The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > In our opinion

In our opinion

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All
We all have opinions, sometimes based on what we know or think we do.
Some opinions come from some thing we read on the paper our fish and chips came in.
We each of us, value our opinions, what is it that lets us all stick to our views.
Well we do not.
We learn from others opinions and evolve little by little, often turning our opinions right around.
Like Arthur the Fonz we humans find it hard to say I was wrong.
Even harder to stop having opinions, if ever we stop thinking differently I think humanity will stop learning and be in real trouble.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 2 November 2010 6:13:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
your,..best post ever...
yes its great..we all have differing..intrests..
and hold firm opinions..based..on our experiences..derived..from them

and then..in the next/moment....prove
we're..only huh?-man...and change*.. them

i know..i have...many*..times
[i blame?/..credit..you amoung others...lol]

its funny...but also great

one can only*..enjoy...that we..are able*..to change
[as change...is the one constant]..

anyhow...here is..another change*

a short-post..from me

cheers...br-other
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 2 November 2010 9:20:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,
Yes we all have opinions, and in my opinion uog is a pain in the bum, as he/she writes posts in his/her own code and others have to waste time trying to decipher them.

I don't try now, I just ignore them.

I also wonder when you will change your opinion and agree that the much softer approach by your beloved Labor government has resulted in the influx of boat people and is responsible for the deaths of about 170 of those trying to get here. Wheres the compassion in that!
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 2 November 2010 11:02:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
dont be..*destracted..by ban-jo
reply..the topic..people

the mess-age...!
not..the messenger

ok thats..my opinion
wrote..

why..you bother..ban-jo?

opinions..are like buttt/holes
we all..got one

feel better...now?
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 2 November 2010 11:30:35 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course we will always have opinions. Our thinking has gotten that advanced now, it's sometimes an issue to actually not think. I used to say, I wish I never knew any better, because, if I didn't know any better, then I wouldn't know what I was missing out on.

See in the little secluded villages, where there is no technology, no outside influences, the villagers live such a simple life. No stress, just the day to day things. They don't worry about their future, just let life take place naturally.

Here on the other hand, we seem to think and worry about all the little things. The more complex you are, the more stress you get. Stress about a little crease in your shirt, the dirty looks you get, the things people say, money, the suffering of others you hear in the news. We have these feelings because we are compassionate creature with advanced senses and thinking.

What some of us forget, is although we life in a developed country, there is still so much we should be grateful for. Technology and information for one, and how our lives have become more manageable thanks to all of what is around us. Furniture, transport, supermarkets, electricity, etc.

Can you imagine if we suddenly lost all of that? Can you survive then? Be self-sufficient? Compete with the rest of society to survive, without all what we have now.

Life is great! We only have once chance to life it, so I hope you live your life to the fullest, the way you choose to life it. :) Now think about that for a change...

Enjoy Melbourne Cup Day everyone!! :)

Wisdom is the knowledge to understand why things are, how the are. -E.T.
Posted by jinny, Tuesday, 2 November 2010 11:31:55 AM
Well Banjo I want to pat one under God on the back.
His posts are very much better and like myself he has tried hard to make it so.
Jinny, you have wisdom too in that post, let me share this, stress has been with me all my life.
Some times, few want to admit this, the black dog kept us both company.
It never stopped me being me.
My best asset always was the need to do better.
Opinions, like grains of sand on the beach are never ending.
Bazz, adds to my idea we value our own more than others.
Bazz no defense, my party's policy's lead to more boat people.
I know that, you charge us with those deaths? uncharitable and unwise Howard bought about far more.
Do I want boats to stop? yes but Australia , massively, is better than you from one side and I from the other are.
We are not sending the Navy out to sink them, our opinions seem wrong here.
Opinions, ideas thought drive us on wards forever no change can come without opinions right and wrong.
I invite posters to add any stated ideas that have been proving right or wrong by the passing of time.
And offer the opinion that any thing that could be invented had been made two century's ago or was it one?
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 2 November 2010 3:25:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy