The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Just shows how bad this government is.

Just shows how bad this government is.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Take it easy Bazz, you will end up in an early grave. You can probably find 500 such comments around. The treasury are responsible for debt control, and they are comfortable, they also have the breakdown of who owes what.
Posted by 579, Monday, 16 January 2012 1:58:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I always found it ironic that the late B.A. Santamaria - who Howard greatly respected and who Abbott idolised to the point he was known as "Santa's Little Helper" - admitted that he thought he was "too old to hate, but he hated John Howard for what he had done to the Country".
Not exactly a vote of confidence between Conservatives.

The fact will always be that despite what they may think of Gillard, the voters were very clear about what they thought of Howard when the opportunity came and it will probably happen to Gillard in a couple of years as well.

So what?

Howard's was looking like a one-term Government after his first term too and he was considered a dud. There were knives out for him to in the back room and it was only the Costello/Reith stand-off that kept his position safe. "Jackboot Johnny" was not seen to be achieving very much either.

At his first election as PM he lost the bulk of his majority (as well as sacking 8 Ministers along the way) and the ALP won more primary votes (listening Tony?) at that election. So much for the concept of "mandates" and "non-core promises".

Two years is a long time in politics, let alone a week.
Posted by wobbles, Monday, 16 January 2012 2:07:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
579, too late to worry about an early grave.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 16 January 2012 2:07:54 PM
579, they havespent over four years screaming from the roof tops that disaster is coming. Maybe they are right, but the evidence is slow in coming.
Posted by Flo, Monday, 16 January 2012 3:15:37 PM
Not liking or disagreeing with the PM, does not necessarily means that she is wrong. It only means that the government has different priories.
Flo,
There is an enormous difference between not liking someone & that someone influencing your life in a very negative way. Personally I find our PM lacking in charisma or whatever appeal some people have which makes them likeable. This however does not make me dislike her in the slightest degree, in fact I don't dislike her at all. My gripes is that I am being disadvantaged by what she & her gang are doing on a daily basis. John Howard made some bad social decisions but he was ok in an economic way. Gillard & co are undermining our social freedom & that's not good.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 19 January 2012 5:33:30 AM
Flo said;
they havespent over four years screaming from the roof tops that
disaster is coming.

Actually since 1956. Hubbard forecast 2000, so being just five or six
years out from that time is I think a pretty good effort.
It was firmed up in the 1990s by Colin Campbell & Kjell Aklett.

Actually it is now not forecasting but history.

It became apparent only in the rear vision mirror.
It appeared in 2007 when the number of defaults on US home loan
mortgages started increasing very noticeably.
The peak of all liquids was in July 2008 when oil reached $147 a
barrel and was followed by the GFC in September 2008.

Now it drags on while we wait to see how long the plateau lasts.

So the evidence has been here and obvious from about that time.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 19 January 2012 7:19:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy