The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Oliver Stone - ' US has become an Orwellian State.'

Oliver Stone - ' US has become an Orwellian State.'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Hi Arjay.

I read this: http://www.restoreaustralia.org.au/restore-power/#FSContact4

It's all wonderful and all, but where do the people get the upper hand on a rogue government? I know the plebs (Not a good way to describe sovereign citizens by the way! I don't consider myself a commoner, do you?) can initiate a referendum, but if a rogue leader is in place and has set himself up and just refuses to comply. What means do we have of disposing him? Where's our right to be equal and have the same ultimate power as the state? After all we are the masters not the ones we install to represent us!

It also carries on about the right of self defense and of property, but grants us no tools to carry out this right, do you think this is ok?
Posted by RawMustard, Tuesday, 29 January 2013 9:19:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rawmustard well some are at least trying.We may well have total economic/social collapse before we see real change.

It is very difficult for Obama to conduct wars of imperialism and have unrest at home.That's why he needs gun control.

Being independant is good but this rising fascism in the West will affect everyone.The people have always had the power but lack the awareness and co-ordination to effect change.

John Madigan also wants banking reform and that I endorse also.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 29 January 2013 10:08:33 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay,

I think you're living in false hope of things fixing themselves.
It's always been this way, it's just that some people are more aware of more things - many of which are probably untrue anyway.

The system as it stands can't be "fixed", it has to be rebuilt from the ashes of the old one when (or if) it finally collapses.

I'm not talking about or advocated any sort of "revolution" and I can't see any uprisings in the West - not while everybody is being fed and has shiny toys to play with.

However, if the US suddenly loses it's international oil dollar status its economy could conceivably collapse withing a matter of months, if not weeks. 80% of its total oil consumption is used domestically transporting food between processing and distribution centres and if they can't use their dollars to buy oil then people will start going hungry for the first time in their lives.
Imagine a lot of unemployed (and heavily armed) Americans - softened since the depression years and facing that situation.

I think there would be a change in currency or international bail-outs before we ever see that scenario.There's no real profit in local disputes, only in foreign ones.

Failing some sort of global catastrophe, like a stray asteroid strike or global pandemic I think it will be business as usual for a very long time yet.
Posted by wobbles, Wednesday, 30 January 2013 12:30:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
RM and Wobbles.Things won't fix themselves.Change will only come from the people.Our apathy,ignorance and fatalistic attitudes are a major source of that problem.

I probably won't see real change in my life time but like to think that our children will.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 30 January 2013 5:55:57 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That's because you're trying to fight and change a system that's been designed to thwart any attempt you make to change it.

The apathy,ignorance and fatalistic attitudes you see are a way for you to explain away your own blindness to the problem. These people are doing exactly what they want to do, they are the system. They don't want to change it. For them it's fine just the way it is.

The revolution you seek is in your own heart and mind. As I said to you before. Look in the mirror, determine what you want from life and just do it! Leave them behind for you're greater than them. The change you seek will only come by doing it yourself and set the example!

The means for you to do this are more available today then ever in our history. Pick up those tools and get to work buddy. You've got a lot of work ahead of you if you want your children to have a better world!

Stop expending your energy trying to fight blind, despotic, tyrannical, fools that will sabo you at every turn! Take the Red pill!
Posted by RawMustard, Wednesday, 30 January 2013 9:44:30 AM
For an example of why you can't fix it, Arjay. Here's a couple of excellent links to show you.

Read the Article here: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-29/farce-must-go-senate-suddenly-furious-eric-holder-allowing-banks-become-too-big-jail#comments

Then read the comments and in particular read this one!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-29/farce-must-go-senate-suddenly-furious-eric-holder-allowing-banks-become-too-big-jail#comment-3198044

Now tell me you have a hope in hell of changing the system!
Posted by RawMustard, Wednesday, 30 January 2013 10:23:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy