The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Government lies about crime statistics for assylum seekers.

Government lies about crime statistics for assylum seekers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Belly,
I see no bigotry in Phillip posting the criminal events which I accept on face value (like paul)

I can see the events are posted because the government has attempted to play down crime committed by asylum seekers

Quote >>A department spokeswoman said that ''a handful'' - or five or less - had been charged with a crime. This equates to just 41.32 people per 100,000 people.<<

So Phillip, I commend you for keeping and posting thes events. How easily we forget daily news items.

I also add that ALL the illegals have committed a crime merely by arriving in Australian waters without a valid visa. So they are all alledged criminals and that is the only reason we can hold them in detention. We cannot, and do not, detain arrivals who have a valid visa.

The simple fact is that the 'illegals' are shonks who deliberately set out to deceive our immigration authorities and gate crash our country by coming over the back fence. Advocates keep trying to paint them in a better light to win public approval, but they are not nice, honest law abiding people.

Belly, you are right to label them 'invaders' as that is exactly what they are.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 2 March 2013 8:40:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Banjo - thanks for that.

Belly - I would like to remind you of something you have now posted at least 2 to 3 times on various threads.
Quote "Philip s it has been my intention to avoid you and you heated posts from your first day here."

"Bigotry" - one of your snide, childish comments by that standard that means all your posts involve Bigotry on your part to Labor.

Paul1405 - Quote "I do however notice in your crime statistics a lack of general crime, armed holdups, home invasions, car thefts etc."
Don't forget most of these refugees have only been released in the past 6 months give it time they will happen, they are a more planned crime rather than the sexual opportunistic crimes.

Detention center crimes are not to be excused as the minister said "they should be demonstrating they are of good behavior"

rehctub - Quote "Why stop at asylum seekers, why not look at crime as a whole in Australia and find out just what percentage of (serious crimes) are committed by natural born Australians."
What do you think the Government statistics are, only problem for your argument is not that all the people in those figure will not be Australians.
here are the figures "in 2010-11, the last time it compiled national crime data, the ABS reported that police launched proceedings against 371,040 offenders, or 1896 people per 100,000 people"

Also your comparison about asylum seeker crimes to indigenous crimes IS CRAZY in any country the number of indigenous offenders will outnumber foreign offenders.
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 2 March 2013 11:59:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
RECHTUB I FORGIVE YOU!
I understand.
Some one said it before me but here gos, dad forgive him he does not understand what he says.
My shout but you just do not have a handle on much at all.
The word got out Howard had gone and the refugees did the bolt!~
Heading for our Aussie home.
They brightened up even more when Rudd opened the door.
And while the greens controlled the senate.
And Abbott could stand in the way, no answer no solution was even on the table.
BLOKE! it will not happen, but if the Labor Gillard wreckage, along with the protest party, greens rechtub, held back Abbott stopping the boats?
Bet you would share my view then.
*Elected governments should be allowed to govern.
NO, not getting away with it rechtub, if your government hangs on the vote of Katter and his senator, you will soon say minority government is honorable.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 2 March 2013 3:15:34 PM
Belly - What happened you failed again to reply, seems you are quick to criticize and cast aspersions on people BUT you fail to be able to follow up your remarks when challenged.
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 2 March 2013 4:15:07 PM
Paul 1405>> I do however notice in your crime statistics a lack of general crime, armed holdups, home invasions, car thefts etc. This lack of general crime amongst asylum seekers indicates to me that possibly given the chance many of these people could make decent members of our society.<<

Paul for the majority of crimes you mentioned including the drive by shootings in Sydney every second day you have to refer to the Middle Eastern Crime Squad...they can give you the stats.

Yes Paul we are importing such decent members of society that we have dedicated ethnic crime squads for them.
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 2 March 2013 7:02:56 PM
when the Treasurer has trouble counting you could hardly expect accurate reporting or statistics on crime from those Mr Rudd/Ms Gillard encouraged to come here.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 2 March 2013 7:09:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy