The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Prison Security

Prison Security

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Dear Individual,

Carl Williams was tried and convicted and
locked up in a supposedly secure prison.
The prison system failed him and it shouldn't
have. There will be investigations, and hopefully
these will provide the necessary answers to his
father and family. No one should die the way that
he did locked up in a supposedly safe prison system.

Questions need to be asked. If our system of justice
fails one, it fails us all.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 21 April 2010 12:51:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual
I agree with your sentiments about justice for victims and their families - it is too often inadequate. But that is different issue - not sure how our vote in a Federal election will have much effect on the judicial system in present times. Isn't it a bit tweedle dum-b and tweedle dee.
Posted by pelican, Wednesday, 21 April 2010 1:00:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There's justice, as meted out in the courts
and there's natural justice, as sometimes meted out in prison.
Think of the money saved that can be far better spent.
Posted by Proxy, Wednesday, 21 April 2010 3:58:06 PM
no doubt the prison system failed but not nearly as much as the judges who have let people off so lightly only to go on and murder, rape, bash, steal and abuse innocent adults and children. Hopefully the death of Mr Williams might deter some from a life of crime however I doubt it seen it is so glamorized by our media
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 21 April 2010 4:23:07 PM
Well, if you ask me, he has done us all a huge favour.

I just wonder what the government can find to waste the saved money on!
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 22 April 2010 6:13:52 AM
Runner, you astound me with your contradictory remarks when exalting your? Christianity. How are people able to take you seriously when promoting capital punishment for all killers, from a Christianity/Spirituality pov.

Not to mention the poor buggers who kill in self defence [say your home was broken into during the night and your family under threat], you pick up a bat, aim for the burglar's knees, he/she falls and hits their head and dies. Capital punishment or manslaughter for YOU Runner.

How would you feel about capital punishment then?
Posted by we are unique, Thursday, 22 April 2010 10:13:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy