The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Royal Commission should first investigate Special Commission of Inquiry

Royal Commission should first investigate Special Commission of Inquiry

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-12/abbott-backs-call-for-child-abuse-royal-commission/4367364

"I believe we must do everything we can to make sure that what has happened in the past is never allowed to happen again."

Doesn’t Australia say this a lot?

The result of the Special Commission of Inquiry into Child Protection Services in NSW actually recommended in 2008 that we place all our children that are in Out Of Home Care into the hands of NGO’s (Not-for-Profits and Charities). This is being implemented right now in NSW.

Although not in the spirit of moving forward (because that just leads to a whole lot of apologies); shouldn’t the Royal Commission look at why a Special Commission of Inquiry came to this conclusion?
Posted by The Pied Piper, Monday, 12 November 2012 7:42:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yes i feel all who covered anything up are as guilty
but untill govt changes the laws..we know its all just a joke.

we need laws federal laws..enforced federally..overseeing states laws[the joke]

anyone working with children must have more than full accountability and suffer real pain..till then its just more jobs for the boys.

we need lawfull protections for the victims here
we need full exposure..no secrets..i want to see this dead corpse bleed...not just further expose and hurt the innocent/till perverted.

as far as im concerned those who get these mongrels off are worse than the actual abusers..the lawyers are just too good at what they do..to innocents...

those making money from the sin..lawyers/judges
thats what really should be criminal..all such crimes must have minumum sentances..and the longer they 'got away with it'..the longer the jail time.

WHAT WE NEED IS REALLY GET TOUGH..federal law*
or its all revealed to be yet another sic* joke..[or worse red head spin.
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 13 November 2012 4:44:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks TPP we need to look at a culture of covering up for Churchs and others.
Even police, I share your love of kids and the thought one of those I helped get a start had to suffer this would hurt.
I told of the little girl life ruined by her own dad, not knowing two others would appear the same story.
Time for our country to ask why so many say we do not need to investigate this.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 13 November 2012 4:51:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That last little thread I had about the Loving Dad’s Year of Torment… falsely accused etc Belly. I guess that is the other side of the coin, you get it wrong there is much harm caused. Much indignation and hurt and apparently the irresistible urge to spread the harm to the kids you claimed not to have harmed in the first place. Arrgghh!

I think the last inquiry got it very wrong suggesting all the children go to NGO’s. But if I had a dozen things I wanted to hide I would put them in 12 different places as well, and that is my problem with NGO’s in foster care (the most vulnerable children they reckon in society).

But the last inquiry into what was all going wrong with DoCS decided lets scatter the children and lets not fix DoCS (now FaCS) let’s just change their job description and instead of looking too closely at the harm the charities and not-for-profits have caused throughout history along with the cover-ups we’ll give them even more children (the aforementioned vulnerable ones remember) and all during a time where more apologies were being handed to the last generation of children (see “vulnerable) they abused. AARRGGHH!

I guess this was the vent I was heading towards OUG.

Are “apologies” and “Royal Commissions” like “Wars” – do they get a politician more votes if they begin one?
Posted by The Pied Piper, Tuesday, 13 November 2012 6:26:24 PM
I can't believe we are wasting millions, just to find out what we already know.

This grubby practice has been going on for decades, in fact, my late father spoke of it happening while at boys school, 1930's.

They (churches) are a law to themselves.

A confession fixes everything. Apparently!
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 13 November 2012 6:32:03 PM
You are right about that rehctub.
Catholics believe that all sins can be forgiven by a God, and thus if a clergyman rapes a child, he can ask for forgiveness in the confessional each and every time he abuses a child.
. All this with the added 'bonus' of his confession never being reported to the police because of the 'sanctity' of the confessional!

If any lay people get wind of the paedophile clergy men's 'activities', well that's ok also, because they can just be moved far away to another parish where the unsuspecting new prey won't know about him until too late.

A veritable paedophile paradise really.

They should have started this royal commission with the Catholic Church....
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 13 November 2012 7:37:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy