The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Nope, there's nothing left. You bore me to tears.

Nope, there's nothing left. You bore me to tears.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. All
Don't take it personally, but with few exceptions, Trev;-) you all just keep banging on about Unions or Tony or climate change or some such, and I feel the need to break it to you all, the reason you're all so angry with each other is that you cant find any new ground to cover.

So you're left with predictable personal snipes, and holding a line. To some degree I can see the comfort, and the consistency of someone like SM on the ALP, runner on abortion, whatever, a certain mass of these kind of characters is ok, but this site has officially become... well lets just say I wont be visiting this nursing home any more. One topic warriors abound, nobody says anything not totally predictable, I know all your mantras off by heart, and they make me want to... escape.... or die. Is this what I have to look forward to as I age? Man.

I see you all as less than real people, more cardboard caricatures now, and your lack of any kind of charm or levity or stimulating ideas has made it all a very unrewarding experience. It's just all so sour and sad. It used to be cheeky and enlivening and witty. Read through some of the comment history of a couple of years back and it was so much more entertaining and engaging.

So, no hard feelings, and farewell.

PS: Naturally this will elicit a defensive response, and no question I have been equally uninspired when I bother to engage here these days, but surely someone must agree that this place is missing something more than a bit of spark, and it's not just about the jousting it's the quality of the jousting. It's just not there.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 14 October 2013 10:49:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thats because OLO is not really an inclusive, unbiased forum it is a cesspit of right-wing, religious nutters who, at the first hint of "jousting" debate go running to Graham complaining they were insulted, despite having said much worse themselves on many previous occasions.

Anyone who does not subscribe to the dominant conservative groupthink is hounded out or even officially banned and thus the debate becomes sterile and boring.

A bunch of yes men standing around agreeing with each other.

Yawn.
Posted by mikk, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 8:18:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Houellie,

No defensive reaction...you are absolutely right.

There is no quality here that is inspiring.

(we have lost quite a few that made OLO worthwhile - including yourself - so understand that for those of us who had meant to exit when it became bland - well we decided to hang around just in case it ever regained a bit of it's past vigor)

My weakness is continuing to drop by for a bit of biffo with the right-wingers.

But since I'm elsewhere most of the time these days and only drop by to indulge my pettiness (which is what OLO does really well these days)I'm hoping to kick the habit somewhere down the track.

Anyway, I'm off now to whatever I do when I'm not being boring.

Cheers mate.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 8:42:17 AM
Hey Houellie, put up an interesting topic and I’ll take you on!!

If it is something I agree with you about, I’ll play devil’s advocate, for the sake of a good stoush. Or… perhaps, not a stoush, but rather, a good interesting friendly debate ( :>)

Be positive, man!

Comeon, OLO is what you make of it.

Ok, so you’ll get comments that you think are silly. Well, just skip past them and address the ones that you think deserve a response. And in so doing, steer the discussion where it interests you.

Looking forward to your new general thread!!
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 8:50:24 AM
That’s interesting Poirot.

Such a poor opinion of Online Opinion, from one who post’s here so prolifically!
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 8:52:28 AM
Ludwig,

It is interesting, isn't it.

I do post prolifically, even now when I'm not hovering over the threads like I used to when I first started.

As I said, that's mainly for a bit of biff on politics - which, as Houellie, points out is pointless and boring,.....but you know, I remember how it was here, and I always wondered if maybe we'd get back to something of that kind.

Not gonna happen.

So even though I post, I always feel that each post might be my last one - because it's kind of like being on a mouse wheel - same old, same old....

You're one of the more thoughtful posters, so at least you're still here...but really, me posting and biffing with righties is just a petty indulgence that's kept me coming back.

No overall value.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 9:07:15 AM
Houellebecq,

You are attempting to treat the wrong disorder.

Yours are the natural reactions to being caught in a rut, that is all.

So, do what you have to do. But don't look back.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 9:14:13 AM
Goodbye, Houellebecq.

I, for one, will sorely miss your delightful smugness. It is an inspiration to us all.

Not to mention the supreme condescension that shines through your every post, your ineffable amour-propre, and the unshakable conviction that, somehow, you hover above us all like some benevolent uncle, tolerating our childish foibles while knowing that we might eventually come to realize just how wise you are.

Have a nice life. And don't forget to shut the door after you.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 9:18:14 AM
Haaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaa hahahahahaaaaaa!

That’s certainly one of the funniests posts I’ve seen on OLO!

No room for two people like you on this forum, eh Pericles!!

Haaaaa hahahahaaaaaaa! ( :>)
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 9:36:06 AM
No… Not a defensive response but resigned, mournful agreement from the void at the pit of my soul.

[I wonder if that's coming on a bit strong? My god, is the voice recognition software still switched on?] [Delete last sentence]

"One topic warriors abound, nobody says anything not totally predictable"

About a year ago when this became so common as to be undeniable any more. I thought it merely a form of poster Tourette's - 'neurological disorder characterized by repetitive, stereotyped, involuntary movements and vocalizations' - but manifested in comments.

But I was wrong… It's not involuntary!

So a more accurate diagnosis might be an online version of frontotemporal dementia (FTD).

Which symptoms include: recurrent thoughts and behaviors with onset in middle or late life, recurrent events, from obsessional thoughts to tics and perseveration.

"In FTD, recurrent thoughts and behavior are probably due to abnormal response inhibition from disturbances of an orbitofrontal-basal ganglia network."

Here they are probably due to the ease of online access even if, for the worst offenders, it is limited to one finger typing because the others are occupied being buried knuckle deep up a nostril or some other orifice within arms reach.

"Is this what I have to look forward to as I age?"

I hope not - I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, my ex, or you.

"Oh the humanity."
Posted by WmTrevor, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 9:52:57 AM
Hee, hee....most entertaining!

Things are looking up around here.

: )
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 9:53:14 AM
Houellebecq, from memory it was around 5:32:47 AM way back on 13 June 2011 (a Monday if I'm not mistaken) when I wrote,

"...included is "leaving the world better than I found it" - this one's slow going as, on the whole, the world is acting like it doesn't want me to.

Regardless of whether I agreed with the opinion I quickly discovered the OLO commenters I most enjoyed always showed wit, or were reasoned, or were constructive and helpful, or helped me learn something new, or made me think from a new perspective. The very best often combined these traits in a single post complete with a personal 'tone of voice', which gave me examples to aim towards."

Thank you for the examples...

Thanks for all the fish and remember God's final message to His creation: 'We apologise for the inconvenience.'
Posted by WmTrevor, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 9:53:23 AM
after sleeping with 1000 women, drinking the finest wine, finding out that the flesh can never be satisfied the wise/foolish Solomon concluded

'Fear God and keep His commandments'. Keep searching Houllie.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 10:04:34 AM
Houellie.....

Or to put it another way - where the bloody hell have you been?

Where are all the others who gave this forum a bit of wit and depth?

The likes of me hang around here reduced to merely regurgitating and arguing ad nauseam shallow political crap, because their ain't nothin' else.

I know It's not compulsory to stay and indulge in petty tit for tat (I think I have an addictive personality)...but 'twas always in the hope that somehow OLO would regain some form, something to get my teeth into.

A few of those posters whom I relied upon for such vigor are still around, but don't post as often, the quality dwindles and what's left is the peripheral fluff of debate - sniping, name-calling, etc.

So there we have it.

(The Countess has spoken!)
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 10:04:54 AM
Don't listen, Houllebecq, they want to drag you back into the abyss, the deep rut you have found yourself languishing in.

Here, take this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3mgapAcVdU

turn up the speakers super loud,

and walk away with your head held high.

Don't listen to the pleading voices and don't look back.

There is a whole world out there, somewhere ...I just know it!

Oh dear, what was I saying about being caught in a rut?
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 10:40:16 AM
who-lie-low..you nailed..the general malaise..being experienced..by many of us..[i..have read the signs..of the times..like many have..that the more we struggle..the less is gained]

the more things..are changed
the more things..somehow..stay the same..[thats the reason..for the change[as the system..drives us into ever smaller spheres of interest

but we all know the problems..what is the solution
[i thought..the passing..of broadsheets was insane[ie them switching off with our publishing..their archives..topic by topic..in print,..as well as ongoing.,..on line

ie all the subject matter topic by topic..author by authentic..with live wiki like online links..plus a hard copy[in news print format..saved at many locations..as a conmplrete record..made into a concordant whole

the same applies to old closed posts[most of the topic arnt closed by half[yet]..so simply openthe gates..and they will return

to explain
i recall my first post here..
was two years after the topic was begun..someone complained..and that ended[too many great topic were closed.,,BEFORE THEIR TIME*

open them..back up..and watch the lost come home
cause they cared enough to post..it..

they will return to complete
that they were tricked out of doing/saying..back then*

more live options

no dead thread..its..the only thing..that works
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 12:40:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Houellie,

"There are no personal problems which cannot
be solved through suitable application of high
explosives."

(Anon).
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 1:06:39 PM
H.... who?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 1:14:55 PM
even..if its just to say..i told you so
yet the notice/email..gets to the lost..saying come home

[maybe an edit option>
no..i..guess we must be prepared..to write it proper way..first go
still..if some threads could be easy cleaned up/clarified..or a redacted button..that hides the offending post..you need to chose to read[those expanding quote things

but the minumum change..or
local permissions to cleanup a thread
no..that attracts censors..how about the offer of
a new page..with the old kept..as is..for completeness of record

also i note many old links from old threads are gone
if only we could save [in-house]..a copy of the original link..as then posted[its only too easy to censor stuff your not permitted to access]..info..others provided as their witness..into..public record

error
101..means the links become gone
what i like about olo..is its stayed..where others went their own way,,or worse..were hounded/trolled/lobbied..or just plain..chased away

anyhow..its a wake-up..call
lots of emails..in..who-lies-low in-box..and..who knows?
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 1:27:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mikk may I o0ffer this advice?
Yes we have lost a lot, but in all truth some of those you see as fitting your complaint list are easy meat.
Stay, piddling in a conservatives swimming pool has benefits.
Humor puts years on our lives.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 1:45:30 PM
Dear Countess. You are one of OLO’s best and most prolific posters. You obviously get a lot out of it. I can’t quite believe that you poo poo it so much.

I can sort of understand this love/hate relationship sort of thing. Sort of. To some extent.

Or maybe it’s more a case of just being comfortable with something you know, and which has just become a part of your daily life.

I think this is how it is for me. It’s not something that I expect great excitement or inspiration from. But it is nice to know that it is there, maintaining part of the normality and comfort of everyday life.

And it is a good way to help me keep up with current affairs and the wider issues related to them. It’s nice to chat with your online friends (or foes) about these matters. And having the familiarity with a wide bunch of posters certainly helps.

Sure beats Facebook!!

So Poirot, what would you like to see on OLO that would rekindle your dwindling interest?

More of that wonderful sort of discussion that we had over Magritte’s ‘this is not a pipe’ pipe??

BTW, I don’t think the quality of debate had dwindled. GY put his foot down a while back, well, three or more years ago now, and the standard has been pretty reasonable since then.

It is more a matter of sameness rather than any deterioration which has glazed your eyes over somewhat, yes?
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 2:35:07 PM
What a whiner Houlie!
If you feel that way, then au revoir .

I believe these forums are what you make of them.
I keep coming back pretty much for the same reasons as Poirot...I like to joust with the far right posters, and the idiots.
It makes me feel like my life is not really that bad when I read some the silly posts.

OLO has a good moderator in Graham, in that he keeps the bad language and extreme trolling out of this site.
I am working full time and don't get here as often as I would like, but I still like to get here.
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 3:28:03 PM
Yeah, Luddy.

".....I can’t quite believe that you poo poo it so much.

I can sort of understand this love/hate relationship sort of thing. Sort of. To some extent.

Or maybe it’s more a case of just being comfortable with something you know, and which has just become a part of your daily life."

I wuz thinking this morning about that very point - and maybe Houellie hit a nerve because I meant it when I said that lately I half expected every post to be my last.

And yet I've been going at it hammer and tongs lately arguing politics, which, as you say, must be doing something for me.

For instance, I've posted a lot today...and it's like I drop in for a bit to have my say. The majority of my posts would probably take 3 or 4 minutes to post, with the more considered of them taking around 15 minutes, so It's relatively easy to indulge myself while my life unfolds around me. This morning between posts I vacuumed did the rest of the morning's housework, a bit of (home) schooling stuff, made a chocolate cake, did some gardening, had coffee with a friend, etc...

So perhaps, because I don't indulge in this sort of debate in real life, OLO suffices for that.

But it is grating that when all is said and done around here these days, it's only politics and climate that get me going, nothing much philosophical happening at all - and all I seem to do is spend my time sniping and not discussing, if you get my drift.

This thread is a welcome departure because it's more about how things are and less about partisan opinion.

I'm sure that's all sufficiently gobbledygook - and Houellie would laugh at my seriousness tell me and others we're boring while choosing to make himself scarce around here.

News for you Houelles - we can only operate with the personalities that stick around, if you're one of the ones who's vamoosed, it's one less we've got to bolster the quality.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 5:34:47 PM
Still they hiss, "Join usssssssss", "Stay with usssssss", "Never leave ussssssss............in our ruts".

LOL, it is so typical of online forums that all believe it is someone else's fault. - The Houso's excuse, "It's always them, not moi".

Booze, bongs, bad manners and Centrelink cheques. Oh, and whinging and whining as fav pastimes. Getting the daily adrenaline fix through faux, or maybe even real, anger at the world.

Heh, heh, often sounds like an old banger trying to start on a low battery around here. But it would always have been like that. There are some whose misinformed, carping posts are cut and pastes of what they presented years before and repeated often since. I have looked back a bit, as any can, to confirm that with confidence.

Run away H and never look back.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 15 October 2013 7:57:50 PM
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

You give yourself away complaining about "right-wingers".

A few years back, it was the exact opposite.
All the articles were left-biased, and most of the commenters were lefties nodding robotically along, and congratulating each other on how wonderful they were.

Any right-winger who dared enter the arena was swiftly battered (rarely by actual argument, just mockery and intimidation) by the "home team".
I gave up myself for about 6 months.

Times have changed.
The left are losing their political dominance in Western civilisation.
It's no surprise this shift to the right would be reflected in online forums.

Maybe the real problem is the articles.
It's a broken record.
The same topics over and over and over again (boat people, climate change, secularism/atheism, etc).
We can only comment on the articles published.
Posted by Shockadelic, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 1:00:32 AM
Shocka,

"A few years back, it was the exact opposite.
All the articles were left-biased, and most of the commenters were lefties nodding robotically along, and congratulating each other on how wonderful they were.

Any right-winger who dared enter the arena was swiftly battered (rarely by actual argument, just mockery and intimidation) by the "home team".
I gave up myself for about 6 months."

That's bilge.

There has always been a healthy majority of right-wingers and their baggage here.

Yes there were a few more lefties (the ones with a bit more depth), but the vast majority of contributors have always been right wing around here.

"Times have changed.
The left are losing their political dominance in Western civilisation.
It's no surprise this shift to the right would be reflected in online forums."

Here's an example of your right-wing govt's integrity:

http://www.carersnt.asn.au/abbott-government-dumps-disabilitycare-roll-out

Much more to come.
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 1:09:23 AM
<< We can only comment on the articles published. >>

Eh??

But Shocka, we have the opportunity to start up new discussions on all manner of subjects.

If the articles are a little droll for your liking, then startup a new general thread.

That is one of the really good things about OLO
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 6:28:42 AM
>>You give yourself away complaining about "right-wingers"<<

Sounds like BS to me. I read Houllebecq's post very carefully but I can't see any mention of right-wingers. He seems to find the lefties just as tedious.

But good job making Houllebecq's point so effectively for him. You're so devoid of creativity and imagination that the only responses you can come up with are lefty-bashing posts in a non-partisan thread. I recommend that you try and read more fiction or take a hobby like painting or sculpting. Activities like that are good for developing your creativity.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 8:01:39 AM
"Activities like that are good for developing your creativity."

But if you're lazy there is still creativity to be had without leaving the comfort of the computer or your own personal space... for example, remember Tom Lehrer's The Elements?

Pity it's out of date. Try singing along to the updated (and in order) New Periodic Table Song by Asap Science:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUDDiWtFtEM

Plus, unlike painting or sculpting there is no cleaning up afterwards, though whether it qualifies as a rewarding experience in Houellebecq's terms of charm or levity or stimulating ideas is up to each of you.
Posted by WmTrevor, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 8:33:37 AM
Looks like Houellie's buggered off.

Strange isn't it, how we feel the need to sign off by telling all and sundry how boring they are - no doubt, I'll do that when I finally pull up stumps.

However, I don't think I've ever seen a poster actually initiate a thread to do it.

Anyway, Houelles, if you're watching form on high, I still command you to write that book - then when it's a best seller, all your correspondence will be from people who "get it" and OLO will be but a fleeting mirage somewhere back in the droll hazy distance.

Actually, I'm reading Kafka's "The Metamorphosis" and going to read Nabokov's deconstruction of it after (That's what I do when I'm not vacuuming and dribbling on OLO)

Kafka was a clerk, had a mundane ordinary job, but like Einstein, something of genius flowered.

Write it down.
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 9:03:31 AM
yep..hew's

Nope,..there's nothing left.
You bore me to tears.

trouble is..how to make it a topic?
like..drinking sewer-rage..not much to say
[except make the problems..go away..special interest..govt lobbies must soon..have had its day..for too long..they alone..have had it their way

Some statistics..about the unlucky people
in our lucky country:..[qld stats only]

http://www.foodbankqld.org.au/

people are currently homeless in Queensland

Queenslanders live below the poverty line
10.9%

of children live in poverty
1 in 4

pensioners live in or close to poverty
25%

of households located in disadvantaged areas
of Brisbane are food insecure

Charities, which only exist to meet a need, are experiencing an alarming increase in demand. In the last twelve months Foodbank has experienced an 11% increase in community groups seeking food assistance.

Charities report having to turn away 134 people
a month on average – 72 of whom are children.

of course we got it just fine
but the ripoff runs globally././mostly of the voiceless..hidden..oppressed and exploited..low wage slaves paying rent..to inverters..[like their super industries..or bosses looking for investment..[and govt bonus/tax deduction..govt grants schemes*]

REFERENCES
http://www.homelessnessclearinghouse.govspace.gov.au
http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/
http://www.acoss.org.au
http://www.unicef.org.au
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 9:06:50 AM
>>Pity it's out of date. Try singing along to the updated (and in order) New Periodic Table Song by Asap Science:<<

Well that was pretty orgasmic. Thanks, Trev. Maybe not quite as joyous as Tom Lehrer's - certainly not as funny - but they chose well when they chose Offenbach and they got all the way to ununoctium.

In return for your good deed I'll direct you to two awesome nerd songs by my favourite nerd band, They Might Be Giants. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoZLlfdeqyU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JdWlSF195Y

And you've probably seen this one already, but for those of you haven't: they've updated the Galaxy Song! Apologies for the interjections by Dr. Brian [please remove the profanity].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo6OCxwUPPg

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 5:59:10 PM
Poirot, "Actually, I'm reading Kafka's "The Metamorphosis"

Oh gosh how you cerebral you are Poirot, you Dear of Tin of fruit, you.

How you constantly show up the lesser beings on OLO who are, as you often say, not fit to lick your size 12 plush purple Ugh Boots (Target really should stock larger slippers for a (um) 'Lady').

Any wonder you have your very own wee OLO glee club.

No call for that jealous bitch slap at Houellebecq in your first few lines though. 'H' is gone now. Besides, he never was any competition for that limelight you lap up. The stage is always yours, Dear Old Tin of Fruit.

If only you weren't always threatening to leave and causing such distress to your adoring, if very few, fans.

Heh, heh, you have had more departures than Dame Nellie Melba, what is one more?
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:09:26 PM
Blow it out yer ear, otb.

It's odious cretins like you who drive me to take my bows.
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 17 October 2013 12:22:23 AM
Poirot, "who drive me to take my bows"

LOL and you take so many of them, "Look at me".

You have taken over Houellebecq's farewell and all of your posts were about you.

It can't always be about you, Dear Old Tin of Fruit.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 17 October 2013 1:14:37 AM
otb,

"..."Look at me"."

God, you're so unoriginal. Not content with stealing Loudy's other lines - now you're borrowing that one.

Boring.

Houellie knows I get him....

Gawd! - fancy him taking off - and you're still here.

Not much hope, I'm afraid.
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 17 October 2013 1:28:01 AM
i have an..idea..for a special thread
i would post it here..but its better of here

the thing..is..we each put things different
my thought was reach writes..a story..about a same topic
and ONLY after posting..can you read the other replies..[i suppose its more a game..i will expand on it ..at the right thread

grayhams new thread
for specs we would like to see..for a possible new olo/forum

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6057&page=0

it begins with..[say]..
whoolio..left the forum..because;....

[i assure you..no two replies..will be identical]
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 17 October 2013 6:37:28 AM
There is no quality here that is inspiring.
Poirot,
You being one of the worst offenders & never proposing solutions.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 17 October 2013 7:05:03 AM
Thanks, Tony Lavis... the updated galaxy song goes to the big picture of how inter-related the universe is...

Ray Stevens' world view is more compact. Not so much the tree of life as his family's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYlJH81dSiw

This version has a diagram to help explain.
Posted by WmTrevor, Thursday, 17 October 2013 7:26:38 AM
thanks wn
here is my best pick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYeekQkAdc
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 17 October 2013 7:36:14 AM
Thanks individual,

But you do see, don't you, that we're merely living up to Houellie's expectations by childishly squabbling on his thread.

I imagine he's either gone into rigor mortis from the boredom or he's gone into paroxysms of laughter at our confirming his diagnosis.

Pffft.
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 17 October 2013 8:31:08 AM
http://www.metrolyrics.com/im-my-own-grandpa-lyrics-ray-stevens.html..

it makes a few major errors

<<edited..I was married to a widow
<<..This widow had a grown-up daughter

<<My father fell..in love with her..and soon they too..were wed
This made..my dad my son-in-law..and really changed my life..

<<For now my daughter..was my mother,
'cause she was my father's wife>>

<<..I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy
My little baby..then became..*a brother-in-law..to dad

who..is the mother

And so [baby[..became my uncle,

<<..For..if he were my uncle,
then that also..made him brother..Of the widow's..grownup daughter, who was of course my step-mother..[daughter]..Father's wife

then had a son who kept them on the runAnd he became my grandchild, for he was my daughter's son

My wife is now my mother's mother huh?

and it makes me blueBecause although she is my wife, she's my grandmother tooNow if my wife is my grandmother, then I'm her grandchildAnd every time I think of it, it nearly drives me wild'Cause now I have become the strangest 'case you ever sawAs husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpaI'm my own grandpa, I'm my own grandpaIt sounds funny, I know but it really is soI'm my own grandpa

Read more:

Ray Stevens - I'm My Own Grandpa Lyrics | MetroLyrics

too strange..
but im bored too

i..thought it was going to/be cat stevens..
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 17 October 2013 8:50:48 AM
It's a shame OLO isn't more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=293Irm-vxtE

Ray Stevens was always far more deep and meaningful that his cousin, Cat.

Just think of me as Jane, to all you Tarzans.

(Shut up, Tarzan, I'm tryin' to sing!)
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 17 October 2013 10:16:42 AM
<<Just think of me as Jane, to all you Tarzans>>

Actually you'd be a better fit with Cheetah...on one of his/her bad days!
Posted by SPQR, Thursday, 17 October 2013 8:46:48 PM
Dear SPQR,

Tarzan's favourite line to Jane:

"Man, you're such a Cheetah!"

He was an ape-man afterall.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 17 October 2013 9:30:21 PM
Oh well - if Ray Stevens singing Gitarzan can't bring Houellie back then I give up.

Jane was a hoot!

Laugh! - I nearly went to Ethiopia....(kudos to Alexei Sayle:)
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 17 October 2013 10:15:31 PM
Well Houellie in the words of the Everly Brothers, all I can say is,

Bye bye love
Bye bye happiness
Hello loneliness
I think I'm-a gonna cry

Guess I'll just have to forget you.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 17 October 2013 11:04:52 PM
Poirot "Here's an example of your right-wing govt's integrity"

They're as "right" as the broken lines on the highway.

And they're not "my" party/government.
I put them second last (before Labor).

I never said anything about "integrity".
I noted a shift to the right in Western society.
I've noticed it here as well.

My memories are clearly different to yours.
Maybe recently there's been a plethora of right-wingers, but I definitely don't recall that being the case when I first joined a few years back (and certainly not a "majority").
We could barely get a word in.
Posted by Shockadelic, Friday, 18 October 2013 12:30:43 AM
Poirot, "Laugh! - I nearly went to Ethiopia....(kudos to Alexei Sayle:)"

Of course you did, Dear Old Tin of Fruit. But that and your reference to septuagenarian Ray Stevens belong in one of those (now gone, thank goodness) dope-smoke filled wine bars that the likes of terminal bore Philip Adams -now in his dotage as well- might claim to have frequented in his equally tedious leftie youth.

Do tell us another one please that builds up your esteemed self to your fans (even if that is only Foxy left hanging there in wee hope).

It isn't always about you, Dear Old Tin of Fruit. LOL
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 18 October 2013 1:25:14 AM
otb,

What a humourless, tedious drone you are.

Here's one for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

Monty Python's version of OLO.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 18 October 2013 1:45:31 AM
ode..to whoboo-hoolieslow

we all..will see
freewill..aint free
[by me]

ok we.know..that..free=no-cost?
so..the will..is free..has lost..its cost?

Will..[wont-Negative]
Change..the sentences..below to/the..negative.

Use/the...short-form..won't.

Example:
I'll..see you..tomorrow.
I won't..see you..tomorrow.

You..cannot..modify.."can"
with..the..auxiliary/modal.."will"

When."can"..refers..to permission,..possibility,..or suggestion,
the..Future..is "can"..+..future/time-adverb,..
so..that..it's..clear..you mean..in..the.."future"

Ex:..You..can go..to the..
I..can..help..you
You..can read..a book

YOU..WILL..go
I..WILL..help

you wont..read the book
YOU..will..read..the book
you will..to..read the book
you read..of your own..freewill

how..do..we know..our own*..will?
is by..our own..freewill..or just..willful-choosing..?

will•ful

adj.
1...deliberate/voluntary,..or intentional:..willful desertion.
2...unreasonably/stubborn..or headstrong;..perversely obstinate.

willful•ly, adverb.
willful•ness, noun.

synonyms:..willful/headstrong/perverse/wayward
refer to..a person..who stubbornly persists..in doing..as he..or she pleases..willful implies..opposition..to those..whose wishes/suggestions..or commands/ought to/be..respected..or obeyed:

a willful son..who ignored..his parents' advice.
headstrong is used in a similar way.. but implies foolish and sometimes..reckless behavior:

perverse implies..stubborn persistence
in opposing..what is right..or acceptable,
often with/the express..intention..of being..contrary or disagreeable:..taking a perverse/delight..in arguing with others.

wayward..suggests stubborn..disobedience
that gets one into trouble:

.will•ing

adj.
1...disposed..or consenting;..inclined:..willing to/go..along.
2...cheerfully-consenting..or ready:..a willing/worker.
3...done/given,..borne/used,..etc.,..with cheerful readiness.

willing•ly, adverb.
willing•ness, noun.

Thesaurus Legend:
Synonyms..Related/Words..Antonyms
Noun..willing -
the act*..of making..a choice
willing - the act of,,"followed..my father..of my-own volition"

volition/selection,choice,option,pick
the act..of choosing..or selecting;[selective..

intention..an act of intending;[selectivity..
a volition..that..you intend..to carry..over/out;
"my intention..changed..once I saw..her..?"

Adj...willing
disposed..or inclined..toward;..
"a willing..participant";.."willing helpers"

compliant..disposed to..or willing..to comply;
"children..compliant..with..the parental will"

inclined -
(often followed..by `to')
having..a preference,..disposition..or tendency;
he.."wasn't inclined..to believe the excuse";..is.."inclined..to be moody"

voluntary -
of your..own free will..or design[plan];
that..done..by choice;..not forced..by chance..or compelled;
"man is..a voluntary*agent";.."participation.;.was voluntary";"a voluntary confession"

#unwilling
not disposed..or inclined toward;
"an unwilling..assistant";.."unwilling..to face/facts"
2. willing..not brought..about by coercion..or force
#willing -
not brought about..by coercion or force;
"the works..off his life..was uncoerced"
un-coerced,-unforced

#voluntary..by/of..your own*..free will
or..that..done..by choice;..not forced..or compelled;>>

$forced..so..FORCING OTHERS..TO..BE GOOD..
isnt of..freewill choice..is your..will..free..or willful?

WERE YOU..willing?

adjective
1...so inclined,..un-prepared,..un-happy,
dis-pleased,..in-content,..in favour,..in-disposed

consenting,..disposed, un-favorable,..dis-agreeable,
in the..mood,..willful..wonderful..compliant,..amenable,
desirous..of..or, so-minded..?

willing for..nothing loath?
or willing nothing..but loathing?

There..are some questions..
which they..will not/be..willing to answer.

dis-inclined..reluctant,..unwilling,..averse,..loath,..
[as opposed to.loathing..[adj]..not keen,disinclined,.indisposed

2...ready,..game..(informal),eager,..enthusiastic
He had..plenty of willing..volunteers..here..to help him clear up..the freely..chosen..mess-age

but..found only the un-ready*/the ignnored
reluctant,..un-willing,..be-grudging,..unenthusiastic
so rolled the dice..and exercised..his freewill/free-choice..and..?
Posted by one under god, Friday, 18 October 2013 5:59:08 AM
please forgive my.willful distractions
shamelessly requiring the hooollo,,to give our complicated topic a go,,before he cruelly decide to go

you say..i..bore you to tears
oh dear..im sweating bloody..trying to post info..
that expands..as much as exposes lies..dis-possion-fears

i havnt seen you..at the thread..
about those many-fold/topic's others dread
[what means free will..or that of being bored..to dead*

where we stand.on both sides..of the great divide
revealing our inner mind..to opposing kind

hooolio
your blind

i.should put you..as you
put me..putting off us all..out of sight..out of mind

you lost your mind
[but we talked of that bit too

boo hoo..where were you

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=15257&page=0

everyone leaving..when..its
not the time..for separation..but cleaving
grasping firmly..onto..whatever peer/beliefs..you think..you got

the sorting of the sheep..from the goat..
from the wheat..from the oat..those of the plank..or the mote*
removing the splinters..the thorns..from the paws..of the that roars

anyhow..your pares..are wrote larger
upon.the ego..of the ages..that the pages..of the book of life..recall thy works/lurks..perks..deeds..be they strife..or tithe

its karmic balancing
banging between extremes
its about lost hope..living others dreams

[or so it seems]..who bored you to tears..
by revealing of your fears..its..not your smallness you hear..but of the greatness..you are..

beyond your own fears
to run..means missing the fun

your pun
son..of the sun
Posted by one under god, Friday, 18 October 2013 7:05:07 AM
"It's a shame OLO isn't more like this:"

Poirot, did you mean with only four gorillas in sight? Take comfort in the fact that their erect penis size is 4 cms.

(Let's hear it for the monkey.)

For Houellebecq's sake I should have shown how I was rooly down with the Yoofs and referenced Dappy's 'No Regrets'...

"Oh oh oh oh oh oh na na na na na, Oh oh oh oh oh oh hear me out"

OK. maybe not that bit...

"Deep inside, there's a fire
'Cause I'm no longer looking at a reflection I admire"
Posted by WmTrevor, Friday, 18 October 2013 7:49:46 AM
if you watch carefully
you will see who-lie-low..hulking in the reflections

i couldnt see him..but..my guides advise..hes spirit is..there
[a chip..on the shoulder][or the same anger demons feeding anger..then the realization....youjust saw your own reflection[recollection]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE04WIB9V10&list=PLHQMwWIhNeqwYzbDmJuo-aczCcCnF80s0

its funny..how..we let sleeping logs lie
but in hell..those sleepers sleeping eternity away..
i would just..help them awake..why didnt.;you..help wake them up..too?

only..the boring can get bored
only the angry..feel anger

it's..not only the watchdog..that sleeps

who/who..fell throu..the cracks..of his ownlax
Posted by one under god, Friday, 18 October 2013 7:52:12 AM
Dear Poirot,

"There once was a troll from Australia
Who came with his paraphernalia
He went on the net
To the Forum you bet
Where he found all the best troll regalia."

And -

"The music of trolls when on key
From Scandia is heard sea to sea
In these measure quite rare
There is none to compare
But in music it's 'all Grieg' to me!"

(Adapted from the Web).
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 18 October 2013 9:17:45 AM
Thank you Lexi : )

Regarding this thread.

When all is said and done, some stay - some go.

Time to move on.

Whatever....
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 18 October 2013 11:38:35 AM
Poirot, "Thank you Lexi : )"

Confused as to which of Foxy's heads you are patting? LOL
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 18 October 2013 11:51:23 AM
While riding his bicycle a Member of Parliament is
hit by a truck and dies. His soul is met by St
Peter at the Pearly Gates.

"Welcome," says St Peter.
"I've got orders from the boss that before you get
settled you've got to spend one day in Heaven and one
day in Hell - and then decide where you're going to
stay."

"That's easy," replies the MP. "I want Heaven."
"No, it doesn't work that way. You must spend 24 hours in
each place and then decide."

St. Peter takes the MP down, in the elevator to
Hell.

The doors open and the MP notices many of his colleagues
and friends there. There's a golf course,
a club-house, lunch is served and they eat lobster and caviar,
drink champagne, and have a great time. Before long 24 hours
pass and St Peter comes back and takes the MP back up in
the elevator to Heaven.

Here the MP moves about with
contented souls from cloud to cloud playing the harp and
singing. 24 hours go by quickly,
St Peter comes for the MP.

"Well, you've been in both places now, which place have you
decided on?"

The MP replies, "I'd never thought that I'd choose Hell,
but all my friends are there and they're having such a good
time, I'd like to be with them."

The MP is taken down in the elevator to Hell.

As the MP
steps out of the elevator he finds himself entering a barren
wasteland full of garbage. His friends are dressed in rags
(earlier they had been beautifully and formally dressed) and
they look miserable.

The Devil appears, and says, "Welcome to
Hell." The confused MP says, "Yesterday, I was here and there
was a golf-course and a club and we ate lobster and caviar,
drank champagne and danced and had a good time. Now all there
is, is a wasteland full of garbage and my friends look
miserable. What happened?"

The Devil smiles and replies,

"Yesterday we were campaigning.
Today you voted for us!"

I wouldn't want to be God's campaign manager.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Friday, 18 October 2013 1:34:30 PM
Dear Chris,

The devil's in the details. ;-)
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 18 October 2013 1:55:42 PM
Graham

You can always tell when a topic has passed its used by date.Its when you start getting comments like this "Take comfort in the fact that their erect penis size is 4 cms" and the rest of the authors comment is not much better.

Want a suggestion about what to have in the new format for OLO. Start with stopping such childish put downs. Most of us grew out of putdowns
referencing penis size when we left primary school.
Posted by KarlX, Friday, 18 October 2013 5:51:03 PM
[Deleted. Offensive.]
Posted by Tony Lavis, Friday, 18 October 2013 9:20:11 PM
Tony

Apologies I did not realise the subject of this thread was "interesting" facts about penis size.

I would have thought that if such was your penchant you might have found other more reliable sources.
Posted by KarlX, Saturday, 19 October 2013 6:13:40 AM
KarlX,

I wouldn't get too hot under the collar about that.

Houellie's probably having a great laugh at the turn of conversation.

I've noted, on several occasions, his name on the "users currently online"...so he's still having a squiz to see how us marionettes dance to his thread.

(Apparently he doesn't find us quite as boring as he's led us to believe)

: )
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 19 October 2013 7:01:31 AM
Poirot,

That is so petty.

So someone might look at the forum, so what?

It can't always be about you.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 19 October 2013 8:01:28 AM
throw a bucket of water
it looks like..their stuck..together..

where's the bucket..or is it better to..cut off..the wang?
that seems..to be the real..sticky point

anyhow..im..pullin up..my dak's
and departing this thread

hoolio eye-glasses..is morte..
long life..to his past word..and..no future wurd was herd.
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 19 October 2013 8:22:27 AM
Sorry, KarlX... it wasn't my intention to have you tell us how you find yourself bored by penises.

It was a real-world fact to go with my acknowledging Poirot's link to Gitarzan which linked to my Ray Stevens' Grandpa clip which responded to Tony Lavis' They Might Be Giants' Mammals, Sun Shine as well as the updated Galaxy songs which were offered after sharing the New Periodic Table Song.

A sort of Natural History series of commentary... though regretfully, OUG seemed to be disappointed by expecting Cats.

It seemed to me attempts to entertain ourselves whilst waiting for the main feature to start. Houellebecq's resurgence... even if it was only to tell us off.

Again.

How about this, KarlX? In a spirit of conciliation if you care to tell me which gorillas you believe I have putdown I will apologize to them.
Posted by WmTrevor, Saturday, 19 October 2013 9:38:34 AM
Trevor

In the spirit of reconciliation, some friendly advice. You really don't need to go through all those poor taste gags about penis sizes and gorillas.If you crave attention so much just come out and say "Hey chaps I need attention".

Think of how much time it would save you not having to contrive those very unfunny lines.

How about it?
Posted by KarlX, Saturday, 19 October 2013 10:09:04 AM
>>You really don't need to go through all those poor taste gags<<

[Deleted as offensive.]

>>If you crave attention so much just come out and say "Hey chaps I need attention".<<

So why don't you do that instead of trying instead of trying to convince people of the dubious proposition that we all share the same sense of humour?

>>Think of how much time it would save you not having to contrive those very unfunny lines.<<

Very unfunny? Trev is hands down the funniest contributor to this forum. Without him it would be sadder, bleaker, greyer place. He's like a Patronus charm, keeping the dementors at bay.

I'm going to hazard a guess that you don't like Monty Python but you think that Two and a Half Men is the funniest show ever.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Saturday, 19 October 2013 7:41:45 PM
Tony

"instead of trying to convince people of the dubious proposition that we all share the same sense of humour?"
I am doing no such thing. All I am trying to do is hold the forum to its own standards.It was my view that some of the posts on this thread were outside those standards.And it seems the adjudicator agrees with me.

"I'm going to hazard a guess that you don't like Monty Python
Nope. I am a huge fan of MP. I just don't like poor imitations of MP.

I think there might be more to you and "Trev" than first meets the eye
Posted by KarlX, Sunday, 20 October 2013 7:37:34 AM
KarlX,

Have you any commentary regarding the degree of boredom engendered on OLO?

Or are you only interested in perpetuating it?
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 20 October 2013 9:40:32 AM
What I dislike is the sniping and the derogatory comments about a poster's sincerity or integrity - rather than appropriately addressing the issue and the substance. I also dislike the constant criticism based on nothing more than a biased viewpoint, without any attempt to provide reasoned argument or factual refutation, which then makes a mockery of any use of the term 'discussion', for it is replaced simply by argument for its own sake - or to rattle someone else's cage.

How often someone takes a point, a line or a statement from a post, and then, often quite out of context, takes this to task, again with no regard for relevance to the overall issue or discussion.

It's fine to make jokes or to make light when due, but quite out of place for its own sake.

OTB,

Please quit your verbal stouch with Poirot, and quit referring to her as 'Dear old ...' etc. It's tired, ungracious and highly disrespectful, and really has no place in reasoned and thoughtful communication. (And it merely makes a fool of yourself.)

It's hard to tolerate some of the stupidity gaining traction on this forum of late, and quite honestly I don't blame Houellie for chucking in the towel. (Though his contributions will be missed.)
Why any serious posters persist while such poor antics continue is testament perhaps to their optimism that something may yet be gained amongst the chaff.
If this forum is to be worthwhile we need more positive consideration of other's views, and not merely poking fun or ill-considered snipes.
Humour has its place, but not solely at someone else's expense or simply for the sake of it.
I am sure most of us have better things to do with our time; and maybe another forum may be only answer if some things don't change. (Much as I would miss it; but any record becomes boring the upteenth time around.)

Are we all just getting bored? (Or just too tired to think.)
Posted by Saltpetre, Sunday, 20 October 2013 7:29:12 PM
salty..makes..some/excellent-points
irrefutably..sensibility..[i feel i..said much/the same..
in reply..to..lexie..saying..much..the same..my last post[..@..grey,mans..new forum topic]

so..we are all..on the same page
but heck..i done it too..if you cant defeat..the logic..all..thats..left is resentment..[name calling]

it shows..the point wasnt refutable..
by the poster..now upset..needing some face-saving..gesture
reply..not leaving the point un-rebuted..[and sadly..name calling..[or worse some long-winded obscure-link]..only proves we got nuthin

<<..Are we all just getting bored?>>

of course thatsa factor..ilong ago..gave up..trying tosave the world
realising..it cant change..thart even wrong reason..thart yet achieve a better resulkt..is better than no result..[but camping on some mine site..in..the middle of now-here..is a waste of time/effort

ifound icopuld be more affective,,online

sofor most affecvt..for leat effort[online wins]
but oif you..only got belief..not fact..name calling..is all you got/left

[not you..personally..but generally

<<>. (Or just too tired to think.)..

thats my biggest fear..if i..stop-thinking
can..i..think..enough..to get..'it' going again..
so..if i..stopped..trying to be unthinking,,[but..can be thoughtless]

thats why..i rekon..we need mods
to-be the neutral-umpire..to..access..the proof..[backup..the validity..of a given..point[or better to have others vote it believable..[proved]...or not..[ie present other proof..or..its noted you havnt?

or at least a giff..
that says [citation/needed]

maybe edited into..the actual..post
or a check..again..giff..for false notice..[all..recorded..on the thread]

but then again..keeping..it simple
name calling..weakens..any ancillary..proof...that may follow.

full-stop
name calling..mean..i..cede
i cant refute..so..your a ....

meaning..you..win
plus..[everyone..not overly/biased/one eyed..knows it]
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 20 October 2013 9:05:34 PM
Saltpetre I am surprised.

I thought you had been here long enough to realise Poirot is the mistress & commander of the unpleasant snipe around here.

I can't ever remember her "appropriately addressing the issue and the substance" on any subject, can you?

I can understand how her constant nastiness could get up some other folks nose, & draw replies in kind.

I personally tried to engage her in conversation on a number of topics, before giving up to avoid further waste of time. I wouldn't worry too much about OTB. He will soon realise there is a hole in the barrel, & no matter how much he pours into it, the result will still be an empty vessel.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 20 October 2013 10:04:01 PM
Saltpetre,

'Old Tin of fruit' is of 1920's origin and is quite appropriate for Poirot, who would likely have used the phrase himself, it being so common in his time.
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 20 October 2013 10:12:47 PM
Hasbeen, "He will soon realise there is a hole in the barrel, & no matter how much he pours into it, the result will still be an empty vessel"

LOL. Gently chaffing the menagerie of passive-aggressives, obsessive compulsives and of course not forgetting the odd narcissist for their daily ritual of disrupting threads to get attention, is not such a bad thing.

You are right, one does tire of it, It is a fair assumption that others have given up in exasperation in the past and left. The coarseness, rough behaviour and the foul language and images are enough to put most off.
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 20 October 2013 10:43:22 PM
otb,

"LOL. Gently chaffing the menagerie of passive-aggressives, obsessive compulsives and of course not forgetting the odd narcissist for their daily ritual of disrupting threads to get attention, is not such a bad thing."

Well, double LOL!...you overrate yourself, Mr beach.

Most of us don't fall for your faux outrage.

They are merely an excuse for you to put the boot in, while simultaneously pretending to uphold petty moralities.

Sorry if you think my interrupting and swatting your twisting and distorting other poster's views is "disruptive" to your copy.

I'm sure you'd rather be allowed to splatter your confected blather up and down the forum with no interruption at all.

But Poirot thinks it's rather bad form to garner attention and kudos by misrepresenting others' views.

Hasbeen,

You usually post in a most provocative and often odious manner.

You obviously don't like it when someone responds with equal vehemence in the opposite vein.

That's what happens on opinion forums.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 21 October 2013 12:38:41 AM
Of course you are much larger than life Poirot, and your habit of referring to yourself in the third person is interesting. Your use of 'us', too.

The subject of the thread, what was it now?
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 21 October 2013 1:21:10 AM
otb,

Well, ho, ho, ho....

Now that I've called you out once again - you say:

"The subject of the thread, what was it now?"

Here's what you were spouting in your previous post:

"Hasbeen, "He will soon realise there is a hole in the barrel, & no matter how much he pours into it, the result will still be an empty vessel"

LOL. Gently chaffing the menagerie of passive-aggressives, obsessive compulsives and of course not forgetting the odd narcissist for their daily ritual of disrupting threads to get attention, is not such a bad thing.

You are right, one does tire of it, It is a fair assumption that others have given up in exasperation in the past and left. The coarseness, rough behaviour and the foul language and images are enough to put most off."

So the upshot is that otb can meander all over the place until his target responds to him.

And then......

He responds by attempting to suggest that same target is posting off topic.

Pathetic.....
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 21 October 2013 1:27:13 AM
Now you discuss me in the third person. Third person to third person? Yikes.

You can snag someone else can do the umpteen pages with you while you do your thing.

Bye.
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 21 October 2013 1:40:53 AM
im..caught..between a rock..and that hard place
trying to walk..with a foot in..both camps

sure etiquette dictates..that we dont look..and not feed troll/flaming..or provoke..nor pick at wounds..[any number of cliche']..advice etc

an adjudicator..would try to get to the root of the problem
whats the key..that fixes...things..[makes the hurt..go away]..makes each feel..enough..to let it slide..but..if hurt..we need hurt back

i..think its a pride thing
[a saving face...grace]=..who can guess
a zero sum/game..either way..we become fewer././leaving leaving leaving..leaves us grieving..but what the worst grief..watching loved ones tearing each-other to bits..or watching us go off into the sunset..one by one

where the resolution
the word solution..what string of word play..to make this pain..go away

[without needing./.to resort to the imputation..inherent in..amputation..
[to wit]..the hoo-who-lies low..[run-a-way/solution]..of one beloved..or the other..behoove..going..what will any of it prove?

one wins..one lost..to what cost
how many conversations..lost

[the not so easy..solution..of dying..
falling on..his sword/endless cliche'..etc

i dont blame hoolielow..for leaving..for all his skill..he too lacked.,..the words..to make the hurts go away..[worse is the stress this puts on..moderates..fighting off..our own..negative mind talk]

i should re-call..into..this missive..[without being overtly dismissive]that message..of entertaining..angels unaware[or of the enter-tainting demons..]

that feed back..our sub-limited/sublimed fear..
[its..a neat feedback..loop..is it our fears..they feed..or they feed our fears

our fears/hates/snipes are feeding demons..giving aid and comfort
to those despising our humanity..and niceness..by them..feeding back..into us our anger..as well as theirs

when death come..[the real one..not just like/what holio..just dun]..then the demons claim their own..by things we condone..to-do..as much as the angels and demons..we gave comfort too[we may type the words..but its their voice dicktating..it to us]..via our emotions..emissions..emotive permissions

how to tell my beloved..we enter-taint-demons
too..when no-one cares..resist the evil..outside..by resisting it first inside

ok..johan..you happy..now
and what did that achieve..nothing..you are what you think
think anything..and more of the same..is a given..[assured]

much more of the same..we go insane..
[or take the who-lie/low absolution/sol-ution]..
resolution..cutting off nose..to spite face..take that face

that we do..to the..least..[of our..other selves]
[we do to..the most]..the lord of us all.
Posted by one under god, Monday, 21 October 2013 5:30:20 AM
todays..reading/explains..much..
from/page55
http://miraclevision.com/acim/urtext/acim-urtext-2003-upe-ready-edition.pdf

seeing..the body..as the Temple
alters..part of..the misperception,..but..not all of it.

It DOES recognize,.however,..that the concept of addition or subtraction..in PHYSICAL terms..is not..appropriate.
But..the next step..is to realize..that a Temple..is not*..a building at all...Its REAL holiness..lies in the INNER altar,[heart-lovves]..around which*..the building..[body]..is built.*

The inappropriate..emphasis
which men..have put..on beautiful church BUILDINGS..is a sign of their own fear..of
Atonement,..and unwillingness..to reach the altar itself...The REAL beauty..of the Temple
cannot be seen..with the physical eye.
[The spiritual eye,.on the..other hand,.cannot see the
building at all,..but it..*perceives the altar..within*..with perfect clarity.

This is because the
spiritual-eye..has perfect vision.

For perfect effectiveness,..the chalice..of the Atonement belongs at the center..of the
inner altar,..where it undoes..the Separation,..and restores the wholeness of the Spirit.
Before the Separation,..the mind was invulnerable to fear,..because fear did not exist. Both
the Separation..and the fear were MISCREATIONS..of the mind,..which have to be undone.

This is what the Bible means..by the “Restoration of the Temple”.
It DOES NOT mean..the
restoration of the building,..but it DOES mean..the opening of the altar..to receive the/Atonement.

This heals the Separation,..and places within..*man..the one defense against all
separation-mind errors..which can make him perfectly invulnerable.
The acceptance..of the Atonement by everyone..is only a matter of time.*..In fact,..both
TIME..and MATTER were created..for this purpose,.

This appears..to contradict..free-will,
because of..the inevitability..of this decision.

If you review..the idea carefully,..you will..realize that this is not true...Everything is limited..in some way..by the manner of its creation.

Free will can temporize,..and is capable..of enormous procrastination...But it cannot depart
entirely*..from its Creator,..who set the limits on its ability to miscreate..by virtue of its own
real purpose.

The misuse of will..engenders a situation which,..in the extreme, becomes altogether..intolerable..Pain thresholds.can be high,.but they are not limitless...Eventually,.everybody
begins to recognize,..however dimly,.that there MUST be a better way.

As this recognition
is more firmly established,..it becomes..a perceptual turning-point. This ultimately..reawakens
the spiritual eye,..simultaneously weakening..the investment in physical sight..The
alternating investment..in the two types/or levels..of perception is usually experienced as..conflict..for a long time,..and can become very acute.

But..the outcome..is as certain as God.:)

The spiritual eye..*literally *..CANNOT SEE error,
and..merely looks for Atonement...[at-ONE-meant]
Posted by one under god, Monday, 21 October 2013 5:46:19 AM
just..to..be very clear here

the previous [post]..was jesus actual words*
when he confirmed..his total..awareness..of our every thought
[as revealed..by the intimacy..of his private conversations..with helen]..who transcribed it all..into text]..

despite her own..doubt..producing fears
[its all..in the text]..written..as it occurred..in real-time..all/the time]

read it..and note clearly*
the few earlier pages..affirming..
that we entertain..angels..as well as demons..UNAWARE*

helen..heard our lord christ's faint whisperings
it was she..[al-one]..who recorded..his every word
into the previous linked text..but..jesus is leaving..
or coming..but it seems no-one hears..he is always here.

so why..give into..mere men fears
jesus hear's..drop..any fears

when..the lover comes..the demons fears..hope our negative mindset..
drives him..away..[be wary..of comforting demons..unawares]..the texts reveal..the delusional..of fears..one ignores..or..the other hears
Posted by one under god, Monday, 21 October 2013 6:07:40 AM
otb,

Lol...

Bye
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 21 October 2013 8:59:41 AM
Cheers, Tony... A Bit of Fry and Laurie for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVkckG6zw6I

As always, KarlX, readers will decide for themselves whether your personal putdowns or my generalised allegories are within the acceptable standards of the forum.

"All I am trying to do is hold the forum to its own standards."

GrahamY has that Hurculean labour.

Your charge, "If you crave attention so much just come out and say "Hey chaps I need attention"." is baseless. I don't believe I have a greater ego than any poster here. But I find that statement reflective in the context of this thread in that it was you who came charging through the undergrowth of the commentary thumping your chest, if not a tub, as a self-appointed standards judge.

Again, others will make their own judgments of the forum. As has Houellebecq: "...your lack of any kind of charm or levity or stimulating ideas has made it all a very unrewarding experience"

It is called On Line Opinion not On Line Consensus, after all, so imperfection is going to be part of the mix. I have accepted mine... and yours. You do the same and then we might move on to one of your 'stimulating ideas'?
Posted by WmTrevor, Monday, 21 October 2013 9:04:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy