The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The way we calculate employment is over due for an overhaul.

The way we calculate employment is over due for an overhaul.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Governments, both current and former, have been able to fudge the unemployment figures for too long now and I recon it's about time we had a shake up, so the real numbers can be publicized.

There are literally tens of thousands of workers who have lost their jobs in recent months, yet, our government keeps telling us our numbers are great.

Try telling this to one of the many, who have lost their jobs, yet can't find another one, despite the fact that we have sectors that are apparently screaming for staff.

Go ahead and kick me if you like, but It's a joke, and it's about time for a change.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 29 May 2012 2:21:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I couldn't agree more rehctub.
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 29 May 2012 11:06:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What is needed is for this to be taken to the paliment and delt with, by both parties, so as to avoid any political point scoring.

The last thing we need is for the opp of the day, capitalizing on the higher unemployment figures that would result from publicizing the 'real' numbers.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 30 May 2012 6:40:12 AM
apparently
2 houres work= full employment
govt beuro-rock-ratery..is just too damm clever..by half

lets get another issue clear here
we get income taxed on our wage
but we dont got wages tax

see income is money made
by no further value adding[like govt revenue..
or share or other forms of speculation/gambling/theft

wage isnt income
its wage..till you bank it..and get intrest[income][..on it]
so many little white deceptions..whats a few more..?

[treason!]
official malfeasance
tax by stealth..revenue raising[all forms of income]
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 30 May 2012 7:18:21 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I thought I read a couple of weeks ago that the Roy Morgan unemployed poll showed about 8.5% unemployement. This was because the ABS now counts work of 1 hour per week as "employed" Can anyone confirm this?
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 30 May 2012 7:39:31 AM
Agreed rehctub.More lies and deception.You only have to work 1 hr a week to be not included in the stats.There us much under employment that does not get a mention.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 30 May 2012 9:03:29 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy