The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Oliver Stone - ' US has become an Orwellian State.'

Oliver Stone - ' US has become an Orwellian State.'

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Oliver Stone and Peter Kuznick have published a book and produced a ten part movie series entitled ' The Untold History of the United States'
http://rt.com/news/oliver-stone-us-orwellian-022/ Here you will see Oliver and Peter being interviewed by Abbey Martin.The dialogue is also all in print.

Peter and Oliver argue that our society with the conditioning of the media have short attention spans and make no connection with the truth in our history and the realities that are happening now.

Abbey Martin," The United States of Amnesia"

Peter Kuznick," If people don't understand their history,they have no vision for the future."

Oliver Stone." There are 1.7 billion messages per day intercepted by our intelligence sources.The US today spends as much on Military Intelligence as the rest of the world.We are ultimately watching ourselves in an Orwellian State."

So put some pressure on our ABC to air this ten part series by Oliver Stone and Peter Kuznick.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 27 January 2013 10:11:01 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To put in bluntly America is now a "police state" under the disguise of democracy.

Regrettably Australia follows America.

Dumb and Dumber.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 28 January 2013 2:51:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I've been waiting a long time for the Hollywood people to have the courage to make a stand and finally a giant amongst our story tellers does it.Well done Oliver Stone.

Not even people within my own family will believe how oppressive and dangerous our govts have become,yet when they see it portrayed on the big screen by the likes of Oliver Stone,the reality starts to sink in.

This demonstrates how conditioned people have become by the popular media.They are incapable of original thought and won't accept that their Govts can be so devious and ruthless.It is called cognitative dissonance,whereby our emotional attachments over ride logical thought.We don't want our comfortable world interrupted by unpleasant realities.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 28 January 2013 3:03:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"""
Not even people within my own family will believe how oppressive and dangerous our govts have become
"""

Oh they probably believe it, Arjay. They just don't want to know about it. People hate change and if they're alright jack then screw everyone else. It's their own fault for not being alright too.

I was just thinking about making a post about: At what point do people think their government is tyrannous?

I think the US is way past that point but fools here will tell you we live in the 21st century and that doesn't happen anymore. What a joke!

The gun debate has woken many to this fact I feel. This is not going to go down well for all of us!
Posted by RawMustard, Monday, 28 January 2013 3:16:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don't give up Rawmustard.Send an email or letter to the ABC and ask them to air this series.It took them almost 5 yrs to produce so it is worthwhile.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 28 January 2013 3:36:20 PM
The ABC is a waist of breath, Arjay. If it's that good and that enlightening, it will be all over the torrent sites before you know it, where all those that actually care will see it.

Those that watch the ABC will just pontificate till our ears bleed and nothing will change!
Posted by RawMustard, Monday, 28 January 2013 3:44:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy