The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The return of Macarthyism... soon.

The return of Macarthyism... soon.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Hi Benny...

You said: "Beck of course is a total joke, only paid attention to by the radical right wingers"

Really ? watch what happens in America on 28/8.. I think it might prove you incorrect.. at least I hope so.. but we'll just have to see.

More people watch Beck than read the Washington Post.. hmmm ok...

You sprogs who simply trash Beck without actually watching one of his shows (I'm referring here to Fox News 7.00am to 8.00am, or 4.00pm to 5.00pm) seem to be prejudging the issue on the strength of a few gaudy Youtube Vids, but feel free to correct me there.

BECKS STYLE. One thing I like about his method, is backup.

e.g. Beck made a claim in 2006 that "Union Pensions are unsustainable"
He recently played that clip again..and then.. referred viewers to this story:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/congress-pushing-165-billion-union-pension-bailout-94828874.html

Whether or not the final toll amounts to $165,000,000 is another question. According to the Democrat who delivered the "Create Jobs and Save Benefits Bill" (only a lefty could think of a name like that) will add a mere $8-10 billion to the taxpayer burden. (oh..is THAT all?)

InnnnnCREDible.. Unions will spend $100 million on an election, but then grovel for an $8 to $165 billion pension bailout ?

BECK states on his program "Under these Cap and Trade laws, electricity prices will SKYrocket"

Then shows a clip of Obama saying "Under Cap and Trade, Electricity prices will SKYrocket"

BECK outlines a network of communists who want to destroy the US capitalist system, then plays Jed Brandt saying exactly that.

Yep.. Beck is definitely a loony :) "aaah fox news... that's the problem".

Honestly, hate him or love him (only 2 possible emotions) reserve opinion until you
a) Watch the show
b) Verify or negate the facts. (do your own research)
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Monday, 28 June 2010 7:21:19 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But back to "Macarthyism"..and Joe's rehabilitiation ala Beck.

I sense there will be a huge purge of communists from the American political scene in the not too distant future. I don't know what form that will take.. but considering Obama is doing the ONE and ONLY thing he can do to hold power after his disastrous run thus far.. i.e. reach out to the illegal immigrants and try to convert 13,000,000 illegals into instant DEMOCRAT VOTERS by giving an amnesty....well....

With that kind of voting clout, any white non latino in the USA can kiss freedom and political voice goodbye forever. (remember "Aztlan" people ?)

Given that kind of outrageous and obscene abuse of political power.. one would not be surprised if there was a rather strong and possibly violent reaction...of the JFK, RFK kind. Let's hope such vile unconscionable provocation is never perpetrated by Obama on the American people.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Monday, 28 June 2010 7:30:22 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SOG :) I respect your posts a lot. I'm wondering how you determine Beck is a 'Charlatan'...On what grounds please?
You need more that an hour on youtube.. you really need to see a full program over a week. Cheers.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Monday, 28 June 2010 7:33:34 PM
Dear AGIR,

You said; “CSTEEL.. the 'lie' of Beck was his mildly dramatic over characterization of Barbara Walters... was it not”

No it was not. He lied outright.

You then said; “So, essentially.. he portrayed the facts at issue correctly but was a bit over the top in his portrayal of Walters.”
No he did not portray the facts of the case correctly at all. He lied through his teeth and was caught out.

The two ladies did not reserve the seats as claimed by Beck.
They did not come over to him as he claimed but rather he went to them as he admitted later. When asked directly why he lied about it he said “I don’t know”.

When Woopie called him a “"Lying Sack Of Dog Mess" he did not argue.

You asked; “And this means ?”

It means he is a liar, which I’m completely okay with since I see him as a showman, an entertainer, a professional offering us a hyped characterisation of a conservative commentator. Perhaps he does believe in a superficial way some of what he is spouting but he believes far more in the ratings he is securing for FOX and that is fine too because that is what he is getting paid for.

What I am more concerned about is the fact that you were able to watch the youtube link I supplied and not see that Glen Beck was caught telling a bald faced lie which he didn’t even attempt to deny.

That is a scary ability to see things in just the light you want them to be.

I would like you to take a little more care of yourself because if you continue to view the world in this fashion then you run a very real risk of being led by those with agendas that are not healthy to either yourself nor the rest of us. We all need to know when we are being told things that are patently untrue and to be able to identify charlatans.
Posted by csteele, Tuesday, 29 June 2010 1:55:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You're right.... Beck is just a "performer". Just like some well known corrupt tele-evangelists. And because the members of the American religious far right wing movement are so suggestible and gullible Beck has an eager, ready made audience. An audience that can't think for itself (just look at Boaz/polycarp/agir .... he's part of that audience). They believe **ONLY** what they want to believe. Truth and fact, unless it conforms to their "already held" beliefs, are things that don't interest them.
Posted by benq, Tuesday, 29 June 2010 3:50:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CSTEEL...

//You asked; “And this means ?” It means he is a liar//

Actually.. have you ever lied? have you ever portrayed things in such a way as to help your case a teensy weensy bit ? ever.. ever ?

I think what happened there is that in exactly the same way you are going after Becks jugular right now.. those Women..particularly Woopy, were more concerned about some minor details than bigger issues.

You seem to not realize. Beck actually went on their program.. he cast himself before a couple of swans and a couple of swine... if he was conscious of having erred so grievously as you suggest.. do you really think he would have gone on the show ? ? ?

He certainly seems to have mischaracterized some parts of that story,.. that does NOT make him a 'liar'...it makes him a man.. a mortal.. one who erred on a particular occasion.. on national TV....

I guess you don't see his show in full.. or regularly ? You should.. because you would see a different side of the man than that which you are trying to smear now.

Do you know what "Founders fridays" are ?
Do you know any of the things he has shown about race relations over the early period of the USA? have you seen the level of documentation they present ?
Somehow I doubt it. But most of all..have you watched and then CHECKED for yourself whether they got it right or not ? I somehow doubt that too.

I showed you an example.. you didn't even refer to it.. you jusssst wanted to throw mud.. (from under the slimy stone where you live ? :)
Don't worry.. the whole of leftoid america is trying the same thing.. (happily assisted by donantions from George Soros and a few others)
It doesn't work... it is doomed to failure... just like the leftist Air America did.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/2812-the-demise-of-air-america
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Tuesday, 29 June 2010 5:56:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy