The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sleeping your way to the top

Sleeping your way to the top

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. All
I agree with StG. It is disgraceful that this topic was allowed on this forum.

You can't go around saying someone slept their way to the top without proof.
Do you have proof Runner?

Runner, this is a low blow, even for you.
Posted by suzeonline, Thursday, 29 July 2010 9:20:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Otokonoko

Read the latest Women's weekly for your answer.

St George

Bill Clinton made it to the top and look at his behaviour. It seems that most don't take character into account when voting.

Suzionline

I take it you condone affairs with married men. You are obviously not a victim.

I for one would like a pm who is a role model for the younger generation.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 29 July 2010 9:37:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[Deleted for bad language].
Posted by StG, Thursday, 29 July 2010 10:08:11 PM
I note some comments above asking why I allowed this post. Well, there are a number of reasons. The affair is on the record and was with Craig Emerson. Apparently (I haven't read the Weekly) Julia Gillard has just alluded to it.

While I don't think this means Ms Gillard has "slept her way to the top", I guess you could hold that opinion. In any event, the PM has raised the issue and I don't see that it is inappropriate to talk about it.

I wouldn't judge someone for having an affair, but others will. I cannot see what the harm is in having the discussion. The morals of a public official running for office are an issue that is worth discussing. Plenty have discussed Abbott's morals and take exception to them. I can't see how this thread is any different, it just looks at the other contender for PM.

The thread has clumsy wording, but I have a policy of allowing threads through with clumsy wording without editing them. The journal is for the polished thoughts, the forum for the more rough hewn ones.
Posted by GrahamY, Thursday, 29 July 2010 11:32:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was not aware of this affair prior to this topic. Those who read my other posts would never suspect me of being a follower of Julia Gillard, but if anything, while I still wouldn't vote for her, this revelation makes me place two '+' signs next to her name.

+1: Humility is a rare quality among politicians.
+2: One who prefers others to stay away from their private lives, may perhaps, just perhaps, be a little more careful about interfering with the private lives of others.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 29 July 2010 11:45:26 PM
Having read the online extract (I won't be forking out the dosh for a copy of Women's Weekly, and don't have any dentist's appointments coming up), all I can say is that she seems a lot more personable than her opponent. I'm still not sure how sleeping with Emerson scored her political points, though.
Posted by Otokonoko, Friday, 30 July 2010 12:31:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. All