The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pressure our politicians for what is fair!

Pressure our politicians for what is fair!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I am sick to death of Morris Iemma and Peter Debnam throwing around promises they can’t keep. I believe that they should be pressured to address the question of procedural fairness in relation to the handling of complaints of neglect or misconduct against Government workers/departments?

The complaint handling process is set up to cover up and protect the Government at any cost. When this calculated process is used those that you allege are responsbile are expected and required to handle the complaints against themselves, and those in positions of higher power are expected by Law to accept whatever they are told and never ask questions or challenge.

They are all bound by a Code of Conduct that forbids them from publicaly anything negative about the Department or the Government. If they do they risk being destroyed, they loose their jobs and reputation.

There is Legislation in the Ombudsmans Act 1974 Section 31B (2) that says they are not permitted to 'ask questions about' allegations of PARTICULAR CONDUCT. Particular conduct is not defined in the Act but I was told by telephone by the Office of the Ombudsman and the Police Integrity Commission that they were not permitted to ask questions about moral misconduct, corruption or conspiracies to cover up? They didn't have the jurisdiction! It seems nobody has the jurisdiction. Government workers are totally protected by Law no matter what they do from having to be held accountable. No wonder people have taken to calling them "THEM!"

We need to devise a complaint handling process that aims to get rid of those that are failing in their duty of care at all levels as then the standards of services would improve without the need to spend too much money. At the moment it seems that the more incompetent and corrupt you are the more chance you have of being promoted instead of sacked.

Money isn't what makes the most difference, we need integrity and accountability. Money will just make some people richer, it doesn't necessarily change things for the better.
Posted by Jolanda, Tuesday, 20 March 2007 9:26:20 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
unless you make a choice for change you get what you get

talk is talk

my word is my word

so thats it

www.tapp.org.au
Posted by tapp, Tuesday, 20 March 2007 2:31:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As bad as both sides have been we are not going to see another party come to the leadership roll.
Labor will win another term, and we may just get a better government from it.
The ALP leader will if re elected have for the first time a mandate to put new faces on front bench seats, he will do so fast in my opinion.
I think we should again and again ask what has happened to Australian Liberalism?
A very real chance exists that a split within Liberal ranks may be the birth place of the next party with momentum in Australia.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 20 March 2007 4:32:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
you think its a win no you are wrong

it is just a protest no win

people change from one protest vote to the other now they have a choice now that would be a win

A big win for the people and not just party's with party mentality.

that is what you do not wish to see. No win just a protest nothing more.

www.tapp.org.au
Posted by tapp, Tuesday, 20 March 2007 5:19:17 PM
Tapp I am unsure if your last post was aimed at me? who ever wins on Saturday I can not bring myself to see it as a protest vote.
Those who vote other than the 2 main party's may be put into the protest vote bag.
But to what end? is it likely other than in the upper house those elected by protest votes can change anything?
Some very marginal people have found a seat in upper houses and I doubt many have support of even near most voters.
Labor if elected must get back on track, I expect they are planning already to do just that.
Conservatives owe it too Australia ALL Australians to stop the bitter internal fighting that has taken the Liberalism out of them, and put extreme right in the deck chairs on the titanic.
If in this environment small parts and independents can not make great inroads we can rest assured they never will.
I will vote ALP in NSW this weekend.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 21 March 2007 5:05:08 AM
Betty, the ALP are crooks. For over 12 years what they have done is spent our taxpayers money on setting up a system that ensures that anybody who complains pays the price and public servants/Government representatives who fail in their duty of care are protected and promoted.

The investigatory bodies have together fine tuned the process to ensure that you cant win or ever have an issue dealt with properly. They have Legislation in place that means that they cannot ask questions about bias, misconduct or corruption. The whole thing stinks. IN the Ombudsman's website there are sections in relation to how Public Servants can protect themsevles against complainants. All they need to do is discredit the complainant and close the matter internally. It can never be opened again. The Ombudsman is supposed to serve all the people, not just public servants.

I have yesterday receieved a response from the Ombudsman to my formal complaint lodged last year in July 2006. They only ever 'respond to complaints' with the information they are told and then close the matter. There is no investigation that takes place and they are required to believe everything that they are told by their own people, no matter what. It is irrelevant if the evidence you provide shows what they say as lies because they are not allowed to question it.

You have nowhere to go to get procedural fairness and justice. The system is corrupted and the process has been designed for that purpose and Labor is just scum, they dont care about children.

It is just so wrong and unfair and needs to be changed. The little people should also have access to justice. Does anybody know how to challenge the Ombudsmans, or are they seen as some sort of God?
Posted by Jolanda, Wednesday, 21 March 2007 6:29:10 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy