The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Electricity Prices

Electricity Prices

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
How many people and businesses have to suffer before people start to realise that following a political party is good for us.

We have all seen that the cost of electricity is going up especially in NSW by 64% over 3 years due to Rudds plans.

What do you think of this and how many people do you think will starve or go cold and end up dying due to this.

Spin will only get you so far in government and this type of pricing will hurt everyone.
Businesses will have to put costs up to cover this, so food will go up.
Posted by tapp, Saturday, 10 April 2010 4:13:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
tapp wrote:

< What do you think of this and how many people do you think will starve or go cold and end up dying due to this. >

That's the plan. Our illustrious do nothing slime ball is right behind the UN's Agenda 21. Read up about it, it will shock you.

Here's a start
http://green-agenda.com/agenda21.html
Posted by RawMustard, Saturday, 10 April 2010 4:58:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tapp.It is time for a new political party that does not take corporate donations and believes in our nation's sovereignty.We have been betrayed by both the major parties.

I will not vote for either of them again.There must be a large group of like minded individuals who have the desire and passion to forge new ideals.Labor and Liberal are monetary dinosaurs that must be cast into the abyss of human failures.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 10 April 2010 5:29:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Did go to that site and have looked through it, yes it seems that we are to all be one.

And with regards to another political party been there tried that, got laughted at so will again be running as an independent.

Somebody has to stand up and it seems people are getting to say enough is enough.

All we get from the parties representatives is when we say no they say yes.
Posted by tapp, Saturday, 10 April 2010 7:02:15 PM
Which plans are these, tapp?

>>We have all seen that the cost of electricity is going up especially in NSW by 64% over 3 years due to Rudds plans.<<

I just compared the electricity bill I got five years ago with my current (sorry!) one, and the like-for-like increase is 17.9%, over the period.

What am I now supposed to expect?
Posted by Pericles, Saturday, 10 April 2010 8:38:47 PM
Tapp, I think you will find that around Australia, electricity
charges are due to rise, for similar reasons.

Alot of the old networks are fairly clapped out and need upgrading.
We are switching to gas from brown coal to some extent, that will
be more expensive, but more envirnoment friendly. Energy globally
however, be it coal, gas or whatever is heading upward in the medium
to longer term.

At the moment we pay around 20c kw/h in WA, which I don't think
is unreasonable. I paid that much in Switzerland, 35 years ago!

But there is of course much that consumers can do, to help themselves.

Solar hot water systems work like a charm, I've had one for around
25 years now. Some people still insist on a clothes dryer, when the
sun does a marvelous job, especially in a sunny country like Australia.

Widescreen tvs are common as chips now. But plasmas are electricty
guzzlers compared to LCDs or LEDs. So consumers have a choice.

But of course if you really want to help the poor, which you imply,
then ban the pokies. For the amount of money those machines consume,
commonly from the poor, makes power bills look like a fairy story.
Posted by Yabby, Saturday, 10 April 2010 9:16:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy