The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Seventh boatload of aslyum-seekers in one week - Labor's border protection collapse.

Seventh boatload of aslyum-seekers in one week - Labor's border protection collapse.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. All
Is an open boarder really a "Labor" policy. It certainly is for the ratbag left, academia, & Lexi, but I very much doubt the majority of Labor supporters are that stupid.

I believe they can see the danger of this open slather as well as anyone, & want change, just as I do.

No this is a factor of a grasping Julia, controlled by Brown, & the rot set in motion by that fool Rudd.

Surely no one could forget little Ruddy, looking like a puppy dog waiting for a pat, from the academics he so desperately wanted to please, when he dismantled the successful boarder policy. You could see him wagging his psychological tail in anticipation. Like everything else about the man, it was more than a little nauseating to watch.

Julia is thrashing around pretending to look for an answer, but is not game to put up, or agree with, any suitable arrangement, for fear of Brown. Anyone who expects any better of her is a fool.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 9 December 2011 10:34:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
First, as always, I think Gillard is the wrong leader.
I think too Labor is comparing great achievements, with a dream the public will change their mind about her.
They will not.
However consider this thread, and our ramblings here in current open threads.
We, with little understanding, have let the hung Parliament, tear us apart.
How much evidence exists, on what basis, do we claim all politicians are crooks/useless?
And how will we glue this country back together under any form of government?
This issue rolls in contempt. I share it, for Labors past actions.
It is TAINTED! by the madness of minority's, who put love and concerns for refugees and those who pose as refugees first.
Blind to the impacts.
Yesterdays faults exist.
But High Court decisions have been made.
That change much, quite possible the Nehru thing is no longer possible.
Shadow Minister cloaks himself in the NEGATIVITY of Abbott.
It seems clear, a man who wants to use the Navy to turn these boats around at sea, is only using this issue.
He/ Our media/ his supporters, conveniently forget.
His Shadow Minister,explored the idea of? SENDING REFUGEES TO IRAN.
After my party is defeated, who will blame us if we became as negative as these ?
See SM in Sickys thread, intent on class warfare.
Our country is poorly served by Mr NO.
The rebuilding of trust, even understanding, politics is not as bad as Abbott paints it will take years to fix.
This problem?
Recall Parliament and fix it , find other issues to fight child like games do not bleed this country.
Doctor NO see who advises him in todays SMH.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 10 December 2011 3:34:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<<Seventh boatload of aslyum-seekers in one week>>

Well no doubt they are trying to beat the Christmas rush!

They would have already phoned through their orders (halal turkey etc)
for their Christmas Island festive lunch, and want to get there in time to scrub up for it.

But it does prove one thing: it ain't about push factors-- its all about pull factors.

A totally inept govt, and some nice little incentives of late:
"LABOR will begin moving at least 100 asylum seekers a month into community" [Nov 25th]

And, even the people smugglers have less to worry about:

"The federal government intends to fast-track the release of [those who claim to be] Indonesian minors being held in Australian jails on people-smuggling charges." [Dec 7]

All of which sends one very loud and clear message:
COME ON DOWN, HAVE WE GOT A GREAT DEAL FOR YOOOOU!
Posted by SPQR, Saturday, 10 December 2011 6:15:20 AM
Jay of Melbourne,

Whilst I cannot suggest a replacement, Democracy as we know it in this country has not served us very well in more recent times.

I had understood from an early age that Democracy would bring forth the best in a people and the nation as a whole. Something appears to have gone awry in Australia. I guess the blame must be laid squarely at the feet of the people and their attitudes. The politicians we have were put there by the people.

Look inwards to find fault, not outwards. What is out there is of our making.

Take it easy.

SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Saturday, 10 December 2011 8:42:27 AM
We all know that the "Loony Left" are part of the globalist capitalist system, that these stooges and shills, Messrs Rintoul, Casey et al are not genuinely opposed to anything the capitalists and growthers do, they're simply spokespeople for the system.
The only genuine resistance is coming from Nationalists and Traditionalists, we're trying to build bridges with like minded people of all races and nationalities while the Left and their globalist masters try to obliterate ALL tradition and ALL culture in ALL countries.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Saturday, 10 December 2011 10:05:53 AM
You are right Jay of melbourne.Labor also sucks up to migrants and illegals for votes.The boat people may only be the few extra votes they will get.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 10 December 2011 11:38:54 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. All