The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Industrial Relations -cover for a dictatorship of the proletariat?

Industrial Relations -cover for a dictatorship of the proletariat?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
I see Al took his daily dose of crack cocaine this morning. It helps to clear his mind.
Posted by samsung, Sunday, 24 October 2010 11:34:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Sammy

no..not crack ..but I DID take a drug.... I'm as high as a kite.. I joke not...I even though about asking people if my pupils were dilated!

My drug was.. 90 pushups (3 sets of 30) and a 5km power walk.. wooooooopeeee.... *I'm flying* :)

But to more serious matters. I note that you have nothing at all to offer in terms of contrary argument..... I guess that means you believe I'm correct, but just don't want to admit it.. rather take the easy (gutless?) way and simply mock me......

Your call.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Tuesday, 26 October 2010 9:22:25 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It seemed a highly relevant observation to me, Boaz.

>>I note that you have nothing at all to offer in terms of contrary argument..... I guess that means you believe I'm correct, but just don't want to admit it.<<

Not a good guess, given that your "contributions" consisted of nothing more than a nonsensical ramble, that attempted to link "selling assets" with "go broke", and "Public service unionization" with "REVOLUTION" (your caps).

If you had presented some kind of coherent linkage, apart from a passing reference to that bastion of probity and truth, Fox News, it may have been possible to mount some kind of coherent response.

But as it stands, it strikes me that samsung's observation was in perfect symmetry with your two last posts, Boaz.

Incidentally, for the record...

>>France is being torched as we speak<<

Leaving aside the overblown language for a moment, I thought I might draw your attention to a rather scholarly analysis of some earlier French disturbances, in 2006.

http://riotsfrance.ssrc.org/Salanie/

The main conclusion is that they are economic in origin.

"...the obscenely low employment rate of the young in France, and especially of low-skilled young men."

And here's a supporting view...

"It is ironic to note that the American media have had no qualms in using terms such as “intifada” or “jihad” to describe the recent riots, whereas both in France and throughout Europe, the emphasis has been placed primarily on social and economic conditions. Indeed, neither Islam nor religious concerns were motivating factors in the riots."

http://riotsfrance.ssrc.org/Cesari/

Do you recall saying this, on another thread...

>>Of course you connect their rise with the closing down of the Vauxall Factory and unemployment...that is part of the liberal/lefty script after all<<

So, which is it to be?

Are these societal eructations symptomatic of the gathering gloom of communism, or the simmering cauldron of racial and religious tension?

Let's just make an effort to assume, for a moment, that you cannot have it both ways?

Because I just know that you are going to try.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 26 October 2010 2:34:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An observation that should make one pause, is why when low paid employees make demands for higher pay they are treated like recalcitrant rabble, but when professional or management employees seek the same it is seen as some sort of birth right purely by class or income.

We should be more worried about excesses at the middle and top end which have far more influence on wage/price creep.
Posted by pelican, Tuesday, 26 October 2010 3:07:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy