The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Free Our Schools

Free Our Schools

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Isn't all the same war words. You are you and you are you.........it gets a bit boring at times.( spelling), and I for the life of me, cant see what your fighting about! What is here right now is Australian! We have the best brains in the world as far as Iam concerned, And when I walk down the common street, I see a world as one already!

Free our schools. They are free!

What is wrong with you? You know the world is getting smaller, So why are you not getting smarter?

You have the same blood? don't you? You have the same brains, Dont you,............So what is stopping you from shacking hands?

Australia is a place of peace. But there comes a time to shut the gates? I will leave it up to you.

To live in Australia, You must have a mind for this land. You must have a mind for the people. You must have a mind for the world of the future, which none of us can stop.

These are all Facts!

I want balance! And I will not stop until I see it!

If your here! Thats fine.

Before this land is distorted, I say Shut the gates, unless you have some-thing to give to this GREAT, UNCONTAMINATED, CLEAN, SELF-SUSTAINING, AND THE BEST OF THE PEOPLE I HAVE EVER SEEN!

Give this away and what have you got?

Yes people! Have a Good look at the rest of them?

ARE WE NOT sitting sweet.
yOU BE THE JUDGE

TTm
Posted by think than move, Monday, 28 June 2010 8:05:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nairbe mate... that *iftikar* appears to be in the UK and regularly writes some inflammatory article here.. for...well..I dunno :)

But check this out.. it will be more entertaining..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4NMoyarAM4

It's a parody of Glenn Beck.. (who does have some behavioral similarities to this parody..but his content is pretty good usually)

Pelly.. surely you know this Iftik.. person by now ?

Why waste your precious thoughts on the troll?
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Monday, 28 June 2010 8:47:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
May I add to Pelican's comments [thanks Pelican, yet another of your factual viewpoints shared], Lftikhar and say that in every school, whether it be state or private, many kids are of all denominations. Within the catholic system, many children are not 'catholic'. Many of my kids had friends from all different cultures and religious backgrounds including athiests at their private schools. What people write on admissions sheets are entirely different to their beliefs and lifestyles.
In other words, people intentionally 'lie' to enlist their children in private schools as their choice of education for their kids. They skip the sacraments part and allow their confused kids to go along with the remainder of the curriculum.

In all fairness, if governments partially fund private schools for the catholic, anglican and Christian schools, and Australia's vision is to be one of multicultural, then people of muslim faith should open their own schools and apply for part funding. It would be a hypocritical society and government if equality was not taken into account with part funding not granted.
Posted by we are unique, Monday, 28 June 2010 9:26:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ALGIR
No comment is wasted - Iftikhar has a right to his/her view as do you.

However, I cannot stand bigotry in any form even if it comes from minorities. Being a member of a minority does not give one a special pass or 'get out of jail free' card on matters of intolerance.

As TTM said, the world is becoming smaller but some people are determined to maintain old hatreds rather than work towards a more harmonious state of affairs.

Hi we are unique
For various reasons we sent one of our children to a private school and the issue of religion was discussed with our daughter. The school quite happily takes non-religious students without the need to lie, the only requirement being of course they attend Chapel and RE. Muslim and Hindus at the school also attended Chapel and RE. It was an Anglican School, I am not sure if a Catholic School would knowingly take on a child from a non-Catholic home. It might come down to numbers.

As parents we accepted the fact we choose the school we adhere to their rules - one accepts that in making a choice to go private. My daughter got a Distinction in RE for questioning. Go figure! She is now a well rounded adult who remains an atheist. Kids will work it out for themselves.

Let's face it, our children's values and beliefs are largely shaped in the home.
Posted by pelican, Monday, 28 June 2010 11:22:26 PM
I am pleased to see such a sensible string of responses here! Muslim children certainly do have the right to be educated within their culture. If that culture is Australian, then they have the right to be educated within an Australian cultural context in any of our state schools. If they wish to add religious elements to that education, then the Muslim community is more than welcome to establish a private school, just as the Catholic, Anglican, Uniting and various other sectors have done. And, I might add, many Muslim communities within our nation have done.

I've already given my opinion on the chaplaincy in state schools in a recent thread, so I'll only go so far as to say that I don't like it. If parents want their kids to have a religious education, then they can send them to religious schools. My parents never had money when I was growing up, but they managed to scrape the dollars together nonetheless, because they wanted a Catholic education for me.

Now, teaching in a Catholic school, I'll add (in response to pelican) that, like Anglican schools, Catholic schools open their doors to non-Catholics, though it is largely governed by numbers. There has been a shift away from this in a number of regions, though, as diocesan authorities are plagued with Catholic parents angry that there is 'no room' at Catholic schools for their kids. The school at which I work takes Catholics first and, in addition, gives preference to Catholic kids who attended Catholic primary schools. The rationale is that the Church contributes considerable funding to the school and subsidises places (which is part of why Catholic schools are generally the cheapest private options), so the Church has a responsibility to look out for its own community. My school does have a number of non-Catholic and non-Christian students, though - all of whom participate in liturgies and RE (though in senior studies, RE is usually replaced with the more sociological 'deconstruction' of religion offered in SOR).
Posted by Otokonoko, Tuesday, 29 June 2010 2:05:08 AM
Dear Otokonoko

You say:

"Muslim children certainly do have the right to be educated within their culture."

of course they do.. just like 'Children of God' children have a 'right' to be educated by their own religious culture that 'sex' is not evil when an old fart like David Moses Berg is getting a little errr.. frisky....after all.. he worked out the doctrine 'under god' (his version) thennn...hey..it's allll good...right ?

Let me ask you honestly.. do you support a cult like that being allowed to teach that 'flirty fishing' is fine and that adult child sex outside of marriage is fine? I'm really hoping for an answer here..and then.. well.. let's see your response first please..ok?

Here is a video to assist your consideration:

Leader...David Berg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URAQ9zznUNI&feature=related

Follower....His daughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1jQ2pessjs&feature=related

Others.... children

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAvrp_eEYA&feature=related

Now..the issue here becomes.. "Islam"... is it a cult ? What IS...a cult? if you found similarities between the above linked cult and Islamic doctrines examples and practice... would you not be a little concerned and perhaps want to place a few proviso's on your blanket statement?

"Muslim children certainly do have the right to be educated within their culture."

Muslim Children.
COG children.
Nambla Children.
Lesbian cult children
Gay cult children...
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Tuesday, 29 June 2010 5:45:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy