The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why it is how it is

Why it is how it is

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
We spend so much time questioning ourselves.. we question why? Since we can remember. Why our existence, why life, why now? This forum has thought me a lot. I know how forum works. It is full of people discussing theories, they argue with each other about their beliefs.

Humans spend so much time complaining about everything. Politics? Why don't you take the job. The politicians are doing their jobs. It is their purpose in life. Because, they will be the cause for evolution in our society. It is never an easy job, but a job nevertheless.

We don't appreciate, we complain. We live in a good place, in a good era. We have technology that aids us, it helps in our daily lives. Some stranger tried to tell me yesterday about conspiracy theories.. He blames it on nano technology. Blah blah blah.. studied it for 15 years, etc... another guy blames in on Christianity. Now what puzzles me, is why we as humans, need to always have a source to put blame on?

All the secrets to the mysteries have been written down. They are in many religious books. Written by those who found out the secrets. When you read those lines, the verse, you need to understand them completely, and accept it. Then you will accept life as it is.

We are here, to make our world a better place, just to corrupted to realize it. We evolved into the superior species so we can help the rest. It all started from one cell.

Sorry for posting. Any feedback is appreciated.
Posted by jinny, Wednesday, 20 October 2010 6:36:06 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Much of what you say is true jinny. We have become complainers as is demonstrated by the growing cynicism in politics and the like. Some of it is merited and if people don't complain or try to make a difference in some way in their communities, nothing will change. But we are a lucky country in comparison to many others, and perhaps those who complain just want to maintain what we have achieved and improve on what we have (albeit there will never be a consensus on what is good and what is bad).

Religious books don't hold the answers for everyone. As well as the good bits, other aspects of those religious texts disenfranchise or demonise other human beings and let's be honest these books are written by very real 'human beings' who wrote them in a particular time within a particular cultural mindset. But that is the view of an Atheist and it won't marry with the true believers.
Posted by pelican, Wednesday, 20 October 2010 8:07:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
jinny,
Don't be sorry for an excellent post. I asked similar questions recently as while traveling in Thailand i noted the relative contentment of the people and that their standard of living was not the third world version i had expected.
I suspect the answers are complex and probably beyond my limited knowledge of the social fabric. The thing that stands out to me the most is that here in Australia we seem to live in fear. Not like people who live under dictatorships like in Burma, but a fear of the future and most of all loosing what we have.
This is expressed in many ways such as our disillusionment with politicians, suspicion of immigrants and deep distrust of certain religious groups. Where the real problems lie i can only speculate. In my own life escaping high density populations has made an enormous difference to how i live. Not having television has removed the constant hammering of news and current affairs and a much more simple lifestyle has helped me lower my stressed levels.
I can not say this would help everyone, but i notice when visiting friends in western Sydney how their views of events are dictated by their favourite news show and despite offering more information they are determined the six o'clock news must be right. The density of population is intense which seems to lead to much conflict and their understanding of people and places outside their own area is poor. They even thing people on the north shore are different and strange.
Personally i think much of our problem is that we have grown our cities too large to quickly and created a lot of misunderstandings and confusion throughout it's people. Poor infrastructure in these cities have caused over crowding of roads and public transport, as well as seen a deterioration in educational facilities and health systems across the board, we see this as an attack on our standard of living.
Posted by nairbe, Wednesday, 20 October 2010 12:03:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"We are here, to make our world a better place"

Quite the opposite: The world is here to make us better individuals: we are eternal, while the world is only incidental.

The world is not meant as an end for itself, it is there to facilitate us learning and growing while we come here as guests. Had the world been "perfect" in itself, it could not serve its purpose as training-ground, which it does so perfectly already - so why talk about improving it?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 20 October 2010 2:00:16 PM
There's nothing at all wrong with complaining. There's so many injustices in the world, both small and big, that to not complain would be wrong. Also remember that one person's injustice can be another person's nirvana. Therefore almost nothing in this world can be accurately measured in black and white terms.
Posted by samsung, Wednesday, 20 October 2010 3:40:40 PM
Not everyone complains, I don't complain, most times. I say live and let live, One thing that puts me off side is when someone tries to push their religious beleifs on to me, it don't work.
The latest i heard was the great lord is coming next year, the 21 may 2011.
How can anyone really believe those sort of statements.
If people were more realistic there would be less to complain about , or blame for.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 20 October 2010 4:03:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy