The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Homosexuality in Society

Homosexuality in Society

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I am fairly new to the world and I like the idea of equally expressing ones opinion on any matter that may be brought up.

Although like most human beings I do find it difficult to rationalise other people’s headstrong opinions on matters that are particularly controversial. One matter that hits home is the subject of homosexuality and the denunciation that shadows the homosexual existence, whether it is simply frowned upon or hit head on with nothing but hatred and disgust.
What I find hard to understand is the way that homosexuality is so thoughtlessly unaccepted. I would like to know why for starters, sparing the one sentence reasoning and really tell me why with a little more detail than “it’s wrong.”

Why is it wrong? What can be wrong about expression? I know that is an open question, so I will cut it down a little. I have witnessed answers in the past that compare homosexuals with paedophiles and people who commit bestiality. I see no connection, the last two mentioned are crimes and they are crimes for a reason, these crimes have victims and these victims are subject to cruelty, abuse, suffering trauma and more. It is a violation on human and animal rights and cannot be compared to an act that is between two consenting adults.

So please share your opinion.
Posted by Nicnoto, Thursday, 9 September 2010 3:33:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nice question.
Good luck on your quest.
I think anything is ok between consenting adults so I will refrain from giving my thoughts but Im sure runner and co will be along soon to "enlighten" you.
hehehehe
Just remember it is not about what they or anyone else thinks. The important thing is that you think. Think for yourself and come to your own decisions.
Posted by mikk, Thursday, 9 September 2010 4:25:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you

My mind is just as set in stone as the next person, I have my opinions and I will stand by what I believe in to the best of my ability.

I also think it's good to listen to other people, regardless of how much I disagree with them. :) We have to learn to live with each other sometime lol
Posted by Nicnoto, Thursday, 9 September 2010 4:29:50 PM
Nicnoto

Throughout history most cultures have considered homosexuality as abnormal. At the end of the day all people hold to a philosophical belief. In a secular society we are led to believe that homosexuality is harmless. The many diseases spread through sodomy disagrees. Certain body parts were never designed to go in the passage where we excrete waste.

I personally think it is a shame that 'gay' activist continue to promote their behaviour as normal expecting everyone to accept their worldview. They are very absolute in their belief. God never designed us to commit homosexual acts.

Homosexuality is no more wrong or right than adultery or fornication according to the Scriptures.

You mention homosexuality being compared with bestiality or paedophile. A good arguement can be made that if you reject God's standards and rulings you will make up your own. Some ethicist feel that bestiality in some circumstances is okay. It depends whether you make up your own morality base or accept God's.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 9 September 2010 4:32:47 PM
Oh, Oh, I just thought of something.

I recently heard about the new feminist issue of Birth Rape. It's when doctors or mid-wives penetrate the woman in any way during a birth without asking permission.

By that rationale, whenever a vet sticks their hand up a cow, that's rape! It should be outlawed!

It's an animal rights issue.
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 9 September 2010 5:00:09 PM
Runner

God never designed animals to commit homosexual acts too right? Yet over 1500 species do. I am aware that this is circumstantial but sex is still performed among two animals of the same sex in nature.

Some ethicist also believe rape is ok too, the difference being when the act is complete, a victim is left behind.

You refer to disease, yes gay men contribute to the spread of AIDS, as did many other people engaging in unsafe sex from the 1980's to now, I have little to say on this subject other than the HIV was distributed by various immoral means, not only comprising of gay men.

Adultery and fornication. Adultery is betrayal of the one you are committed to (I'm referring to Western culture and society), immoral.
Fornication is sexual intercourse before marriage, immoral

Homosexuality - romantic feelings towards those of the same gender, immoral how?

I disagree with stereotypical "queens" and the homosexual tarts and (excuse my language) sluts of society, as much as I disagree with man-whores and women of the sort.
However I do believe in love between two people of the same sex, unfortunately love is not gender specific. Love in my experience is the connection between two peoples "spirits" above physical attraction. I see how this is wrong in gods eyes.
Posted by Nicnoto, Thursday, 9 September 2010 5:06:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy