The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Somalia Buries Its Dead From Starvation.

Somalia Buries Its Dead From Starvation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 21
  12. 22
  13. 23
  14. All
Lexi,
I agree with your sentiments, but there are a lot more items you might have included in your list. Fat westerners living in mansions, for instance, and organ transplants while people die of dirty water and starvation. What about the millions in the beauty and fashion industry too? And on and on it goes.
I agree with All too, that welfare, its extent, in rich Western countries is detrimental to the recipients. But it's horses for courses. So long as we have the spectacle of the filthy rich, "poverty", the counterpoint, has to be commensurate to maintain order. It's the price the wealthy have to pay. You'd think it was a pound of flesh!
Posted by Squeers, Saturday, 30 July 2011 5:53:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If the NWO has its'way millions more will suffer a similar fate.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 30 July 2011 6:22:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Squeers,
many times I have been ridiculed for suggesting that instead of wasting hundreds of thousands of Dollars on TV shows featuring some indisciplined obese slob losing fat, we should send them to those countries to lose weight.
A lot cheaper for us taxpayers & less boring idiotic TV. Even just working on a cattle station for a year in a National Service situation would sort out many obese.
I think these starving communities should be asked if they would accept birth control & if yes, we could send in equipment & personnel to help but we should not do anything that they can do. I guarantee that far less suffering would be achieved within a couple of years.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 30 July 2011 6:34:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I doubt many people in Somalia will be thinking about contraception at a time when the basics of living are so scarce. Their religious beliefs (mostly Muslim I believe) aren't going to change anytime soon.

I am all for food drops, and not sending money that can be taken by corrupt officials or militants, but it would be a bottomless pit of giving unless there are ongoing ways provided for them to eventually feed themselves.

To my mind, we should be going to war against the Somali militants/rebels and at least get the country safely open for more aid that can be distributed by us rather than corrupt officials.
Posted by suzeonline, Saturday, 30 July 2011 6:39:45 PM
Dear Squeers,

My concern at present is with the worst famine to hit
Africa in 60 years. The need for help is dire. There is
no water - the drought is having a devastating effect,
leaving pastures barren, water resources dry, and livestock
starving.
People are starving and dieing. They need immediate
help. UNICEF is organising a campaign of immediate
assistance. If you're interested you can look up the
following:

http://www.unicef.org.au/Donate/One-off-Donation/
East African Emergency Appeal.

Or you can call - 1300-884-233 for more infromation.

Dear Individual,

UNICEF and other concerned organisations are doing all
that they can to help this terrible situation.
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 30 July 2011 6:48:30 PM
Dear Suze,

Some help is getting through - we've watched it
on film. Food is being given out, as is water.
However it's not clear how much of it
is getting through - clearly its not enough to feed
the many thousands needing help. You've made an excellent point
that pressure should also be applied on the corrupt government
and officials. Still, as a journalist commented - "If
we give - some of it will get through. If we don't
give - people will die!"
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 30 July 2011 6:58:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 21
  12. 22