The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > American Gun culture

American Gun culture

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Hi there CSTEELE...

Em, an interesting proposition. The mere fact that they've chosen NOT to licence their F/A's, is in itself a crime, I'm afraid.

I'm talking generally, not specifically. However, I'll not be pedantic about the issue. Nor will I state what the stats from the Institute of Criminology reveal either.

I'm not entirely sure why some folk (mainly male) feel a need to illegally harbour a F/A. If caught, that individual will lose his or her good fame and character just to prove what a stupid decision PM Howard made, post Port Arthur.

This 'blokey' attitude, '...no bastard's going to take away my bloody gun, I've been shootin' since the year dot...' or similar ! Mate, I just don't get it, I really don't.

If they want a gun, all they've gotta do, is get legal, that's all.

There again CSTEELE, I'm just a dumb ex 'Jack', what would I know ?
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 4 September 2012 11:24:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear o sung wu,

As a person who had numerous firearms as a teenager I'm not sure I might not have been tempted to get my hands on a AK47 whatever its legality. The problem is some of us never grow up. My cousin who is now a state policeman certainly had some questionable weaponry in his time. I recall being quite jealous of an Italian automatic shotgun of his complete with pistol grip and removable stock.

Therefore I do sort of get it plus the thrill of getting away with something illegal but most of us mature. Some however do get left behind.
Posted by csteele, Wednesday, 5 September 2012 12:48:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wo welcome we do not see enough of you.
As you would know police are closer to us in small community, friendship some times survives their transfer to other areas.
And playing football with them in many country towns tightens the tie.
So I agree and understand your view.
I think we both know there are some real ferrels out there, along with good folk who are just hot headed.
Again civilization needs, compromise.
I think we should, while understanding it, leave the imported gun culture in our country, for another thread.
But consider, in my view understand, America would be so much better if it took on our laws not the miss placed cowboy/red under the bed culture.
I put extreme concern even fear in the imported gun/criminal /separate culture, if some one cares to start a thread I will come.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 5 September 2012 6:11:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I just love this picture. It represents all that is U S of A!

http://www.mrtoledano.com/the-united-states-of-entertainment/07

http://www.mrtoledano.com/the-united-states-of-entertainment/08
Posted by Houellebecq, Wednesday, 5 September 2012 1:18:34 PM
Thanks for the links H cheered me up no end.
Nice to see sporting shooters/hill billy,s at work.
Wounder if I could buy the car?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 5 September 2012 1:39:42 PM
Hello there CSTEELE...

You're quite correct. It is a case of maturity, and I don't think there's a bloke amongst us who's not engaged in a bit of mischief at one time or another. Not only with guns, but cars, women, money and all the other alluring diversions a young man must ultimately confront during the passage of his life.

And with that maturity, comes a little more wisdom, and with that added wisdom, comes a deeper clarity of what the outcomes of this behaviour may be, should he persist with this type of injudicious conduct...?

Don't get me wrong CSTEELE, I've nothing against F/A's per se., and I must admit, I did enjoy a bit of 'plinking' from time to time with negligible regard, to ensuring I was sufficiently distanced, from a; house, hut, shop, tent, public place, ad nauseam...? And as you say, most of us (hopefully) mature.

Cheers...Sung Wu.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 5 September 2012 6:06:31 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy