only by their ability to reproduce.
Sure, it is a unique ability for women to be pregnant, and it is wonderful to be able to have children, but we wouldn't be able to without a male's contribution!

If one concentrates on this aspect of women though, then infertility is seen as a failure.
Or those who choose not to have children are frowned upon.
I would imagine contraception would also be banned?

The 'rules' that religion and society originally forced on women, such as dressing in a certain way, or not being able to use contraception or have abortions, was man's way of keeping the little woman 'under control', and to himself.

We don't want to go back to those days,,,sorry.
Can't religions be followed without all that archaic rubbish?
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 28 October 2013 10:11:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bec_young mum of 2, "Instead, any man with manners is accused of been sexist and any female with modestly is a prude. Its sad"

That stuff is popular is some quarters, but generally speaking, avoiding those sections of papers, turning off the TV and not letting toxic whingers into your life, will rid you of most of them.

Most people are still the good, solid, respectable citizens they always were. There are groups that focus on practical things like crafts, or children, where good people congregate.

Our 4X4 club, volunteering and practical interests have always rewarded my wife and I with an abundance of really nice people who help one another out as well. We give any with 'attitude' and a hobby-horse to ride, the big swerve, as others do, and voila, you are always surrounded with kind and generous people who are focussed on the practical things and enjoying life.

Watch A Current Affair or read some of those ratbag columnists and it is inevitable that you come away feel dreadful.
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 28 October 2013 10:26:06 AM
suse..[is it possible..to present a stimuli
that a man..is like as the..sun..and a wife=like the..fertile mother earth?

ps reply to becca..is here

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6040#175151

suze/quote..<<..Women..>>

planets..<<..should not-be measured..only
by their ability..to reproduce...>>AND sustain/nurture..life successfully..

<<..Sure,..it is a unique ability..for women to be pregnant,>>

think..bigger..YOUR GIFT..is the
very creation..of life..a thing..only achieved.,.by god and mothers

<<..and it is wonderful..to be able to/have children,>>

how much greater..to..mother a whole planet
created..of love ..and infinite;'uses'..via..her earthy loins

nurture not only life..but life evolution..
into..wanting to gift..the same..as was gifted..upon..them
upon..their own creations..

<<..but we wouldn't/be able t.. without a male's contribution!..>>

the man..inme says..this is wrong
[so..many..mothers sadly..do too much alone]

but on the planetary side of it i see the husband [sun]
or rather the fathers energies light]..as vital
so much depends..on..the specifics

[spirit=true/loving good merciful]
materially..just trying to survive..the day..today routine..tedium/loneliness..

<<..If one concentrates..on this aspect..of women..though,
then infertility..is seen as..a failure...>>

again..up-size..the context
[is mars..a failure..or a glory..finalized..
[ie the kids are now parenting,..returning their life gifts,,mANYFOLD

thankyou..good wife..mars..well done

<<have we../Or those..who choose
not to have..children are frowned upon.
I would imagine contraception would also be banned?>>

universally?
facts arnt inyet

personally..what is a gift hoarded..
better the life-gift shared

BUT..what..if..the..material-infertility..
inspires..greater drive to position..the right circum-solar..orbit..more/wisely..that..you become..as our mother eve[ear--th]

and thus..thy husband..became a sun
loving his earthy/fertile mother-nature..as much..loving..her creations..nurtured..of the mind..created of the heart-loves..

[our kids..the lot..of em]
think-big
Posted by one under god, Monday, 28 October 2013 10:44:06 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OTB,

Good one.
Gotta agree with that.

SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Monday, 28 October 2013 11:33:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy