The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Religion do we need it?

Religion do we need it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 50
  11. 51
  12. 52
  13. All
Suseonline>> However, I don't understand how Muslim people affect anyone else's daily lives here in Australia Belly? There are so few Muslims in Australia, compared to other cultures, that I fail to see any impact by them at all really...<<

Suse, a toddler was supposedly stolen from her home through a window a few years back and the Moslem parents have just been to the Coroners Court on the issue. The mother is expecting her 13th child.....that is how Islam will be dominant.....look at Europe.

In fact Caucasians are dying out. Whites represent 15% of the globe and we are averaging 2.2 children per couple.

Suse, that a racial group becomes numerically dominant over another is not an issue. That they impose their culture and religions on others is, and that is the prime agenda of Islam.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 18 November 2012 9:59:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

How did our friend Jesus say: "if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off": If the story of creation causes you to sin - then cut it off!

That story was meant to draw you nearer to God, not to push you away from Him - so if it doesn't serve its purpose, then chuck it in the bin. If instead what helps you find and love God is evolution - then go, study and teach evolution!

Yes you are right, men invented crutches - if you no longer need them, or if you need new ones, then throw away the old ones. God bless you!

Dear Tony,

<<If there is nothing but God we're not heading towards God: we're already there>>

But ARE you? is this your own experience? For that time-being this for you is book knowledge (if you believe me in the first place): religion is what makes this your everyday reality, your own direct experience.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 18 November 2012 10:11:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>>But ARE you? is this your own experience?<<

Yes: It's sitting right next to me. And everywhere else as well of course.

>>religion is what makes this your everyday reality, your own direct experience.<<

No: I am not religious. Formal or informal, organised or disorganised, mainstream or marginal: all religions have a common defining feature which is a belief in the supernatural - in souls and spirit worlds and etheric vibrations and centaurs. It seems pretty obvious to me that this is all just stuff people have made up because people like to tell stories. Stories are nice but they aren't the same thing as reality.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Sunday, 18 November 2012 1:58:25 PM
This thread was never going to be easy.
Feelings on both sides are tightly held on to.
I as much as any one, let my feelings speak a one sided bias.
Maybe not.
I know much good has come from Christians, and take it for granted from any faith.
Today, by acedent, I heard a grumble that people talking politics or religion are rude? really, what is being hidden.
I believe we need a code to live by, but not all will chose to live by it, religion or law.
HOPE we need hope we will see our dead, and live again.
Even non-Christians [include every creed] think that some times.
Are the promises of eternal life and forgiveness , along with rules that threaten those who do not complie the reason we have religions?
Is the good unweighed by the bad.
I note we still have the Muslim influence, I started it.
But should we cringe in the corner? ignore sonofgloins words.
Is it OK 13 Children, and never worked from the day of arrival in this country?
Is it OK this is the normal thing?
And may I say without being branded racist, Girl Children in SOME Muslim homes suffer every bit as bad as the victims of the Catholic Church, every bit as evil and anti God too.
Last how dare we! no one wants to confront our opinions of every other God bar ours.
I have seen the rainbow serpent, you have too on a wet day, but no other God.
Christian God fought on both sides in ww1 he fought on most sides in every battle ever fought.
Are we afraid of standing alone?
Some one said all art came from God, some truely wonderful words and paintings songs and hims
Via however the hand and mind of man.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 18 November 2012 2:36:04 PM
Dear Tony,

<<all religions have a common defining feature which is a belief in the supernatural>>

That's not a prerequisite. If that disturbs your relationship with God, then either find a religion without this element, or start one yourself.

<<this is all just stuff people have made up because people like to tell stories. Stories are nice but they aren't the same thing as reality.>>

Indeed stories are not reality, but they help many at one stage or another to come closer to the reality of God and remove some obstacles on the way. If they don't serve you at this time, then simply don't use them.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 18 November 2012 3:15:53 PM
Sonofgloin <"Suse, that a racial group becomes numerically dominant over another is not an issue. That they impose their culture and religions on others is, and that is the prime agenda of Islam."

Gee, that sounds exactly like what happened to the Australian Aborigines, Native Americans, and Native Africans.... Only it wasn't Islam there was it?

Yuyitsu, your invisible person in the sky is your 'reality', not mine, and not for many others either.
Mankind may well have felt the need for sight unseen beings who they could 'pray' to with no result back in the good ol days, but most of us can now think for ourselves...
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 18 November 2012 4:47:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 50
  11. 51
  12. 52