The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Christmas Cards

Christmas Cards

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All
if its only sending a card...once a year
i fail to see xmass as being more important than their birthday

so the rule of thumb..if you dont care about their body
why make the effort on their soul

business is different
any excuse for them to remember you
[and its tax deductable]

what is the reason...seems to be important
if its hoping to get lots of returns...that reasoning seems wrong

if your buying those charity cards..and just want to impress others about how benevolent to others you are..[again this seems wrong]
better to just make a donation..telling them to send the cars themselves.;..maybe even give them some extra for postage

xmass is a time..for thinking
for remembering..[not to be rememberd]
on this day we saw..the birth of jesus..who brought the new law
[love god by loving neighbour]...

our messiah then went on to reveal..judgment day a lie..by conquring death..telling even a thief on a cross..beside him..this day..he too will be in heaven

he further rebutted the concept of judgment 'day'
or else he couldnt have come back..on the 3 rd day

mostly this is about family
reaching out and touching someone

or mending bridges..with a card..
or saying im thinking of ya today

or im thinking of you too...mum

i know..not returning a xmass card..ends the cycle

there is no right or wrong in this,..
do as your heart tells you
allways let your conscience be your guide
Posted by one under god, Friday, 17 December 2010 7:27:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen:

Great advice! By all means stay in contact. I'd lost contact with a dear friend and quite by accident I found them on the web and sent an email. Lo and behold I got a reply, and now we're in touch again - it's as if time stood still. We've taken up where we left off - Oh What a Feeling!

Johan (OUG):

It is only once a year - isn't it? So yes. I say make the effort!
It's well worth it! As I've just discovered!
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 17 December 2010 7:54:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I send cards to people interstate or overseas only.
I see no point in sending them to people I see regularly.

I also see no point in sending religious cards at all, because a baby's supposed birth 2000 years ago means nothing to me.

I like the holidays and am happy to celebrate good times!
Posted by suzeonline, Friday, 17 December 2010 10:14:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suzeonline that cost me Friends.
Sending non religious cards.
Mums youngest sister a great lady took offense at my card a local beach scene ,nothing bad about it.
It wished every one well said how much I wished mum had lived to see my home and she never spoke to me again.
Seems God is displeased with any joy not related to him.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 18 December 2010 4:47:43 AM
Merry Christmas beautiful Lexi, your family are extremely lucky to have you in their lives.

I love your story Belly! That has given me a great laugh for the day! No seasons greetings allowed for that particular little lady Belly LOL.

One batch in 47 years I have despatched, no wonder everyone gave up on sending me any each year for the past ten years LOl! I would have loved receiving your beach card!
Posted by we are unique, Saturday, 18 December 2010 10:29:47 AM
Sorry Graham I am a bit slow off the mark this year. In fact I've only just filled out my Christmas cards this very afternoon. Unfortunately, I seem to have misplaced your address, so you'll just have to accept my seasons greeting through this medium.

Practically everyone on my Christmas card list are those who I rarely see with the exception of one very good friend, although I must confess to waiting to the last week to see if anybody has dropped me from their list.

The cards I send are usually those deemed to be neither religious or overtly the other way and usually consist of store-bought ones with cheap drawings of Christmas bells, Santas and elves. That kind of thing, although if I happened to pick up some religious cards, it wouldn't bother me to send them. After all, they're simply pieces of cardboard that more than likely get tossed in the bin at the end of the season......or before!

If only I wasn't such a recluse and saw my friends more often, then I may not bother with cards, but sometimes the people who receive my cards don't see me for years at a time, so a simple Christmas card at least lets them know I'm still alive. When I finally do drop off the perch, that missing Christmas card might be the only hint to say I'm gone. I'll be one of those types who are found months after my death, just a bit of dry parchment over a frail skeleton :-)
Posted by Aime, Saturday, 18 December 2010 6:12:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy