The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Nope, there's nothing left. You bore me to tears.

Nope, there's nothing left. You bore me to tears.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
Trevor

In the spirit of reconciliation, some friendly advice. You really don't need to go through all those poor taste gags about penis sizes and gorillas.If you crave attention so much just come out and say "Hey chaps I need attention".

Think of how much time it would save you not having to contrive those very unfunny lines.

How about it?
Posted by KarlX, Saturday, 19 October 2013 10:09:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>>You really don't need to go through all those poor taste gags<<

[Deleted as offensive.]

>>If you crave attention so much just come out and say "Hey chaps I need attention".<<

So why don't you do that instead of trying instead of trying to convince people of the dubious proposition that we all share the same sense of humour?

>>Think of how much time it would save you not having to contrive those very unfunny lines.<<

Very unfunny? Trev is hands down the funniest contributor to this forum. Without him it would be sadder, bleaker, greyer place. He's like a Patronus charm, keeping the dementors at bay.

I'm going to hazard a guess that you don't like Monty Python but you think that Two and a Half Men is the funniest show ever.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Saturday, 19 October 2013 7:41:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tony

"instead of trying to convince people of the dubious proposition that we all share the same sense of humour?"
I am doing no such thing. All I am trying to do is hold the forum to its own standards.It was my view that some of the posts on this thread were outside those standards.And it seems the adjudicator agrees with me.

"I'm going to hazard a guess that you don't like Monty Python
Nope. I am a huge fan of MP. I just don't like poor imitations of MP.

I think there might be more to you and "Trev" than first meets the eye
Posted by KarlX, Sunday, 20 October 2013 7:37:34 AM
KarlX,

Have you any commentary regarding the degree of boredom engendered on OLO?

Or are you only interested in perpetuating it?
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 20 October 2013 9:40:32 AM
What I dislike is the sniping and the derogatory comments about a poster's sincerity or integrity - rather than appropriately addressing the issue and the substance. I also dislike the constant criticism based on nothing more than a biased viewpoint, without any attempt to provide reasoned argument or factual refutation, which then makes a mockery of any use of the term 'discussion', for it is replaced simply by argument for its own sake - or to rattle someone else's cage.

How often someone takes a point, a line or a statement from a post, and then, often quite out of context, takes this to task, again with no regard for relevance to the overall issue or discussion.

It's fine to make jokes or to make light when due, but quite out of place for its own sake.

OTB,

Please quit your verbal stouch with Poirot, and quit referring to her as 'Dear old ...' etc. It's tired, ungracious and highly disrespectful, and really has no place in reasoned and thoughtful communication. (And it merely makes a fool of yourself.)

It's hard to tolerate some of the stupidity gaining traction on this forum of late, and quite honestly I don't blame Houellie for chucking in the towel. (Though his contributions will be missed.)
Why any serious posters persist while such poor antics continue is testament perhaps to their optimism that something may yet be gained amongst the chaff.
If this forum is to be worthwhile we need more positive consideration of other's views, and not merely poking fun or ill-considered snipes.
Humour has its place, but not solely at someone else's expense or simply for the sake of it.
I am sure most of us have better things to do with our time; and maybe another forum may be only answer if some things don't change. (Much as I would miss it; but any record becomes boring the upteenth time around.)

Are we all just getting bored? (Or just too tired to think.)
Posted by Saltpetre, Sunday, 20 October 2013 7:29:12 PM
salty..makes..some/excellent-points
irrefutably..sensibility..[i feel i..said much/the same..
in reply..to..lexie..saying..much..the same..my last post[..@..grey,mans..new forum topic]

so..we are all..on the same page
but heck..i done it too..if you cant defeat..the logic..all..thats..left is resentment..[name calling]

it shows..the point wasnt refutable..
by the poster..now upset..needing some face-saving..gesture
reply..not leaving the point un-rebuted..[and sadly..name calling..[or worse some long-winded obscure-link]..only proves we got nuthin

<<..Are we all just getting bored?>>

of course thatsa factor..ilong ago..gave up..trying tosave the world
realising..it cant change..thart even wrong reason..thart yet achieve a better resulkt..is better than no result..[but camping on some mine site..in..the middle of now-here..is a waste of time/effort

ifound icopuld be more affective,,online

sofor most affecvt..for leat effort[online wins]
but oif you..only got belief..not fact..name calling..is all you got/left

[not you..personally..but generally

<<>. (Or just too tired to think.)..

thats my biggest fear..if i..stop-thinking
can..i..think..enough..to get..'it' going again..
so..if i..stopped..trying to be unthinking,,[but..can be thoughtless]

thats why..i rekon..we need mods
to-be the neutral-umpire..to..access..the proof..[backup..the validity..of a given..point[or better to have others vote it believable..[proved]...or not..[ie present other proof..or..its noted you havnt?

or at least a giff..
that says [citation/needed]

maybe edited into..the actual..post
or a check..again..giff..for false notice..[all..recorded..on the thread]

but then again..keeping..it simple
name calling..weakens..any ancillary..proof...that may follow.

full-stop
name calling..mean..i..cede
i cant refute..so..your a ....

meaning..you..win
plus..[everyone..not overly/biased/one eyed..knows it]
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 20 October 2013 9:05:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All