The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Low productivity and safety are linked

Low productivity and safety are linked

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Raw Mustard drive interstate trucks do you?
Well said Anthonyve!
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 20 June 2012 6:03:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Anthony. Actually very funny. Just remember one man's bullsh!t is another man's manure ...
Posted by scribbler, Wednesday, 20 June 2012 6:05:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hm, it is an interesting topic to talk about. I think that security and productivity are linked in a more "unconscious" way too. After all it is the employers duty to make sure that his or her employees are safe when working and it should be the aim to do the best possible. But not only for the physical safety. I guess that the employee's knowledge about the employers reliability, willingness, responsibility gives them a feeling of respect, mutual respect even. Taking other branches which are well paid and receive high acclaim in society, for example the watch manufacturers working for Frank Muller, available at http://www.chrono24.com, this becomes especially clear. This high end technology requires a good education and safety in the manufacturing locations.
Posted by josephine, Wednesday, 20 June 2012 6:25:07 PM
Nice attempt to defame me again Belly, you are such a toss!

Get this, miners turn up for work, remembering, mines only employ EXPERIENCED PEOPLE then, before a stone is turned, they have a safety induction.

Then, they have smoko, you guessed it, another induction, just incase these EXPERIENCED WORKERS have forgotten what they were told two hours ago.

So, lunch is over, you guessed it, yet anoth safety induction, just incase these EXPERIENCED WORKERS have forgotten what they were told twice already today.

So it afternoon break, yep, you guessed it, another induction for these EXPERIENCED WORKERS, just incase they have forgotten what they were told three times today.

So, off they go back to camp, that's after another safety induction of cause, before turning up tomorrow to go through the same stuff for the twentieth time this roster, just icase these EXPERIENCED WORKERS have forgotten what they have been told, day in day out, week in week out.

Yep, safety is certainly not to blame for poor productivity, as these are all EXPERINCED WORKERS, otherwise they simp,y wouldn't have got a start.

It's a shame they also appear to be very slow learners.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 20 June 2012 6:50:50 PM
@ Belly

No I work for a living unlike some.

Do you know what's required to cut a hole in a wall in a government building where union parasites abound?
Do you know what certificates, jsa's you need just to enter a room?
Do you know who, how many have to complete several inductions before entering the premises?
Do you know how many people need to check each and every person involved in said work?
Do you know how long it takes just to get your damn extension lead checked and tagged, let alone your other tools"
Do you know how much some of these highly skilled (Actual working) people cost?

Have you ever done any work in these places in the last 5 years?

I bet you think everyone sits on their fat ass all day waiting for the government to throw them some scraps.

Come on smart ass tell me what it takes to punch a hole in a wall in a government building full of union parasites?
Posted by RawMustard, Wednesday, 20 June 2012 7:53:11 PM
Anthonyve has put it just perfectly in perspective in his first two posts.
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 20 June 2012 9:52:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy