The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Low productivity and safety are linked

Low productivity and safety are linked

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
The government is saying our productivity is too low.

Well, what do they expect, the amount of safety inductions performed each and every day are killing a decent days work.

In fact, there is a new saying in the mining industry, it's called GREEN TAPE, and is sinking the industry with over regulate compliance.

Now while I accept safety is a concern, seriously, how many ti es must one be told the same thing.

I am affraid productivity has gone by the way side for many, just like a good hard days work.

Until this changes, productivity must remain low.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 2:19:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rechtub! sorry but your post/thread is enough evidence to convict you of?
Let others tell you.
You seem to think pointing out the pure stupidity of SOME of your thoughts is picking on you.
Is every thing going ok mate? not feeling down?
See you on a thread that makes sense.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 2:39:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub, the bottom line is that we manufacture nothing because our sovereign right to impose a tariff on cheaply produced imports was taken away from us with the signing of the Lima Agreement, we just cannot compete. It was signed by the then governing Labor party with the full support of the Liberal cross benches. It is a U.N. protocol that lays down a plan to move manufacturing from the first world to the second and third worlds gradually over a forty year period. The forty years are up and we produce nothing except baristas and service industry plebs.
As for the rest, we are in a nanny society that was engendered by the Fabian society by placing bleeding hearts in our public service and governing bodies.
I know Belly doesn’t faze you, so don’t mind his comment about stupidity and you getting the poops if someone calls you stupid. Belly sooked because I said his intellect is not up to grasping facts, so he is certainly not one who can throw stones.
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 5:23:29 PM
Yes, Belly doesn't wish to admit to facts especially when unions are involved.

Thefasts are our productivity is so bad, that most workers now have an observer.

Also, all these safety officers are on huge dollars and in real term, don't turn a single stone. There is also this huge influx of experts, most of which have achieved their degree via a multiple choice Internet course.

If these government officials would simp,y open their eyes, they would see how ridiculous this issue has become and perhaps save us a few million on yet another enquiry/forum that this government appears to revel in.

Again, I must stress, I am not opposed to safety, but seriously, we have simply gone too far.

Of cause, labor are pro safety overload, as it helps the job numbers.

BTW, Belly doesn't phase me as I grew up with a pro unionist as a dad. Loved him to deat, but never agreed on that issue.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 6:49:29 PM
Stop all this chit-chat and get back to work!

If you don't like it there's plenty more people out there who would be happy to do even more and get paid less.
Posted by wobbles, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 7:17:39 PM
I blame the Carbon Tax. They told us it would lower productivity, and see it's happened!

The Carbon Tax is so bad it even talking about it lowers productivity.
It's not safe...
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 8:41:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy